TheSadGoose

TheSadGoose

maybe in another lifetime.
Mar 9, 2023
why are we forced to live a life we didn't choose? life we don't want? i'm not talking about the people that are happy with their life, they're healthy, "normal" and would never even think about CTB but why do WE have to live in a terrible world that causes us nothing but pain? some people have potential, some people want to live but what about the people that don't? i think it's unfair that we can't get access to things to help us commit. it would be so much easier AND safer. of course morally it would be wrong but isn't it also morally wrong to FORCE people to live? they say suicide is selfish but no, they are selfish. i am so mad at everyone that is trying to keep me here because i don't want it. my family tells me it'd be selfish to kms but it's SELFISH OF THEM to make me live with this pain and suffering. i hate it.
i get where they're coming from, nobody wants their loved ones to die but it's more selfish to let them suffer than relieving them from the pain we call life.

• Love
Reactions: settheory, rejected, kitsuneribzz and 13 others
Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
Once upon a time, I wanted life. I wanted to live. But what is life when it's made up of lies....

Reactions: Homo erectus, TheSadGoose and ksp
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
because society believes life is what we make it, and if we don't make it a happy one, then it's our own fault and we have no right to opt out at our own hands due to this fact. Society has forced idealistic views on every generation below them, shaming anyone who feels differently,
They say life is a gift, yet a gift is something we can return, so no life is not a gift, it is forced upon us, as someone truely believed they wanted us to have this, as they wanted it.... We are here for others not for ourselves, so by rights we should be able to opt out, but grrr nope!

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Homo erectus, outisforward and 4 others
PrettyKitty

PrettyKitty

Angel
Mar 27, 2023
Suicide isn't selfish at all, were just ending the pain the world started. I'm sorry you have to feel this way I wish your life was worth living same as myself. This world is hell I know it is I hope things get better for you though If they don't I wish you a peaceful way out <3. Much love

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus and TheSadGoose
broken_wings

broken_wings

Mar 27, 2023
normal people talk often about being able to comprehend what we're going through or the pain that we endure, but often i think they know nothing about it at all. if they had even a basic idea of the suffering that drives someone to ctb, then maybe they would understand as well... but good luck convincing them of that. it's tragedy to be misunderstood on top of just existing in misery like this.

Reactions: Homo erectus, dra1ncoreslwt and TheSadGoose
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
The only two reasons I think are even worth considering are the possibility of happiness and the effect it has on others, personally I think these are terrible arguments though. We aren't slaves and we deserve a peaceful death away from the hateful beliefs of others, something we wouldn't get even if we didn't ctb. Unfortunately it seems the only thing most people can agree on is that preserving life is important, when in reality life is of course the cause of every problem. For myself, life is a kind of aching pain fueled by so many different kinds of sufferings and it's completely unbearable to be trapped here, unable to trust anyone. Maybe, in the future these horrific preservation practices will end but it will be long after my death. I hope you find freedom.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Homo erectus, hyzenthlay96 and 1 other person
TheSadGoose

TheSadGoose

Mar 9, 2023
normal people talk often about being able to comprehend what we're going through or the pain that we endure, but often i think they know nothing about it at all. if they had even a basic idea of the suffering that drives someone to ctb, then maybe they would understand as well... but good luck convincing them of that. it's tragedy to be misunderstood on top of just existing in misery like this.
exactly. they have no idea. if they had the same problems or thoughts and lives like us, they would understand us more but they don't, that's why they're against suicide. i hate being misunderstood
Suicide isn't selfish at all, were just ending the pain the world started. I'm sorry you have to feel this way I wish your life was worth living same as myself. This world is hell I know it is I hope things get better for you though If they don't I wish you a peaceful way out <3. Much love
yep exactly, it's not selfish, it's selfish of them for wanting us to keep suffering. but i'm really sorry you also feel this way, i wish you a peaceful way out as well, if things don't get better <3 much much love and take care!
because society believes life is what we make it, and if we don't make it a happy one, then it's our own fault and we have no right to opt out at our own hands due to this fact. Society has forced idealistic views on every generation below them, shaming anyone who feels differently,
They say life is a gift, yet a gift is something we can return, so no life is not a gift, it is forced upon us, as someone truely believed they wanted us to have this, as they wanted it.... We are here for others not for ourselves, so by rights we should be able to opt out, but grrr nope!
that was beautiful and very well said. i agree with everything you said, it's such a shame we live in such a world where we're forced to live because of others..

Reactions: Homo erectus
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The reality is that no matter what suicide could never be something that is wrong or be something bad, all the pro life people are completely irrational. We are all destined to die anyway so I would see it as being preferable to always exit at a time of my own choosing and take control over when I die but it's so disgusting how we are denied the options of reliable and peaceful methods.

I see suicide as being self care as there are no disadvantages to being dead, nobody can be harmed by nonexistence, and suicide solves what the true problem is which is life itself. It's insane to be against suicide when in fact it's a logical response to wanting to avoid all the harm and risks that come with existing. I could never be delusional enough to want to stay in this world filled with endless amounts of suffering just to decay from age.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, rejected, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
dra1ncoreslwt

dra1ncoreslwt

tove 𓆩♡𓆪
Mar 22, 2023
why are we forced to live a life we didn't choose? life we don't want? i'm not talking about the people that are happy with their life, they're healthy, "normal" and would never even think about CTB but why do WE have to live in a terrible world that causes us nothing but pain? some people have potential, some people want to live but what about the people that don't? i think it's unfair that we can't get access to things to help us commit. it would be so much easier AND safer. of course morally it would be wrong but isn't it also morally wrong to FORCE people to live? they say suicide is selfish but no, they are selfish. i am so mad at everyone that is trying to keep me here because i don't want it. my family tells me it'd be selfish to kms but it's SELFISH OF THEM to make me live with this pain and suffering. i hate it.
i get where they're coming from, nobody wants their loved ones to die but it's more selfish to let them suffer than relieving them from the pain we call life.
I mentioned something similar in this thread, it often comes to me how pro lifers and "normal" people insist on understanding us, they don't.

