Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
If this thread isn't appropriate, mods please delete it, I've just got things to vent.

It makes me so frustrated for some reason when I see people blaming this site for someone's suicide. I personally feel offended because some people post goodbye posts, and if I say 'goodbye', am I a part of the blame? For not telling them "don't kill yourself", "things will get better", "suicide isn't the solution" etc?
We are all here to gain support and get the information needed to kill ourselves. Then when I see people blaming others for handing over tips and tricks on how to commit suicide to a person who successfully killed themselves... they were only trying to help and answer any question that person had - isn't that the point of this site, or am I missing something?
The reactions to Zanexx's passing has made me contemplate things. Many people on here took her death as a tragedy and blamed it on people here instead of being happy for her that she successfully CTB'd and praying that she's successfully been guided to a happier, better place. Of course being sad and grieving is an acceptable response to a suicide, I myself got mixed feelings, but then to blame people on here for her death is ridiculous.
Also. There have been others who have announced they were leaving and can be assumed to have passed, but they didn't get the same recognition that she is getting. I don't want this to come off rude or inconsiderate... but what's so special about Zanexx that the others who have passed too doesn't have? Because there's proof of her death and not theirs?

Reactions: Escargot Shorts, lost illusions, betteroffdead and 10 others
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
they were only trying to help and answer any question that person had - isn't that the point of this site, or am I missing something

I find this very difficult, which is why I try to be very careful in what I say (if I reply at all). I don't think I can judge others, but I also believe there may be people for whom suicide is not the best option, even when they think it is. But my inability to judge this for any particular person makes it hard to reply to some personal threads. I think the best way is to talk about methods dispassionately and in the abstract. And let people make their own choice and find their own conviction to end their life, no matter how hard that might be. That is what pro-choice is for me, that people who have made their choice are allowed to do it in a painless manner, but that does not include any kind of social mental support to reach that point.

Also. There have been others who have announced they were leaving and can be assumed to have passed, but they didn't get the same recognition that she is getting. I don't want this to come off rude or inconsiderate... but what's so special about Zanexx that the others who have passed too doesn't have? Because there's proof of her death and not theirs?
Photos make someone more real.

Reactions: tearsinrain, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 3 others
wezel

wezel

Experienced
Aug 14, 2018
I share your points. Anybody's suicide is ultimately a tragedy. Zanexx's case was slightly unusual as her identity became known, there was a blog of hers to be read and now we have more details about her funeral and additional photos etc. That creates a more personal touch to it, as one starts to identify with a person more than if there is just anonymity.
I have already commented elsewhere on the fact that this site offers information and choice, but the misery that causes people to take their lives doesn't come from here, and this information provided here can be found easily elsewhere.
If people don't like this site they should leave instead of accusing others or questioning the site's policy.

Reactions: Dani Paradox, tearsinrain, Maravillosa and 6 others
U

user90872

Aug 22, 2018
People who blame this site for someone's suicide are extraordinarily dumb. People don't kill themselves because someone on the Internet gave them instructions how to do it. People kill themselves because they are in overwhelming anguish and they are fed up with their lives. Also, instead of mindlessly repeating the same inaccurate statements, people here provide you with a solution. A very effective one at that.

Reactions: Red star, lost illusions, betteroffdead and 6 others
Red star

Red star

Experienced
Sep 15, 2018
It's a relief that we can share this with others without being admitted or having to keep it to ourselves and go through it alone.

Reactions: lost illusions, Dani Paradox, wezel and 6 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Nobody is to blame. If an individual wants to go, who are we to try and stop them. People need validation...especially when they've had enough. Sites like this give voice to those who are silenced by a society that says we are not allowed to feel this way. Can't talk about most of this stuff to the ones we are closest too or a therapist unless we want the white coats sent after us.

Last edited:
Reactions: lost illusions, betteroffdead, lv-gras and 4 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I personally felt very affected by Zanexx's death because I talked to her all night shortly before her passing. About her life, and about how she was going to end it. Then she posted as she was dying and never signed on again. Then the article of how she was missing popped up online. Then her body was found. Then her blog popped up, which even included videos of her on youtube…. Then the obituary. I feel a strong connection to her. And I have now decided to follow in her footsteps with the same method, and I too will post when I am dying.

Reactions: lost illusions and lv-gras