abcz

abcz

confused with life
Sep 19, 2023
I spent the entire day yesterday with three people to celebrate someone's birthday. And it was fine. But at the same time, I felt like an outsider as they all played this one game that I don't play and talked about it and stuff and at times I just didn't know what to do really but sit in silence. But I always feel this way in friend groups when I just don't have the same energy level about things or when others find things funny and I try to force myself to laugh. Even in my own family, sometimes I just don't feel I belong and I kinda exist on the outside, especially since I've stopped being at home most of the time.

It feels stupid as I'm an introvert and even when eating with people, I like being on my phone, but then I also end up feeling lonely and different than anyone else. Not in the sense like "I'm better than everyone so ofc im different than them", but like "everyone else belongs and I don't so I must be different".

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: cscott, sserafim, Rational man and 3 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Ive felt like an outsider all of my life and in doing so, I carved out a life mainly on my terms. Its about accepting that you are different and thats okay. I mean I used to hang out with people and I tried to fit in. Unfortunately, you can end up more miserable because you are not being true to yourself. IM a bit of a loner these days and sick but I prefer my life to the mindless little talk that is rampant everywhere.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Same, I also feel like an outsider. I've always felt like one tbh

Reactions: cscott