Is your room the only place you feel safe?

• yes

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • no

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
I am ___________

I am ___________

Hated, Unloved by the world and everything in it.
Jan 3, 2019
Solitude

[Day 2 Road to ctb]:

I sit here lamenting in my own pity, surrounded by cold walls of white. In this room I feel safe, inside these walls I feel safe. There are no inhabitants besides me, and I am ok with that. I hear a echo coming from towards the end of this vast empty space, the sound seems to be one of anger, violence, and abuse. I want no part in what is beyond these walls, so I ignore the sound by covering my ears. The sound gradually grows louder and louder, until I slowly lose consciousness. For that brief moment, I am no longer there, I am free and soaring through the vast emptiness. There are no clouds, nor sound, but somehow I feel a great sense of freedom and peace. I eventually wake up from that state to realize, I am still here. I think to myself, why do I have to return to this hell? Why can't the dream last for an eternity? I hear the same sound again, and I curl up into a ball against the walls of white. There is no light in this empty space, it is just me and the calming embrace of darkness. A horrid ray of light slowly makes it way into the empty space, and the walls seem to have crumbled. I am thrown back into the horrid existence of reality forcefully, I try to resist with all my might but it is useless. I just want to be alone in the room, behind the walls of white..... I just want to disappear. I know that the end is near, I can feel it throughout my body and I accept it. Let death embrace me with it's welcoming arms, it is the only place that I have left to return to.

Reactions: throwaway777, Xaphous, Lifeisatrap and 8 others
YellowJasmine

YellowJasmine

Student
Dec 6, 2018
I voted no because I don't feel safe in my room either. I live in a noisy area and the sounds are terrifying to me.That means I don't feel safe anywhere but I imagine some place like a vast uninhabited natural area like woods or mountains.

Very nice work, thanks for the good read.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Circles
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
My room bears the emotional stress and torment my wife and I have gone through in our fights. I'll CTB far away from all that in a place where after a good controlled burn, the landscape is reborn from the ashes.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and YellowJasmine