Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
This may sound bad because we often associate responsibilities with a lifestyle accepted by the standards of society, you can call me lazy, but one point in my favor is that I do not have children and I do not plan to have them, and that has a lot to do with it. see with what I want to tell you.

It is exhausting to have responsibilities and that most of them are imposed spontaneously, that is a very important element in life since each of us is responsible for something, but what about those who do not want to be responsible for something? Life is a responsibility, an imposed responsibility, to maintain your body, to feed it, to overcome your conditions to achieve it in case you live in a precarious way, but this pattern is repeated in everyone, with different circumstances, sometimes I think about the humanity's sense of wanting to prolong life or raising children, suffering simply does not make sense for the mere fact that suffering has neither meaning nor purpose, the purpose of life is death?

Anyway, I want to avoid responsibilities, I don't want to be responsible or really participate in something, I just want to avoid life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hemlock, alown, pthnrdnojvsc and 29 others
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Most of what you said really resonates with me.

I hate having any responsibilities, just because I exist. Even having to care for my body, such as brushing my teeth or showering. What a joke. It's too hard and feels utterly pointless. Life doesn't even feel real to me. I don't understand people or this world. It feels like I'm watching, or rather, living in, a tv show full of drama.

Sorry that you feel that way too (not the derealization part).

I wish you the best in the meantime, and stay safe.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 171S, miserableforever, pthnrdnojvsc and 13 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@JustJudah while not exactly the same situation, I can sympathize. It seems like everyone in my family, even those who are thousands of miles away, always look to me for advice and solutions. It's really exhausting. But when I turn it around and ask them how they would approach a problem, suddenly I'm an asshole because I know what to do and they don't. They get even more pissed when I tell them to try their approach and modify it as needed.

I'm not walking wikipedia or YouTube how-to video. It's not my responsibility to fix everyone's problems.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, OnlyTheWind, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
Pisceslilith

Pisceslilith

Student
Aug 19, 2019
Big mood, plus being in an environment that's constantly taxing on my mental health makes me not want to do anything, I don't have the energy or care to do anything. I hate that we have to try so hard just to get the bare minimum out of life. I use to want to just "be", now I realized it's better to be dead. I won't feel anything and it wouldn't matter. No pain, no annoyance, I would no longer be related to this so called "family", sounds like a nice dream to me.

Reactions: OnlyTheWind, Isisnefert, demuic and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
This may sound bad because we often associate responsibilities with a lifestyle accepted by the standards of society, you can call me lazy, but one point in my favor is that I do not have children and I do not plan to have them, and that has a lot to do with it. see with what I want to tell you.

It is exhausting to have responsibilities and that most of them are imposed spontaneously, that is a very important element in life since each of us is responsible for something, but what about those who do not want to be responsible for something? Life is a responsibility, an imposed responsibility, to maintain your body, to feed it, to overcome your conditions to achieve it in case you live in a precarious way, but this pattern is repeated in everyone, with different circumstances, sometimes I think about the humanity's sense of wanting to prolong life or raising children, suffering simply does not make sense for the mere fact that suffering has neither meaning nor purpose, the purpose of life is death?

Anyway, I want to avoid responsibilities, I don't want to be responsible or really participate in something, I just want to avoid life.
This is a really interesting post in that you've given the real reason for not having kids and then still tried to use the old cliches to make it sound better. The truth is we can't be bothered and that includes me

Midgardsorm

Midgardsorm

Paragon
Apr 28, 2020
@JustJudah ,

Responsibility is a problem itself, Judah. None of us wants responsibility, especially the one of us that life has fucked.

It's almost selfish of the world wanting us to have responsibility after all we have been through. Like after all the torture, now go on and work. I can't help but to feel ourselves as slaves.

Not having kids is already a big step towards not having responsibilities and helps saves a lot of money ( and lives, and solve overpopulation ).
As species, we have the urge for procreation at one point in our lives, but it's not something hard to overcome with a good quality of life.

