R

ready.to.go

Nov 19, 2021
This is so strange and I wish I could get over it. I'm so ready to ctb, but there's new seasons/new episodes of some of my favorite shows coming out soon and I don't want to miss them. I know that it doesn't matter and once I'm gone it doesn't matter what TV I've watched, but I feel sad about not being able to see them. Part of me wants to wait until they come out, but of course it'll never end because new things are always coming out. Ugh.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: death137, Toxic Positivity, ashfall and 7 others
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I totally relate.

I also feel the same about albums by my favorite artists/bands.

• Hugs
Reactions: ready.to.go, ashfall and LastFlowers
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Wish I could be like that, don't understand how people can get so excited over a film coming out in months, films and TV shows are just hour to two hour distractions for me nothing more, maybe 5/100 on enjoyment scale.

• Hugs
Reactions: shrusho, demuic and Talvikki
ashfall

ashfall

Jan 1, 2022
I feel the exact same! A not insignificant part of me wants to wait to ctb until my favourite book series is complete. I really want to know what happens to all my favourite characters. I know it's silly because it's a fictional world and it's not like I'll remember it when I'm gone. It's especially dumb because I'd have to wait years and it's not like I've had the attention span to read anything in months anyway. It's really validating to know someone else feels this way!

Part of me is really tempted to email the author pretending to be a cancer patient or something to ask for spoilers before I die. I know it probably wouldn't work and I'd feel so guilty about it but I just want to know if my favourite characters make it or not. I'm aware of how stupid this all sounds.

• Hugs
Reactions: ready.to.go and demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Anhedonia helps with this at least. Even if I do like something, it manages to turn into a chore or feel exhausting to keep up with.

All of the things I was waiting for either died (literally or figuratively) or no longer garner any interest in me. Feels like a cosmic joke is being played on me.

• Hugs
Reactions: ready.to.go and JustAMatterOfTime
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot really relate to this at all, I do not enjoy watching the TV, I only watch it to pass the time. I do not enjoy anything at all really and I struggle to concentrate. I think this is part of the reason why I do not want to exist, when there is nothing to look forward to, life becomes extremely miserable and depressing. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

ready to go....

ready to go....

exhausted
Feb 16, 2022
I can relate to this, I'm glad I've found a place where others understand this.
I have a concert coming up which I've been waiting for since 2019, I try to keep that in mind but I'm not strong enough to hold on, it's just a concert after all. It may be a few months away, but I just want to end this pain as soon as possible.

Last edited: