Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
I don't remember when I started feeling like this but recently I noticed that nothing feels real anymore. For example when I look in the mirror it doesn't feel like I'm looking at me. I know that it's me but I feel disconnected from the person Iook at. I feel like I barely exist and just go through the day, Sometimes everything around me feels abstract. I don't know how to describe it other than "not real". When I'm with my friends sometimes I just feel like I'm not taking part in anything, even when I'm talking with them. It just feels like I'm watching everything around me without having influence on it. Even when I talk it just feels like something I don't have full control over. Maybe like I'm not the one talking??Sometimes I even feel like my friends aren't real. I know who they are obviously and I know them very well but I feel disconnected from them and don't feel like I have any connection with them. In the moments when I feel like this they're just there and i don't feel any different than if I would be home alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Whyami, Forever Sleep and 6 others
yellowroses

yellowroses

Ever Seeking
Jun 12, 2023
This sounds a lot like depersonalization/derealization to me. I struggle with it too. Sometimes it gets to the point that I can't tell the difference between my dreams and reality. Cognitive behavioral therapy is supposed to help, I've found meditation helps a lot too. ❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Tionally, LoiteringClouds, WonderingSoul and 1 other person
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
I know this feeling and what you describe does sound a lot like depersonalization or derealization. Sometimes it makes me literally dizzy thinking about this, it's a bizarre and heavy feeling.

So sorry you go through this, I know this can be tough.

EDIT: @yellowroses was faster than me haha ♡

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tionally, LoiteringClouds and yellowroses
ZoloftSüchtig

ZoloftSüchtig

„We can olive together“
Apr 9, 2023
Im so sorry that you are experiencing this too. It's a very lonely feeling for me ):

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tionally and Starry✧・゚Daze
Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
I experience is too, as if you are watching your life through a screen, like a video or a movie.
And also that you can't feel anything, you're entirely disconnected from your surrounding, your internal body and emotions.
The only thing that felt real to me was physical touch, like when somebody would touch my arm...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tionally, Starry✧・゚Daze and cscott
𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂
May 26, 2023
Nothing feels real I can relate been going through that with years. So far I kinda got used to it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tionally and Starry✧・゚Daze
M

maarijkhan

May 28, 2023
Derealization/Depersonalization, stems from trauma (esp. childhood trauma) and high anxiety

Have the end stage of it for the past 8 years

• Hugs
Reactions: Tionally