• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

trappedinthislife

trappedinthislife

May 13, 2024
Just want to vent again I guess. Recently I saw someone on Reddit talking about how hard their life is because of their many medical problems, which requires lots of operations and their health kept worsening. The person is clearly in a lot of pain. And that is not the only story - I have seen so many stories of people suffering a severe disorder that they have to live the rest of their life with, and with the nature of aging, it only worsens with time.

When I see these people, I have a silent hope: that something happens and they get a painless death. An accident, a failed surgery that leaves them dead, whatever. I always want to ask these people "if you can painlessly die now, would ya?" Not all of them would say yes but I can't imagine all of them saying no either. It's a weird thing to say but I believe some lives are better ditched. It's like what we do with pets when they're in too much pain. Like how it's possible for fruits to be "spoiled", it's possible for the human body to spoil as well. And when someone is living in a clearly rotten body, all they feel is pain. They won't be able to experience beauty, they won't live happily.

In Canada assisted death is legal and I have heard so many people laugh at that idea and I'm like... why? Why hold on to life so dearly? maybe this is because I don't understand how some views the world but I fail to see how it makes sense to keep a clearly painful person around.

To love is to let go. Even when it hurts. Am I wrong?

Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
It's not about saving lives because we all die anyway so you can't save a life . It's about controlling others

• Aww..
Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, 4everHeartBroken and 4 others
ASp4E

ASp4E

May 23, 2024
To love is to let go. Even when it hurts.
I like that description.
Indeed I feel like loving someone means you often put their desires above your own. In cases like this, escaping unbearable suffering (for example) is probably far more beneficial to them, than avoiding loneliness or grief would be to you. So you'd pick the former and not go against their wishes, even if it hurts.

Some people choose to see it from their perspective, and are happy for them when they're gone, knowing that they're now "in a better place" so to say. I'm glad those kinds of people exist.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, trappedinthislife and pthnrdnojvsc
JKFleck

JKFleck

Betrayed by my only friend, nothing left to lose
Oct 1, 2023
From the authority's pov's answer:
Dead people can't pay taxes and make rich people richer

• Yay!
Reactions: myusername890, ijustwishtodie, trappedinthislife and 3 others
4everHeartBroken

4everHeartBroken

Feb 11, 2024
It's not about saving lives because we all die anyway so you can't save a life . It's about controlling others
INTERESTING response! I've never thought about it like that before…. "It's about controlling others" seems to be quite accurate.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and pthnrdnojvsc
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Pro lifers want to prolong a life for as long as possible so that they can forcefully contribute to society and pay taxes

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, myusername890 and sserafim