The problem is that the good quality of life comes with another responsibility, that is work. It's impossible to escape from that for pawns of the society, like us.

Have we had been born rich, could be easier.

There is way to make people work for you, but still doesn't take away responsibility and it's very hard on other people, but it's what is mostly done.

The purpose of life is happiness and if not, then the purpose of life is death.

A bit of responsibility will need to exist if you are to exist. Unfortunately, it's like that.
Life is painful, to enjoy happiness, you will need to endure the responsibility.

That's why I think the happiness needs to fulfill the needs of one. Otherwise, it's overwork for underpayment.

Reactions: 171S, FutureNoomp, demuic and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your feelings are understandable. Having responsibilities can be very stressful and tiring. None of us asked to be alive in the first place, we were all perfectly fine not existing until we were forced to live. I want absolutely nothing to do with this life, all I want is to be free from existence. We deserve an option of a peaceful exit at a time of our own choosing. It is cruel how society expects us to suffer for decades. It is all pointless, all humans do is repeat the same activities day after day until we eventually die.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, FutureNoomp, Isisnefert and 5 others
N

NaughtyGirl

Oct 3, 2021
I agree completely.

In a perfect world we'd have machines doing all the work and humans would be left free to do absolutely whatever they want either in the real world or in virtual reality that would be indistinguishable from reality. We'd finally be free.

And unless we reach that endgame, I consider our civilization a failure. If we end up in a situation such that we have humanoid robots capable of performing all jobs more efficiently than humans can, and yet we still somehow have to work or else we risk losing the ability to live, that's going to be utterly embarrassing for us as a species.

It's kind of ironic that we all seem to agree childhood is the best time in our lives and yet when someone like me suggests that we should strive to reach the point at which we can all be like children again, at least in terms of freedom and carelessness most people think it's stupid. Utopian is one word they use, but it's utopian precisely because of their unwillingness to embrace the idea. Thus it's a circular argument.

I believe though that unless a catastrophic event happens, we will eventually achieve that goal. Perhaps people living just 100 or 200 years from now will look at our generation and consider it the most unlucky one in all human history. Born too early to experience heaven on Earth, but late enough to be able to smell it. The difference in their life quality and ours will be bigger than between ours and any any generation before us. If you think stone age people or Victorian age people had it difficult, know that someone will feel much much more sorry for you pretty damn soon.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, FutureNoomp and Beeper
existtosuffer

existtosuffer

Student
Sep 22, 2021
The way our species has setup a system in place for survival leaves me in complete despair. When you consider that animals pretty much know their purpose in life as soon as they're born.

Yet we have to go through 15 or so years of education in order to learn how to read, write & count to prepare us for a life of survival.

I just don't know how we can really claim love as such a thing when it's really a survival of the fittest.

Reactions: Isisnefert, demuic, Beeper and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
This is a really interesting post in that you've given the real reason for not having kids and then still tried to use the old cliches to make it sound better. The truth is we can't be bothered and that includes me
What are you even talking about?

Most of what you said really resonates with me.

I hate having any responsibilities, just because I exist. Even having to care for my body, such as brushing my teeth or showering. What a joke. It's too hard and feels utterly pointless. Life doesn't even feel real to me. I don't understand people or this world. It feels like I'm watching, or rather, living in, a tv show full of drama.

Sorry that you feel that way too (not the derealization part).

I wish you the best in the meantime, and stay safe.
That's how I feel too, also feeling like I'm watching some bizarre TV show. Life doesn't make sense to me and I can't really comprehend that this meagre existence with all it's societally imposed rules and restrictions as well as the ones imposed on us by biology and the very fabric of reality are all that there is.

• Hugs
Reactions: theguineapigking
Elv_ira

Elv_ira

Jul 18, 2021
I was tryin' to have this convo w my sister but it just wasn't clicking! Finally someone gets it lol. Like I didn't choose to be here.. in this body.. on this earth..as this person.. obeying this crazy philosophical nature. Oh n ya did I mention I absolutely LOATHE it all anyway* w a talented passion at this point lol*...what
am I fighting for again exactly???!