Reactions: TheSadGoose
Elidibus

Elidibus

Riding home
Mar 27, 2023
I don't think it's selfish. People can say what they want, but in the end they don't have to live my life, only I do.

Reactions: Homo erectus and TheSadGoose
dra1ncoreslwt

dra1ncoreslwt

tove 𓆩♡𓆪
Mar 22, 2023
I mentioned something similar in this thread, it often comes to me how pro lifers and "normal" people insist on understanding us, they don't.
also if there's a movie you can watch that just hits, which can be interpreted with your own way, situation and pain, is Me Before You, 2016. I think this best represents a loved one and someone in just too much pain…

TheSadGoose

TheSadGoose

Mar 9, 2023
also if there's a movie you can watch that just hits, which can be interpreted with your own way, situation and pain, is Me Before You, 2016. I think this best represents a loved one and someone in just too much pain…
ohhh that sounds interesting, i will definitely give it a watch! thank you for the recommendation :)

• Love
Reactions: dra1ncoreslwt
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
I'd say the people who want to keep suffering people from dying because they'll miss them are far more selfish and evil than the people who want a premature death. Sadly it's all because of religious leaders centuries ago that put a taboo on suicide to try and persuade people in their own religion against committing suicide because if they let them, it would make their religion look bad if loads of their own people would rather take their own lives than to continue worshiping their idols.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Life, from the very beginning, is a competition. Over time people become winners or losers. The winners are in control, getting what they want and be happy. The winners won't just let the losers walk away after losing. There is punishment for losing. It is the suffering of life without hope. Whether one accepts it or tries to quit, either way it will be painful and messy. Schadenfreude is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

D

Danielwc

Mar 21, 2023
I'm not keen on being here myself. I have nothing and nobody to upset. I could ctb anytime but I do worry about consequences. Say life is not all there is, perhaps we agreed to come here on some deep level. We make the irreversible decision to ctb and awake from this illusion of reality to find that we had just a certain amount of years here to just survive and the mission was complete. Perhaps we get reincarnated, imagine being reborn in some shithole in Africa or the slums of South America. The afterlife could be worse than this, remember you will be joining the beings that set this world up. These assholes watch the carnage and suffering and do fuck all, maybe even think things are going well. Sometimes it better the Devil you know.

Reactions: Homo erectus
outisforward

outisforward

dingus supreme
Mar 12, 2023
I remember as a teenager asking friends to "talk me down" when my ideations started turning more into plans. I always got hit with the "I'll miss you!" And the "think about all the cool art/games/stuff that you'll miss out on if you don't stay", and of course my favorite "life gets better, we're still just kids".

Once I was talking with a friend I grew up with who struggled with a lot of what I do, and she said to me "If it's really what you want then no one can stop you. You didn't ask to live. You shouldn't be forced to."

Sometimes parts of me want to keep trying, and sometimes I think back to her. She was absolutely right, and so are you. It's just hard to prove to anyone aside from those of us dealing with these feelings that it's an actually rather rational thought. If we didn't ask for it, why should we be forced to continue? How are we meant to make a happy life out of a life we never wanted to begin with?

Reactions: TheSadGoose and Homo erectus
poa.alpina

poa.alpina

i'm a grass!
Mar 11, 2023
I've been told i was made for two reasons:
1. My parents wouldn't "achieve" anything else
2. To secure their future
So yeah, i totally agree that some people are just forced to live. And i can't wait to leave. I hate every single day, as soon as i wake up i wish i could go to sleep again. And it makes me sick that some people would consider my "life" a "gift". I am nothing but an insurance plan, and they refuse to acknowledge i cannot stand up even to that expectation.

It really bothers me. We are told we are beimg shown mercy and love and kindness, yet it's all just so fake.

D

Danielwc

Mar 21, 2023
We don't really control much in life. We don't choose our feelings, we don't choose our thoughts. We are not in charge of who we are. Basically we are spectators and perhaps managers. The planet earth is not not a nice comfy place for anyone. We can all go at anytime but there is the thought of consequences. I'd kill myself in a second if I thought this is all there was. I may hold off if I had to spend time with the assholes that planned this world. I might get reincarnated as some starving African or an eastern European sex slave.

kitsuneribzz

kitsuneribzz

Feb 19, 2023
i hate it when they call suicide selfish. whats really selfish is them trying to keep us in suffering at all cost just to avoid death? but what does it matter if im "alive" if being alive is the worst thing to be for me. :/

Reactions: poa.alpina and TheSadGoose
TheSadGoose

TheSadGoose

Mar 9, 2023
i hate it when they call suicide selfish. whats really selfish is them trying to keep us in suffering at all cost just to avoid death? but what does it matter if im "alive" if being alive is the worst thing to be for me. :/
exactly my point! it's selfish of them because they want us to stay alive because "oHhH it will hurt them oH so much", but what about us? we're in constant pain

• Love
Reactions: kitsuneribzz, poa.alpina, itsallpointless and 1 other person
D

Danielwc

Mar 21, 2023
i hate it when they call suicide selfish. whats really selfish is them trying to keep us in suffering at all cost just to avoid death? but what does it matter if im "alive" if being alive is the worst thing to be for me Does it really matter how your judged when your gone. Suicides signal a problem in society and if they don't listen, well it's their kids next.

Reactions: kitsuneribzz