sukasuka

sukasuka

Jun 10, 2023
I saw a post about this, And it's actually a big reason why I will definitely ctb. Growing old is the worst part of humanity. It's the pinnacle of the weakness of our mortality. We came from nothing and will be nothing, yet we have to deal with our body deteriorating in front of our own eyes. Our youth quite literally disappears and all we're left with is a weak, wrinkly, old, dying body just waiting for our hearts to stop. I never want to go through that.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Starry✧・゚Daze, saderaser and 12 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Yeah, I was discussing something of the sort too yesterday. It's one of the primary reasons I want to CTB. Aging disturbs me. I'm doing everything in my power to slow it down(appearance wise)but you can't prevent the inevitable.

There are more years in front of us we have to go through. Life is finite anyway, I might as well go out while I'm at my peak. I decade ago I never even expected to make it to 24, here I am.

Reactions: sserafim, Starry✧・゚Daze, sukasuka and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think it's irrational to actually want to deteriorate from old age, the thought of such a thing repulses me and sounds so torturous. And of course this is a reason as to why I think it's always preferable to cease existing as in death there are no problems and suffering, it sounds completely ideal being unaware of this hellish reality as all that is inevitable for us is to be tormented by old age, we are destined for nothing but to decay, suffer in the process and die anyway.

It truly is so horrible the amount of suffering in this world, the reality is that existing is just a process of slowly dying, we are only waiting around to die where everything will eventually be forgotten about so I could never see any benefit to all this meaningless and unnecessary suffering, the problem is that the human life expectancy is too long, I bet many of those anti-suicide people will change their views when they end up being tortured by health problems as a result of age.

I find it disgusting being trapped in this flesh prison that is destined to deteriorate as to exist means to be a slave to suffering and death is the only escape from this hell. I could never understand why anyone would actually want to get old, I just think the inevitability of old age is why wanting suicide is perfectly logical.

• Love
Reactions: rei71, Goodgirlryeo101 and sukasuka
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Yes, this flesh prison body begins dying from the moment we are born.
Getting old is like watching yourself slowly dying.
Who wants to end up pissing and shitting their pants, and hardly able to walk or see, or even remember who they are, or who their loved ones are.
No thanks, you can shove that up your ass.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze, pthnrdnojvsc, redeyepiranha and 3 others
sukasuka

sukasuka

Jun 10, 2023
Yes, this flesh prison body begins dying from the moment we are born.
Getting old is like watching yourself slowly dying.
Who wants to end up pissing and shitting their pants, and hardly able to walk or see, or even remember who they are there loved ones are.
No thanks, you can shove that up your ass.
You worded my exact opinion so well. It's much more logical to take things into your own hands instead of succumbing to the miserable human aging experience.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, The anhedonic one and ncmxm
Stylite

Stylite

Pillar-Dweller
Feb 21, 2023
I don't know why, but I disagree. I think aging is great. Eternal youth would be good, but so is aging in its own way. That is one thing, this is another. Age is venerability and vulnerability in one. Age makes humility of pride. There's no sense in life so why try to make sense of aging- or some kind of "perfect" age to die?

S

saderaser

Jun 10, 2023
I completely agree with you. Growing old is scary and I wonder how most of the people are okay with that. Some lucky ones will die in peace but most of the people are going to be very sick (or at lease be in pain because our body deteriorates) before they leave this world. That's just...horrible to think about. Life is hard enough and this is what's going to happen at the end? WTH? I'd rather die young and pretty.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I saw a post about this, And it's actually a big reason why I will definitely ctb. Growing old is the worst part of humanity. It's the pinnacle of the weakness of our mortality. We came from nothing and will be nothing, yet we have to deal with our body deteriorating in front of our own eyes. Our youth quite literally disappears and all we're left with is a weak, wrinkly, old, dying body just waiting for our hearts to stop. I never want to go through that.
I agree, especially with the declining state of the world. Every minute we spend alive, we only subject ourselves to suffering

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Deathisbetter
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I wouldn't mind getting old if I could live and have good memories first that... Doesn't seem possible.

FrostedHoax

FrostedHoax

Student
Dec 1, 2022
I agree with you, I don't want to keep living until i'm wrinkly and decaying mentally and physically. Even if I were happy with my life, I probably wouldn't want to live past 50 or so unless some miracle treatment came out that could stop or even reverse aging by that time.