FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because I don't think it is, suicide isn't the terrible tragedy that other people like to label it as being as, instead suicide should be viewed as the positive thing it truly is as it means relief from pain and suffering, death solves everything and prevents unnecessary years spent trapped here where one can suffer to potentially unlimited amounts until they die anyway.

To die means true freedom from the burden that is existence, how can it be tragic that someone decided not to suffer anymore on their own terms, they are now at peace and cannot be harmed by anything, to me death is the only relief and comfort in such a hellish reality. I think that existence itself is the true tragic thing as it's the ultimate source of all suffering and torment.

Existence was a horrific mistake in the first place, an unnecessary harm so it really comes across as absurd to me how avoiding suffering is called a tragedy. I think that those who are no longer burdened with existence are the true fortunate ones and I envy them for being completely unaware of everything, I see non-existence as being true peace, existence itself is the true problem.

Reactions: AncientSorrow, floralheaddress, ApparentlyNot and 4 others
E

Elliana Berriana

Jun 10, 2023
Suicide is viewed as tragic partly because it is tragic for other people. The people who care about a person who takes their own life will be sad and miss them. That's understandable, losing people causes suffering for those who have lost someone, and so for them, it is tragic.
Another reason is that people see it as tragic that someone suffered so much that they could no longer bear living. It is certainly tragic that there is so much suffering and pain on this planet, it's horrendous. But then, that isn't suicide being tragic, rather misery and pain, but it's specifically linked to suicide, leading people to view the suicide itself as tragic.
Then of course there are the people who believe all life is precious and sacred, and that it should be preserved, no matter what. Or even those who believe this to a less extreme extent. People who believe this view it as tragic that someone is no longer alive, and especially that they died before they were "meant to".
I do wonder though, what value is there in a life that is full of pain and suffering and agony? What value is there in a life that doesn't want to be lived? I agree with you that existence has basically unlimited potential for suffering. Some people are lucky, and don't suffer as much, and find purpose and value in their lives. Others are not lucky, and instead suffer greatly, with no purpose, and no will to live. It is not tragic that someone would end their suffering, and while it is tragic that people have to feel that way, the ending of their life is more precious than the life itself. I think the true problem is the suffering that can and does exist in life.

Reactions: dogtired, Justnotme and hallowed_
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Absolutely. Suicide is viewed negatively by the majority of the world because they don't experience the same pains that we experience. They try to force their views onto us and even going as far as "saving us" when we finally decide its our time to leave this horrible world. I wish people saw suicide as positively as we do and stop interfering with our suicide attempts and thus preventing us from doing what we have been dreaming of for years. They even have the audacity to claim themselves to be "a hero" while they dont see how we actually feel. Its disgusting.

Reactions: hallowed_, pthnrdnojvsc and StolenLife
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
People think all deaths are the same. They think they (the society) own everyone's life. Therefore, every death is a tragic loss to them.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Every Pro Lifer is an idiot, even before I wanted to ctb I wasn't against suicide

Reactions: conarc
BruceWayne

BruceWayne

Jun 29, 2023
it would be a lie to say suicide isn't tragic. one day a person is walking and full of life the next day you hear they are dead. its also tragic to see someone you've grown up with, ate at your table with your family and slept in your room and hear that they die. because life is essentially precious, no one can say anything bad about someone being alive or born because its a start and suicide/ death is an end. death has implications on multiple people in your life as does life.