S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Im probably feeling hyper emotional today but some posts make me almost angry. People trying to think of wierd ways to CTB. There are so many tested methods, some fail, some suceed. Its almost like its a game to some people. If your really serious youd choose a method already researched and do your own ontop of that. Those trying to think beyond are risking even more the chance of it not working and physical harm to organs or body afterwards plus further stigmatising suicide.

I dont know, i just dont get it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Angst Filled Fuck Up, muretax and 9 others
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I suspect such speculation is because the known, tested methods are either out of reach or undesireable or uncertain for individual reasons. We flail about seeking some new avenue out of our pain and, in gallows humor or desperation, fling out any idea that might bring either release or a sympathetic laugh.

Sorry these explorations are getting on your nerves, though. I've certainly had those days.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, gingerplum and 2 others
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
I suspect such speculation is because the known, tested methods are either out of reach or undesireable or uncertain for individual reasons. We flail about seeking some new avenue out of our pain and, in gallows humor or desperation, fling out any idea that might bring either release or a sympathetic laugh.

Sorry these explorations are getting on your nerves, though. I've certainly had those days.

Gonna try get some sleep maybe its time for me to come off the site. Just makes me wonder if they are actually serious or just attention seeking. There are so many methods, no cost, low cost, expensive varying from no equipment to really detailed plans why try reinvent the wheel with some methid that clearly wont work and its just plain stupid. Wish i had sone sleeping tablets

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I get what you're saying. Some people come up with the craziest methods but it's out of desperation if not trolling. All the best methods are known in my opinion.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jen Erik, muretax and 3 others
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I get what you're saying. Some people come up with the craziest methods but it's out of desperation if not trolling. All the best methods are known in my opinion.
Volatile

Lol

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Justanotherconsumer, NoOneKnows and 2 others
TheLastTrip

TheLastTrip

Experienced
Nov 2, 2018
Just makes me wonder if they are actually serious or just attention seeking. There are so many methods, no cost, low cost, expensive varying from no equipment to really detailed plans why try reinvent the wheel with some methid that clearly wont work and its just plain stupid.

I think of this as a spectrum of intent. Some people are just coming around to the idea of ctb and so may appear to be more casual and come up with strange and new ideas, or find every reason under the sun to not use the tried and tested methods. Others are actively planning with those tried and tested methods but aren't quite ready yet, others are so far down the spectrum they are just waiting for delivery of something etc to go, or already have a date in mind. Hell there are plenty of people out there who never find this forum and never dance back and forth with methods, they just want to die, grab some rope and go hang themselves.

This forum is a place for those with the intent to ctb to speak freely amongst people who understand, I don't think we should pass judgement on new methods when people just want the freedom to express themselves, this is a place to support not put people down. Methods with merit will stay on the front page, ones without will (hopefully) fade into obscurity.

I hope you manage to get some sleep.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, muretax and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I find it difficult not to laugh at some of the nonsense floating around here, but I think a lot depends on a person's own state of mind while on SS. It's not easy for everyone to stay in a solemn headspace over an extended period. As depressed as I am, I can't do it. I find life a joke, and have always used (crappy) humor as a coping mechanism. I'm sure others do too, so I always hesitate to shit on any goofiness I see on here. There are those moments where it's inappropriate, but I think the sum of our collective intentions is good.

Personally it's hard for me to pick a favorite between eating mercury-laden tuna, consuming 1600 candy corns, catching the flu, or dying of boredom, but at the end of the day I am inclined to go with something more established.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, Shewaitsforme and 4 others
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I find it difficult not to laugh at some of the nonsense floating around here, but I think a lot depends on a person's own state of mind while on SS. It's not easy for everyone to stay in a solemn headspace over an extended period. As depressed as I am, I can't do it. I find life a joke, and have always used (crappy) humor as a coping mechanism. I'm sure others do too, so I always hesitate to shit on any goofiness I see on here. There are those moments where it's inappropriate, but I think the sum of our collective intentions is good.

Personally it's hard for me to pick a favorite between eating mercury-laden tuna, consuming 1600 candy corns, catching the flu, or dying of boredom, but at the end of the day I am inclined to go with something more established.
I really thought I was the only human alive to use humour as you do...smile. Glad to meet you Angst.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and Angst Filled Fuck Up