KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I look on social media, and also from my relatives who live in Australia,
I do not see them unhappy.
All I see is their bubbly personalities and freedom to do whatever they want.

I ask myself if I'm obsessed or have self hatred regarding my race,
but I've always made such a hatred fine line between asians and Asian-Australians/British/Americans.
I'm gonna acknowledge my self-hatred comes from citizenship,
not because I'm Chinese but because I'm Chinese-Chinese.

my suicide oneday will prove to my parents that they made the wrong choices in life (for not emigrating overseas when they had the chances) that costed my life.

My life stinks as a Chinese citizen.
Skilled immigration don't fix it no more,
It's too late in recent years, the policies are that strict.

I'm glad that I ever got to know the west.
Just sorry for myself I couldn't quite reach or be part of it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MountainMonkey, Helpneedtips, Ethereal Knight and 24 others
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
I'm an Asian born and raise in a Western country and I'm on this site. Mental illness doesn't give a shit who you are or where you are from. Maybe the source of your misery comes from your hatred towards your ethnicity. Did you face a lot of racism where you live?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: bing, lofticries, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 14 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
China is not hostile against its own people of the same color
until you start to express yourself in a way thats different from what the majority believes/conformed to.

I know Asian British/Australian/Americans are also depressed on here, but at least people belong somewhere, with work rights, and a passport that states you belong there. I would give my life for it.

it sucks to have seen and know so much but trapped on something I don't identify with.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ethereal Knight, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Lostandlooking and 11 others
shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
Hey, you're not alone <3 The stigma is unbelievable in Asian countries, but I promise there are people who understand your struggle, even if they are unable to speak out.
Unfortunately, mental illness, doesn't discriminate, and for my part at least I've seen so many Asian people living in North America struggling with this. I don't know if that helps or makes things worse (I'm sorry if it does), but in any case, I'm sending you hugs :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: MountainMonkey, AutoTap, alice-in-wonderland and 4 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Btw, my mental illness derive from stress and circumstantial random shit thrown at me.
Resolve the circumstantial issues still affecting me and I'll feel better.

My dad likes to say "are you not going to be depressed if you emigrate to Australia?"

fuck him. I'll kill myself. I hope he's happy for his idiot decision to stay in a shit country.

oh look at me I'm a patriotic:halo:Chinese person,
:angry: I wanna cut him out of my life if I didn't need him for basic financial support aka rent and food. And no I'm not grateful that I'm alive, last time I checked I'm still a fucking Chinese citizen even though I destroyed my passport. I wish leaving a shit country was straightforward.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: MountainMonkey, JustHeckinKillMe, Lostandlooking and 7 others
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Btw, my mental illness derive from stress and circumstantial random shit thrown at me.
Resolve the circumstantial issues still affecting me and I'll feel better.

My dad likes to say "are you not going to be depressed if you emigrate to Australia?"

fuck him. I'll kill myself. I hope he's happy for his idiot decision to stay in a shit country.

oh look at me I'm a patriotic:halo:Chinese person,
:angry: I wanna cut him out of my life if I didn't need him for basic financial support aka rent and food. And no I'm not grateful that I'm alive, last time I checked I'm still a fucking Chinese citizen even though I destroyed my passport. I wish leaving a shit country was straightforward.

bruh have you thought bout marrying someone from where you live? A lot of people do that so they can stay in the country

Reactions: FatalSystemError591 and KleinerWolf
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Can you go to the NZ government and tell them you want to defect? Tell them you hate communism and want to live free in the West.

Reactions: AutoTap, FatalSystemError591, alice-in-wonderland and 2 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Can you go to the NZ government and tell them you want to defect? Tell them you hate communism and want to live free in the West.
Based on my understanding a person is required to provide proof of being prosecuted/ violation of human rights to qualify for protection or refugee.

I would just be another person trying to leave because their country of origin is shit..
They'll probably just send me to the back of the line. lol
bruh have you thought bout marrying someone from where you live? A lot of people do that so they can stay in the country
Imo without stability, relationships don't work.
Don't you have to be in the long run to catch a fish, that is right for you?
People just drift apart otherwise.

talking to someone about wanting to stay is a turn-off,
I would not dare to mention it unless it's been more than a few years or if things are going well..

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: JustHeckinKillMe, Lostandlooking and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
There were two Chinese women when I was working for my competitive exam.
They weren't unhappy, but I saw one of them cry several times though

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: alice-in-wonderland and KleinerWolf
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Dude? Social media? That's nothing more then a popularity contest you win by looking like a self righteous idiot. I wouldn't believe that. There's also the possibility you're only seeing one side of them. Sometimes I have the perfect life but sometimes I see what looks more like a tidal wave about to drag me under.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: filthyrottendirty, Lostandlooking, AutoTap and 9 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Social media has been one of the worst developments for human mental health in history. I know it's almost impossible but you shouldn't compare yourself to others on there.

