card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
I honestly wouldn't describe myself as being a people pleaser. When I was a people pleaser, I wasn't necessarily concerned with how I made people feel, it was just knowing how to snake my way out of situations by always doing what others want. I feel like I've done well with healing the people-pleaser in me; I am much better at setting boundaries now, but I still care about others and want what's best for them.

However, I feel like I love too much. I told a friend this not too long ago, and he said he didn't see it as an issue, but I do. I still have some healing to do, obviously, but right now I'm just struggling to accept that I will often love people more than they can love me. And I will love people more than I can ever show. I feel like I am overflowing with love and care, and most people are unwilling to return or even accept it. I willingly accept that I am a sensitive and vulnerable person, and I love that part of myself, but I'm struggling to find a place where I feel like I belong.

I know it comes off as corny when I try to explain it to others, but I don't know how else to convey these feelings. I feel like I intrinsically love every person that crosses my path, and I don't know how to cope with it. My next step in my healing process has been trying to overcome the fear of rejection, and my love for others makes rejection hurt so much. It sucks! It's one of the big reasons I fall back into suicidal ideation! I feel so alone, full of love with few people to give it to, and even fewer to show me the same amount of love.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
It's not whiny. It's relatable. It hurts a lot when you want to connect with someone and get pushed away. I'm similar, though maybe not to the same extent. I try to appreciate that part of myself rather than resenting it, although I should probably learn to let things go sometimes.

• Hugs
Reactions: card1nal and ColorlessTrees
evilnkaa

evilnkaa

Till' Death Was Never Enough
Jun 24, 2024
I can relate to this so much!!
I love a lot and it truley does feel like I'm over-stimulating everyone. Although some are okay with it,,, others get freaked out and just say I'm dramatic,emotional and ,sensitive. But in all honesty the world needs more love. You aren't corny for expressing any feelings and if they think that way they truly don't deserve someone as amazing as you. It's tough because I feel like I give my love to the wrong people and it causes me to fall back and I'm not a confrontational person so I do take all the blame and I end up beating myself up for it. I'm also learning how to take rejection and it's probably one of the hardest obstacles I've faced. It's okay to feel sensitive and vulnerable and to have feelings. I need to accept and love myself for who I am before I love others. So for me I'm taking a couple steps back. I'm glad you accept that part of you. And I hope you find where you belong but don't feel rushed or beat yourself up for it you deserve to be loved just as much.<33

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: card1nal and ColorlessTrees
spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
the world does need more love. this makes me suicidal too, that i love so deeply no matter what i'll never find someone who loves me with as much intensity. i'd love to have a stalker, someone obsessed with me. it means they love me with as much passion as i love others.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and evilnkaa
card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
It's not whiny. It's relatable. It hurts a lot when you want to connect with someone and get pushed away. I'm similar, though maybe not to the same extent. I try to appreciate that part of myself rather than resenting it, although I should probably learn to let things go sometimes.
I definitely struggle to let things go. Like, if someone doesn't want my love, friendship, or care, it is very hard for me to accept. I hope you can find a way to appreciate it!
I hope you find where you belong but don't feel rushed or beat yourself up for it you deserve to be loved just as much.<33
Thank you so much, and I wish the same to you!! <3

• Love
Reactions: evilnkaa and derpyderpins