U

Unsure and alone

It's a slow fade
Dec 10, 2023
So I've been not saying how bad it really is because of not risking getting caught.

How do you figure out who to trust

What to say ?

I get that my situation is not normal.
I've been in a ward before but not after any of my 5 attempts .
So yeah not normal.

And my records of that haven't transferred to the new state I'm in which is great in my opinion.

One of the only good things about the move.

But back on track ,I hope.

Has anyone tried the "I have a friend " while talking about your own situation ?

If so how did that go ?

How do we test the waters on how they will respond without risking everything ?

Any help here would be great.
I'm thinking at the moment how do I get help with what time is left .

I really would like to feel better even though I was going to kill myself this week until an opportunity came up and I changed my mind at least long enough for that opportunity.

U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
In most places, the best thing to do is to tell a doctor that you are experiencing low mood/anxiety/panic/stress/whatever. Mention that you are having fleeting suicidal thoughts, which are disturbing you somewhat, but are confident that you won't act on them (better if you have some "preventative factor" like not wanting to upset [this person] or wanting to see a film that comes out next year or something), and have no detailed plans.

Inpatient services are very stretched and they will not admit you unless it is really necessary. If you're not a threat to yourself or others then you'll get help, but not scary help.

If you instead want to ask your friends and family, then be frank with them about your struggles, but bear in mind that suicidality will often make people think that they are in too deep and need professional support.

There might be some charities which can help. "Suicide Prevention" stuff is likely to be a bit more pro-life and may be slightly belligerent, so if that doesn't sound good then look for "listening" services like Samaritans (don't know what the US equivalent would be).

Reactions: Unsure and alone
D

Divinus

Oct 6, 2024
From my experience, there is no trusting clinician help. Not only is it highly ineffective, but they actually instead teach you how to lie and hide your emotions so you don't get sent off to a ward to be put in further suffering.

Even if you tell them how passive it is, they won't care, they quite literally will find any reason and excuse to send you off. If not that, they will drug you with anti-psychotics or anti-depressants that make your life overall worse.

U

Unsure and alone

It's a slow fade
Dec 10, 2023
In most places, the best thing to do is to tell a doctor that you are experiencing low mood/anxiety/panic/stress/whatever. Mention that you are having fleeting suicidal thoughts, which are disturbing you somewhat, but are confident that you won't act on them (better if you have some "preventative factor" like not wanting to upset [this person] or wanting to see a film that comes out next year or something), and have no detailed plans.

Inpatient services are very stretched and they will not admit you unless it is really necessary. If you're not a threat to yourself or others then you'll get help, but not scary help.

If you instead want to ask your friends and family, then be frank with them about your struggles, but bear in mind that suicidality will often make people think that they are in too deep and need professional support.

There might be some charities which can help. "Suicide Prevention" stuff is likely to be a bit more pro-life and may be slightly belligerent, so if that doesn't sound good then look for "listening" services like Samaritans (don't know what the US equivalent would be).
I hope that is possible .
I have the perfect thing for waiting for.
Unfortunately I probably have to manage to switch psychiatrist first .
From my experience, there is no trusting clinician help. Not only is it highly ineffective, but they actually instead teach you how to lie and hide your emotions so you don't get sent off to a ward to be put in further suffering.

Even if you tell them how passive it is, they won't care, they quite literally will find any reason and excuse to send you off. If not that, they will drug you with anti-psychotics or anti-depressants that make your life overall worse.
I get that .
My current psychiatrist got very reactive when instead of denying being suicidal thoughts.

I asked what if I were ?

My plan was to if it went bad downplay it as she misunderstood I was asking about her previous question about thoughts of self harm.

And to downplay that as much as possible.

It got kinda combative.
She was honestly probably more reactive outwardly than me at least.

She lost control of her own self for a little bit there.

Anyway I ended up lying again and wondering how do I seek help ?

Damn I wish I could still talk to my former counselor.

She I could and did trust with some of this.

Last edited: