nomorefight

nomorefight

Jul 1, 2019
I want to die but I don't believe I am depressed. I feel lost and trapped and alone. I feel like something is seriously wrong with me. I know I am not supposed to be this way because on paper my life is "great", but I am not happy. I am constantly wishing I could end it all. I don't think I am depressed though because I have been going to a psychiatrist for over a year, I have tried every medication out there, and I still am getting worse. I crave hurting myself and tears. No matter how many pills I take I still want to disappear. I am so tired of fighting. I am too weak to keep going but also too weak to just kill myself already. I am tired of being told that with time I will get better and that depression is not a terminal illness. I have put so much time into this and have only gotten worse. Depression may not be a terminal illness, but whatever I have is. I am tired of pretending I'm okay for the sake of others and hiding my scars and saying that I want to go back to being happy. I am tired of the lies. Just let me die already.

• Hugs
Reactions: p7o7p7e, czarodziej and Lara Francis
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
It's possibly that you are "rationally" depressed, ie your desire to die is rooted in rational reasons and not the byproduct of brain chemistry gone haywire or faulty chemical imbalances.

I don't have, and haven't for a long time, the necessary ingredients to make a happy life, or indeed a tolerable one: connection, decent work, a sense of belonging, etc. Is this true for you?

Reactions: keara, HGL91 and vulturecyclop