As for you're immigration status, that just blows ugh. I wish it was easier for you to avoid having to live in a place you don't want to for very good reasons. That stuff actually infuriates me tbh. Even tho I won the birth lottery and was born in Canada ugh. Stay strong friend :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: filthyrottendirty, Seine12, ithappens and 8 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
There were two Chinese women when I was working for my competitive exam.
They weren't unhappy, but I saw one of them cry several times though
was it competition for university entrance?
were they not british?

Reactions: Amumu
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020

but I've always made such a hatred fine line between asians and Asian-Australians/British/Americans.

my suicide oneday will prove to my parents that they made the wrong choices in life (for not emigrating overseas when they had the chances) that costed my life.

Don't be so hard on yourself Kleiner. Your a beautiful soul, the place doesn't matter, is what we do with it that counts. Sending you a hug, everyday I wish you stay in NZ like you want to badly.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Miss_Takes and KleinerWolf
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
As a fellow Asian westerner (American, born and raised, and not even bilingual), I can agree with what you've said. I don't know what it is.

I've seen some supposedly happy Asian Americans, mostly people from the church my mom is a part of and has made me go to on many occasions. Who knows though maybe their happiness is fake too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AutoTap and KleinerWolf
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I know a few Asians that live in my country, even though they are happy here, they always dream of going back home, Chinese included.

• Wow
Reactions: shadowchaser and KleinerWolf
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Reading it more closely I just realized you actually meant that all of them seem happy instead of what I originally thought you said which was that they're all unhappy.

Like someone else said, me being here is proof that's not wholly true. In fact, I actually think most other Asian Americans I've talked to are pretty unhappy on the inside usually due to pressure from their parents. Unlike them though I've managed to escape most of that pressure though it took years to do it. Now I'm just unhappy because of reasons mostly unrelated to my race though I sometimes wonder if things would be different if I weren't Asian because I don't have any of the good qualities that women are looking for from Asian men. I'm not that smart, I know nothing about computers or technology, I don't even like Asian media much like KPop, anime, or whatever. I think most Asian cuisine (except for Japanese seafood) is super overrated because it's all ripped off from Chinese cuisine which basically can be summarized as rice or noodles with some type of meat/vegetables and spices. I get so bored of Chinese food because I've had it so much. Then again I do enjoy Taiwanese food when I'm actually in Taiwan but personally I think that's just because something's different about the water that makes it all taste better. I never wanted to learn Mandarin Chinese because it's way too difficult and often it just sounds like my parents arguing most of the time whenever I hear it and I never wanted to know what they were arguing about so I don't bother to learn. This in turn causes people to look down on me further which gets me feeling ashamed for being something I don't even like being.

Anyway all that leads to me wishing I was just a white American sometimes because then I wouldn't have to feel torn with my identities so much. I'm self-hating for a lot of reasons but maybe 20% is due to me being Asian.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MountainMonkey, filthyrottendirty, KleinerWolf and 2 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Social media =/= reality

there are many unhappy Asian westerners for just as many reasons as there are westerners of other ethnicities.

• Love
Reactions: filthyrottendirty, AutoTap, KleinerWolf and 2 others
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Reading it more closely I just realized you actually meant that all of them seem happy instead of what I originally thought you said which was that they're all unhappy.

Like someone else said, me being here is proof that's not wholly true. In fact, I actually think most other Asian Americans I've talked to are pretty unhappy on the inside usually due to pressure from their parents. Unlike them though I've managed to escape most of that pressure though it took years to do it. Now I'm just unhappy because of reasons mostly unrelated to my race though I sometimes wonder if things would be different if I weren't Asian because I don't have any of the good qualities that women are looking for from Asian men. I'm not that smart, I know nothing about computers or technology, I don't even like Asian media much like KPop, anime, or whatever. I think most Asian cuisine (except for Japanese seafood) is super overrated because it's all ripped off from Chinese cuisine which basically can be summarized as rice or noodles with some type of meat/vegetables and spices. I get so bored of Chinese food because I've had it so much. Then again I do enjoy Taiwanese food when I'm actually in Taiwan but personally I think that's just because something's different about the water that makes it all taste better. I never wanted to learn Mandarin Chinese because it's way too difficult and often it just sounds like my parents arguing most of the time whenever I hear it and I never wanted to know what they were arguing about so I don't bother to learn. This in turn causes people to look down on me further which gets me feeling ashamed for being something I don't even like being.

Anyway all that leads to me wishing I was just a white American sometimes because then I wouldn't have to feel torn with my identities so much. I'm self-hating for a lot of reasons but maybe 20% is due to me being Asian.