Reactions: hlynn95, pthnrdnojvsc and Pisceslilith
hlynn95

hlynn95

Anxious Loner
Oct 2, 2021
This sounds like me! I don't like the idea of life. Having to work to live, ya know? It's like we HAVE to have a job or find someone else to pay the bills ... or if you're disabled, live off the government funds. The thing is, what about those who just don't have any motivation? I think a lot of ppl commit suicide because life is so hard. Working is not easy, getting paid minimum wage isn't enough to pay the bills and live comfortably. Higher paying jobs usually require more schooling and experience. It's just so tough, I don't want to be an adult yet. My mother still helps me with a lot of the bills but I need to get a job sooner or later and I simply don't want to :(

Reactions: Darkover, FutureNoomp and Pisceslilith
FutureNoomp

FutureNoomp

Sep 27, 2021
Hell yeah. Fuck responsibilities I hate them.

Reactions: brutalus, Pisceslilith, hlynn95 and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i'd hate to be woman in this world with the burden or the responsibility of looking after children, having to change all those shitty nappies cook food and clean up after them, forget that i have enough trouble just looking after myself never mind someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisceslilith
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
Having to work 40 hours a day for 40 years? What don't you like about that? Can the world collapse already, I'm sick of living in this world in its current state.

Reactions: Pisceslilith and hlynn95
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Im majorly stressed out by even the slightest inconvenience on my to-do list (doc appointment, shopping) I couldn't handle a full schedule of activities or even having a family/people depending on me...
Best I can do is not kill myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith, 52shriek, bed and 3 others
hlynn95

hlynn95

Anxious Loner
Oct 2, 2021
Im majorly stressed out by even the slightest inconvenience on my to-do list (doc appointment, shopping) I couldn't handle a full schedule of activities or even having a family/people depending on me...
Best I can do is not kill myself.
Ugh sounds like me — I get stressed having to go to doctor appointments n stuff but if I don't go to the doctor, my health will deteriorate. I need to see a dentist but I'm on a government health plan and a lot of dentists don't accept Medicaid! Even when they were listed on the websites provider list, which is clearly inaccurate :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Pisceslilith and bed
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
i'd hate to be woman in this world with the burden or the responsibility of looking after children, having to change all those shitty nappies cook food and clean up after them, forget that i have enough trouble just looking after myself never mind someone else.
If you didn't want to do that, then don't have kids. Tubal ligation, or some birth controls last a couple years.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
If you didn't want to do that, then don't have kids. Tubal ligation, or some birth controls last a couple years.
i had a kid when i was 18 i was there for the birth and the first six months then she dumped me, i don't remember ever changing his nappy but i feed him and bath him after the relationship breakdown i was turned off by life because i was devastated never had sex again still haven't 17 years later, whats the point of living if nobody cares or loves you, all we want to do is have sex and have someone who cares and loves us but they don't, they don't care for us, i wouldn't come alive for this shithole.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: hlynn95 and bed
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
i had a kid when i was 18 i was there for the birth and the first six months then she dumped me, i don't remember ever changing his nappy but i feed him and bath him after the relationship breakdown i was turned off by life because i was devastated never had sex again still haven't 17 years later, whats the point of living if nobody cares or loves you.
I'm sorry for your experience. 18 is very young to be a parent, it sounds like you did the best you could given the circumstances.

Reactions: bed and Darkover
Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
I want to avoid responsibilities, I don't want to be responsible or really participate in something, I just want to avoid life.
I agree with all of what you said about suffering and old age and kids. I sympathize with the desire for less responsibility too. I have pretty much based my entire existence around minimizing responsibility for many years but unfortunately I have to report that it doesn't help much, at least for me. Less stressful yes, but what little meaning there was from work and interacting with other people is gone. The only real responsibility I have now is feeding myself, but life feels even more meaningless than ever.

Reactions: Pisceslilith