TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I reflect upon the times when I used to want friends so bad because of my loneliness and I kind of feel like laughing at how naive I was but it's understandable, desperation makes you do strange things.

After the last two experiences of having ''friends'' I am done with this. Most people just want to use you or belittle you in some way. They don't give a fuck and will never take your side or defend you in fear of not having their social status destroyed, they care more about reputation than the next person to them to which they talk daily. I would have fucking jumped to their aid and defend them no matter what if the roles were reversed, but I'm the dumb one for being kind. They are two faced, they act all nice with you, but when they aren't with you they start to do shit against you.

They use you as a punching bag, constantly wanting to argue with you and name calling you in horrible ways while, in my case, they fully know that I am a very sensitive person. Sorry, all my life I lived with the two people that brought me into this world that solely used me for this, I'm not gonna deal with the exact same shit from you so go fuck yourself.

They use you for their gain emotional or material. See, when I was a teenager I used to have a lots of ''friends''. Most of them would talk to me only when they needed something. Back then I was a really helpful person and loved listening to people and also help them. So they would come to me for this, I'd give the advice then they would disappear until the next time they needed me. If I ever needed someone, lol, nothing.

I am not going to fall for this again. People are rotten to the core everywhere. They take advantage of your weaknessess and vulnerability to destroy you and then? another scar on your heart that will never heal just because you were dumb again to trust people enough to befriend them.

There's a verse in a rap song from my country which goes like this:

Friends are genetically built to break you, to corrupt you, but they also educate you.

While they made me suffer even more, I also learnt a lot from them. Without these ''friends'' I wouldn't have known the duality of the man, how awful people can be and how appearances always deceive (though this one was more present in the romantic relationships I had).

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: lonelynight, m13here, Julgran and 14 others
R

rationalis

Student
Nov 25, 2021
Humans are bad at confrontation and difficult conversations. It is easier to gossip about someone or ignore gossip than to actively defend someone.

I think being comfortable with yourself is an important life skill.

Reactions: Julgran, demuic, miserableforever and 2 others
_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
I relate to what you are saying, as I am a very sensitive person too. I have found that not having friends is less painful, as there is no risk of rejection or being hurt.

• Hugs
Reactions: m13here, 710, GentleJerk and 2 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I understand you a lot, it is very difficult to find a really true friend, and in my case I try very hard to find intimate friends, sometimes I would like to be like that type of person who manages to live without any friend, I don't think I can do that. but even though I have had many bad experiences with friends, I am emotionally dependent on friends

• Hugs
Reactions: lonelynight, m13here, GentleJerk and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
The title is very relatable. I wish it was possible to have an option to completely stop any future relationships from forming.

Also: if a person does to you what you have talked about - i.e.: using you for their personal gain - then they are not your friend to begin with.

Reactions: m13here, TheHatedOne, Julgran and 1 other person
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I would have fucking jumped to their aid and defend them no matter what if the roles were reversed

Back then I was a really helpful person and loved listening to people and also help them. So they would come to me for this
This shows me that you have the ability to care and be a good friend, while it sucks that you have been taken for granted- it proves that there are some people in the world who do care and aren't completely selfish, because you're one of them.

True friends are rarer than diamonds. And ive found that no matter how good a friend is, there's always a limit and many imperfections. Unfortunately these limits and imperfections often show when things are at their worst. I can relate to what you said and It's so difficult.

I wish I could develop the ability to accept both whatever meager friendship there is in life and also having absolutely nothing and no one. Best of both worlds!

Reactions: Julgran and TheHatedOne
greyautumnsky

greyautumnsky

I am wound like the guts of a clock,
Dec 9, 2021
I keep people at an arm's length now. I'm too tired to deal with the hollowness, emptiness, shallowness, and bitterness of others.

Kindness is mistaken for weakness in this world. And I know I cannot stop being kind. So I have to learn how to be alone. I don't know if I can do it. But... I plan to ctb anyways. So. That comforts me knowing being alone means fewer people to worry about interfering with the plan.

Reactions: lonelynight, m13here, TheHatedOne and 1 other person
M

m13here

Oct 16, 2021
I have definitely opened my eyes to the idea of giving up on having friends especially since the pandemic. Really made me realize how so many only care about themselves than anyone else.
I'm a super sensitive person and people with no filter and no heart are everywhere around me. Not even just friends, but I have family that's the same way.
I think completely isolating myself from everyone would honestly be better. I should be used to the feeling alone feeling by now.

Reactions: lonelynight and TheHatedOne
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see it as better to stay away from people, as they are capable of such cruelty. I believe that people are selfish, everything they do is to benefit themselves in some way. Many people only care if it directly affects themselves.

Reactions: TheHatedOne