ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I imagine a lot of you feel this way, but I just thought id make a post because it's late where i am and i cant get to sleep no matter how hard i try.

My entire existence feels somewhat like an out of body experience, im obviously here physically and i can feel everything that this world throws at my body, however mentally i feel dead.

It's a weird feeling and it only seems to strengthen with each day im forced to live. I just feel dead but i keep living for the sake of living. Im not doing anything with any real purpose or meaning, im just doing it. People dont even feel real to me anymore (if that makes any sense), theyre just others i have to navigate to get through to the next day which is filled with nothingness.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Maaizr, ineedtoctb, Un- and 26 others
popuoh

popuoh

Wanderer of worlds
Jan 28, 2021
Same here, it's like being forced to watch a movie of your life but it's a real shitty movies and you can't do anything about but watch.

Anyways sending ghost hugs your way and hope you'll find your peace eventually :heart:

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, it's_all_a_game, PoofLoop:P and 6 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can relate.
Last year, I just looked at my wall, turned off my phone and only talked to my dog. I was alive but not in this world anymore.
Now, I kinda am but it's a daily struggle.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, popuoh, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Same here, it's like being forced to watch a movie of your life but it's a real shitty movies and you can't do anything about but watch.
Feels like I'm forced to watch a two-hour-long Amy Schumer special.
loop orange GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: Un-, watchingthewheels, newave3 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I can relate to this. Sometimes I feel like i've already died but still conscious and breathing. I can see the world around me but I just feel so numb to it all. I feel like my life has no purpose or meaning, (which nobody's does anyway as we all just die). I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, LansJ70, popuoh and 1 other person
RockBot

RockBot

A Mole Sitting in a Hole
Jun 6, 2020
'Reflective Self-realisation Disassociative Disorder'

Not a real psychological term but it makes me sound clever asf

Reactions: newave3
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah.
Sometimes I think it would be easier to deal to deal with a physical terminal illness than a mental one that destroys your mind but leaves the body "alive".

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: newave3 and popuoh
L

LansJ70

Student
May 3, 2021
I can relate to this. Sometimes I feel like i've already died but still conscious and breathing. I can see the world around me but I just feel so numb to it all. I feel like my life has no purpose or meaning, (which nobody's does anyway as we all just die). I wish you the best.
No purpose or meaning - that's exactly how I feel.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry and newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Feels like I'm forced to watch a two-hour-long Amy Schumer special.
loop orange GIF

A Clockwork Orange....one of my favorite movies from the great Stanley Kubrick.

I understand and agree with every word @ClownMe wrote.

• Love
Reactions: lifeisbutadream and ClownMe
J

Just A NPC

Oct 6, 2018
I feel this exact same way and it's getting stronger. I miss being able to be excited about something, like genuinely.

Reactions: ineedtoctb, Conker, ClownMe and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Same I feel disconnected from humanity socially I don't like this but I can't recover I isolated too long and I'm disadvantaged

• Love
Reactions: ClownMe and markimobzzdeasui
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I completely agree. I feel like I've sentenced myself to prison in my own home. Life is truly awful

• Love
Reactions: ClownMe
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
I feel like that too, like I'm amost done with this planet. I don't feel like it's my home anymore. I've visited here long enough.

• Love
Reactions: ineedtoctb and ClownMe
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I'm from Indonesia. You're not alone, I can relate with everything you've said. IMHO, it's also probably part of an existential depression (at least in my case personally).

• Love
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I imagine a lot of you feel this way, but I just thought id make a post because it's late where i am and i cant get to sleep no matter how hard i try.

My entire existence feels somewhat like an out of body experience, im obviously here physically and i can feel everything that this world throws at my body, however mentally i feel dead.

It's a weird feeling and it only seems to strengthen with each day im forced to live. I just feel dead but i keep living for the sake of living. Im not doing anything with any real purpose or meaning, im just doing it. People dont even feel real to me anymore (if that makes any sense), theyre just others i have to navigate to get through to the next day which is filled with nothingness.
Sounds like depersonalization/derealization and I also feel it 24/7 with it getting worse at times of stress

• Hugs
Q-Dust

Q-Dust

Am literally a rhododendron
Jun 9, 2019
Nothing is wrong with me, It was just bad luck that I was raised to be like this