Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
In a technological society where you're being blasted at every possible angle and corner with News, ads, self titled miracle cures, hate and despair it's way too much to see in everyday life for someone like me. They're times I wish I was born during the days when technology was basically non existent or just barely scratching the surface, when hearing of an event in some faraway land was a rarity because there were no communications all over the world. The term "Ignorance is bliss" is what I would love to have, because seeing and hearing about the terrible things that happen around the globe isn't something that makes me want to stick around at all. (And yes the irony of posting this on a Website is not lost on me)

• Hugs
Reactions: ReallyTired, ashfall, LADY007 and 6 others
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
Industrial Society and it's Future!

• Yay!
Reactions: Mashedout, JustAMatterOfTime and whatevs
Bone

Bone

Sad Sack
Jul 29, 2021
Yea same here. I dunno how people aren't screaming from their windows and rooftops about how insane everything has become. Ads everywhere as you said, ads have become wayyyyy more fast-paced and loud and attention-seeking, targeted ads, even ads at the gas station while pumping gas ffs. I hate to be a "lewronggeneration" type but I really do wish I'd been around a bit earlier. So much misinformation now, everyone is attention seeking and speaks authoritatively even if they have nothing to say or no ground to stand on, social media makes everything (even more of) a plastic farce. Sure, I've tuned out of social media stuff mostly, but that doesn't stop it from influencing the majority, making headlines, affecting people worldwide from young to old. There are many things great about the time today, that we have over the past, but what the internet has become and the direction it's heading scares the shit out of me. Combined with overpopulation, world nearing 8 billion, and less workers needed than ever, and yea, I do think many times I'd rather just have worked a factory job or farm type thing back in the day, quite often. Even when I was growing up in the 90s, we were satisfied with so little, compared to now. Things are just so over the top, child care and elder care more expensive than ever, same with cars, housing, gas prices high.

Reactions: Siegfrida, LADY007, myopybyproxy and 3 others
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Same. I can't hustle or do whatever shit is expected of me. I'm heading out soon

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: whatevs, ncmxm and Green Destiny
Bone

Bone

Sad Sack
Jul 29, 2021
Same. I can't hustle or do whatever shit is expected of me. I'm heading out soon

Was just adding onto my comment about that. Before there was a much more gentle pace a lot of people were at. You can see it reflected in the news or movies or ads or anything from decades past. Now everything is constantly a hustle, one-upping others, get something newer and better, spend more money, work harder, etc. etc. Get me outta here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LADY007, myopybyproxy, ncmxm and 4 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Fast lifestyle brought to you by the criminal United States regime and it's financial system

Reactions: Green Destiny, myopybyproxy and justsayin
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your feelings are understandable. I find it to be very upsetting hearing about all the suffering in this world, it disgusts me that so much pain exists. This life is very depressing. I think in my case though, I wish I was never born at all, I think I would still be suicidal no matter what time I lived in. I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: Green Destiny and LADY007
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Was just adding onto my comment about that. Before there was a much more gentle pace a lot of people were at. You can see it reflected in the news or movies or ads or anything from decades past. Now everything is constantly a hustle, one-upping others, get something newer and better, spend more money, work harder, etc. etc. Get me outta here.
this.

i have nostalgia for an era i wasn't around to experience. not that things were perfect back then either - poor sanitation and much higher ability of corrupt leaders to blind citizens to alternate possibilities - they had different problems than we have now. if only there was a way to combine the best of both worlds...

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I don't know how old you are (and it is rude for me to ask). I am an older relic and I can tell you "back in the day" it was great. People actually sent letters, cards, etc. You had conversations with your neighbors. The kids played outside until they were exhausted and slept through the night (without a phone or computer in bed with them). I am so grateful I grew up in that kind of society. I feel so sorry for the young people now - all that shit is shoved down their throats. It cracks me up when I see a kid that is six years old with a phone (a working phone) attached to their hip. Those were the days.

• Love
Reactions: Green Destiny, Dead Meat, jimmy7754 and 2 others