Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
Well, I haven't been on this site very often recently and it was not because I am too busy irl or that I am no longer suicidal.

My anhedonia is at its worst point to the extent that I am no longer passionate about ctb and absolutely nothing could be considered soothing or entertaining to me, therefore I have no reason or incentives to keep browsing this site.

I am no longer motivated enough to do research on chemicals.
I am no longer motivated enough to learn all the types of knots.
I am no longer motivated enough to fix my suicide notes.
I am no longer motivated enough to vent.
I am no longer motivated enough to die, or to live.

Regardless of how ridiculous it might sound, but it is not until now that I have realized that all activities beyond basic survival, including suicide, needs a minimum level of motivation which I currently lack. All of us are on this site because we are actively seeking suicide as a solution to whether internal or external sources of extreme stress that we could no longer bear. Anhedonia makes you immune to any kind of mental turmoil, superficially and temporarily relieving one from the pain of living, yet it is merely a denial of the problem rather than a solution. Objectively I can recognize the amplification of all my problems and sufferings from those problems because of my escapism, but subjectively I cannot even perceive them anymore to feel motivated or pressured into solving them.

My future would just be that of anyone who has a life that can be considered normal. I am perfectly able and functional judging from the perspective of society, but from now on I would only live as a daughter, a friend, a sibling, a cousin, a student, an employee, a member, or whatever identity in relation to another, but never as an individual.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sannti, CyVir, Unknown21 and 1 other person
darksoul

darksoul

Sep 9, 2023
Do you know what is causing your anhedonia?

Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
I have been aloof since childhood but back then I still had my interests. Maybe I isolated myself too much.

Reactions: undecided
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
There is no one cause of anhedonia, it is what it is. Perhaps it's a symptom of deep depression, like feeling numb to everything. I suffer with it too and it certainly adds to the feeling of being useless and not wanting to be alive, because we're already dead.

Reactions: Grimpoteuthis
darksoul

darksoul

Sep 9, 2023
There is no one cause of anhedonia, it is what it is. Perhaps it's a symptom of deep depression, like feeling numb to everything. I suffer with it too and it certainly adds to the feeling of being useless and not wanting to be alive, because we're already dead.
I suffer from it too but in my case it is because of schizoid pd (not schizophrenia). Could be that OP had something similar so I asked.

• Hugs
Reactions: undecided
Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
I suffer from it too but in my case it is because of schizoid pd (not schizophrenia). Could be that OP had something similar so I asked.
It is possible and I have almost all the symptoms checked, but I am not motivated enough to visit a psychologist to get diagnosed.