When I was younger being a "bamboo" made me feel out of place. I didn't fit into the non-asian crowd nor did I find myself blending in with immigrants so I did experience an identity crisis growing up which might have played a small part in my MH. Now I DGAF lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
When I was younger being a "bamboo" made me feel out of place. I didn't fit into the non-asian crowd nor did I find myself blending in with immigrants so I did experience an identity crisis growing up which might have played a small part in my MH. Now I DGAF lol.
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by the term bamboo? I can't say I've heard that as an expression about Asian people before. I've been called a banana (yellow outside and white on the inside) which I wouldn't argue. :ahhha:

• Wow
Reactions: MountainMonkey, Deleted member 22624 and KleinerWolf
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Nobody posts pictures of themselves crying or unhappy on social media, only positive ones. As others have already pointed out one shouldn't pay too much attention to it as other people's realities are heavily filtered there.
I can't really say whether certain races are more or less happy, but I think depression hits everyone equally. Some Asian countries highly value discipline, so maybe Asian westerners seem more happy because they were raised to "stay strong"? I mean I have no clue, just a guess. I might just be dumb here.

@KleinerWolf Just curious, you say you are Chinese-Chinese but your username and status are German?

Reactions: faex42, filthyrottendirty, Miss_Takes and 2 others
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I know several who are unhappy, one of whom I dated. I perceive, based on my limited samples, in general, some Asian's might be better at masking compared to some others.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Miss_Takes, KleinerWolf, alice-in-wonderland and 1 other person
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Nobody posts pictures of themselves crying or unhappy on social media, only positive ones. As others have already pointed out one shouldn't pay too much attention to it as other people's realities are heavily filtered there.
I can't really say whether certain races are more or less happy, but I think depression hits everyone equally. Some Asian countries highly value discipline, so maybe Asian westerners seem more happy because they were raised to "stay strong"? I mean I have no clue, just a guess. I might just be dumb here.

@KleinerWolf Just curious, you say you are Chinese-Chinese but your username and status are German?
Yeah I like Germany and Austria..

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
You can buy a fabricated marriage to get foreign right of residence. There are whole businesses who offer this service.

It can be expensive depending on where you want to live, but it works.

Reactions: Euthanza and SuicidallyCurious
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
You can buy a fabricated marriage to get foreign right of residence. There are whole businesses who offer this service.

Your advice is good and I've considered offering it to this particular poster , but I think he's too young based on what I've seen him post. But if he has the assets to qualify he could

in the US I've heard the going rate for this is about 20,000 USD.

Reactions: Euthanza
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

They'd be lucky if they don't get scammed for empty promises.
Your advice is good and I've considered offering it to this particular poster , but I think he's too young based on what I've seen him post. But if he has the assets to qualify he could

in the US I've heard the going rate for this is about 20,000 USD.
Fabricated immigrations don't work.
$20k for empty promise I call that a bargain.
I've heard people go through $100k dodgy immigration pathways and in the end they just get scammed and nothing gets done.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Euthanza
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018

Are you saying that you live in China?

Reactions: KleinerWolf
Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
was it competition for university entrance?
were they not british?
I am British and it sucks. I don't like it here and I wanted to leave to live somewhere else in Europe but now I am trapped in here because of Brexit. My mental illness is my own though, it is part of me and even if I had a perfect life (Which I definitely don't) I would just be a mentally ill person with a perfect life. While it might make it more tolerable to live with mental illness in a perfect world I'm not sure it would cure it.
If I win 20 billion dollars in the lottery today I will be a mentally ill billionaire and I will probably get anxiety about what to do with the money and stress myself out until I am sick and crying.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Are you saying that you live in China?
I'm a person of Chinese citizenship which I'm keen to renounce anytime if having the opportunity.

I'm in New Zealand on temporary visa.
Been trying to emigrate away since I was 17, I'm 26 now.
I can't pretend I'm not frustrated.
I am British and it sucks. I don't like it here and I wanted to leave to live somewhere else in Europe but now I am trapped in here because of Brexit. My mental illness is my own though, it is part of me and even if I had a perfect life (Which I definitely don't) I would just be a mentally ill person with a perfect life. While it might make it more tolerable to live with mental illness in a perfect world I'm not sure it would cure it.
If I win 20 billion dollars in the lottery today I will be a mentally ill billionaire and I will probably get anxiety about what to do with the money and stress myself out until I am sick and crying.
I suppose brexit was not a favorable policy for people who want to get out. No good indeed.

And yeah, physical and mental health is an important aspect of life.
having poor health limits people's ability to enjoy things.
I feel especially bad for people who suffer from pain conditions.

Last edited: