R

reddrake08

Feb 6, 2020
I'm 26 and I have depression and anxiety. I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree, but I tried applying to jobs and no one replied back. I probably couldn't work anyways because I get severely anxious when I drive to the point that I can't get groceries or food by myself. Even though my sister has been understanding and is allowing me to not work, my parents are getting upset that I'm not working. I know what I'm doing is unsustainable, but I don't know what to do. I'd love to go by the SN method, but I can't get the appointment to get the antiemetics. I kinda just want to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and falloutcarter13
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I'm 26 and I have depression and anxiety. I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree, but I tried applying to jobs and no one replied back. I probably couldn't work anyways because I get severely anxious when I drive to the point that I can't get groceries or food by myself. Even though my sister has been understanding and is allowing me to not work, my parents are getting upset that I'm not working. I know what I'm doing is unsustainable, but I don't know what to do. I'd love to go by the SN method, but I can't get the appointment to get the antiemetics. I kinda just want to die.
Have you tried some for of therapy and/or anti-anxiety medication?
I'm generally skeptical and mistrustful of mental health professionals and pharma pills, but I would suggest you at least give these things a try if you haven't already.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, alexit, Deleted member 18655 and 1 other person
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Why can't you get the appointment for the anti emetics? Say you're having migraines and you've used metoclopramide in the past to help.

Not sure if you're already on medications of any sort but my advice would be to never start on any of that crap if you still have time to avoid it. Medication ruined my life.

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
The antiemetics for the SN method are strongly recommended, but not absolutely necessary. SN still seems to be a plenty viable method to ctb without the recommended prep drugs, based on what I understand of how the poison works and many reports I've read of successful ctb attempts with SN alone. Just food for thought.

R

reddrake08

Feb 6, 2020
Have you tried some for of therapy and/or anti-anxiety medication?
I'm generally skeptical and mistrustful of mental health professionals and pharma pills, but I would suggest you at least give these things a try if you haven't already.

When I was in college, I tried counseling at their metal health services department, but I'd only feel hopeful for the first five minutes after the day's session then I'd go back to being sad. I've tried and taken Venlafaxine, but it eventually stopped being effective.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
When I was in college, I tried counseling at their metal health services department, but I'd only feel hopeful for the first five minutes after the day's session then I'd go back to being sad. I've tried and taken Venlafaxine, but it eventually stopped being effective.

I've heard that with therapy or counseling, it can often get worse before it gets better. It might be worth giving counseling another try if you still want to give life another try :heart:

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
This is one of the fears I have about my future and one of the reasons I don't want to go on. I have anxiety too and even with medication it's not that great. For it to really go away I'd need really strong medication where I would basically be a zombie and asleep the whole day. I won't be able to work so I won't get money and I'll die. I don't want to be here too. I went for few therapy sessions and all I was told is that my happiness is in my own hands and that I need to go out more. Like wow thanks..sorry I made this about myself I hope I at least gave some perspective from another person that has similar issues.