faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Well, there are many things which I have seen in my life and failed in many activities. But this fail is very disappointing because it is only one thing that makes feel more alive. I managed to fail even there. A few hours ago I took a bus to the small village which is located by the sea to have some fresh air (I am feverish) and feel strong gusts of the wind (to chase the storm). I noticed a huge wall of clouds ahead which were meaning that it was going to be a torrential rain. But when the bus brought me to the place where those dark clouds were above my head, the pure hell started. The downburst was so strong that trees were almost reaching the ground and you could not see anything, it was something like you are in the clouds already. The rain was smashing the windows of the bus like a hammer. I desperately started recording the chaos which was happening, but after 30 seconds it stopped and I realized that the video has not been recorded. Damn, I have been dreaming of seeing and recording things like this and when I got a chance after many years of waiting, everything was ruined. It is like your last hobby is taken away in a moment. I did not believe I will experience something like this before I CTB, but when it happened, everything went wrong. So I literally missed my last chance. Feels like the life is saying to me "You have been unlucky all your life, why should you be lucky now". Okay, I got you, I got you...Well, I could feel better, because I saw that with my eyes, but that was just a part of my desire.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Proto, TheLastGoodbye, Nutshell and 8 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Well, there are many things which I have seen in my life and failed in many activities. But this fail is very disappointing because it is only one thing that makes feel more alive. I managed to fail even there. A few hours ago I took a bus to the small village which is located by the sea to have some fresh air (I am feverish) and feel strong gusts of the wind (to chase the storm). I noticed a huge wall of clouds ahead which were meaning that it was going to be a torrential rain. But when the bus brought me to the place where those dark clouds were above my head, the pure hell started. The downburst was so strong that trees were almost reaching the ground and you could not see anything, it was something like you are in the clouds already. The rain was smashing the windows of the bus like a hammer. I desperately started recording the chaos which was happening, but after 30 seconds it stopped and I realized that the video has not been recorded. Damn, I have been dreaming of seeing and recording things like this and when I got a chance after many years of waiting, everything was ruined. It is like your last hobby is taken away in a moment. I did not believe I will experience something like this before I CTB, but when it happened, everything went wrong. So I literally missed my last chance. Feels like the life is saying to me "You have been unlucky all your life, why should you be lucky now". Okay, I got you, I got you...Well, I could feel better, because I saw that with my eyes, but that was just a part of my desire.
Glass half empty, glass half full?

And then you came to this forum and told us. You took us along with you on your trip.

I never leave my apartment. I will never see what you saw. But you helped me experience it through you descriptions and I thank you for that.

• Hugs
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, highlyvolatile, autumnal and 7 others
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
@Jean4 Thanks a lot for reading! I am glad you experienced something new. Well it is a little bit hard to explain how it looks like because in reality it looks worse than on video. But generally something like that

• Wow
Reactions: Mooshi
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Jean4 Thanks a lot for reading! I am glad you experienced something new. Well it is a little bit hard to explain how it looks like because in reality it looks worse than on video. But generally something like that

It is amazing you experienced that. It's something I never will. Not just because I don't leave my cave.... it just doesn't happen in New York.

I love extreme weather.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, highlyvolatile and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
It is amazing you experienced that. It's something I never will. Not just because I don't leave my cave.... it just doesn't happen in New York.

I love extreme weather.
I would never believe I can experience something like that in Ireland in February. This type of natural phenomenon happens mostly in summer during supercell lightning storms which are not typical to Ireland. I read there were lightning strikes in Ireland at night, so it makes things a little bit more clear. Has never seen downbursts of such power not in summer. And that must be the first and the last time I encounter such a case in my life.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
I would never believe I can experience something like that in Ireland in February. This type of natural phenomenon happens mostly in summer during supercell lightning storms which are not typical to Ireland. I read there were lightning strikes in Ireland at night, so it makes things a little bit more clear. Has never seen downbursts of such power not in summer. And that must be the first and the last time I encounter such a case in my life.
And you were the lucky one to have a once in a lifetime experience :)

Reactions: highlyvolatile, faust and mesohappy
DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
Extreme weather is nice and you don't have to film it O.O just saying.

Reactions: highlyvolatile and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
And you were the lucky one to have a once in a lifetime experience :)
Maybe you are right, but that was such a fail... I won't even see it again in the video.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It sounds like you had quite the experience! I didn't even get to see anything that good when I went storm chasing a few years ago. All my friend and I saw were some cool cloud formations, heavy, but not too extreme, rain, and some cool lightning, but that was it.

In the area where we were chasing the storms, there were 3 supercells that were kind of lined up and isolated from most other storms, but the one that produced the tornado was the farthest away from where we were and it got pretty strong I think (EF1 or 2, I don't remember). Hopefully one of us gets to see something amazing before the bus comes for us.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
It sounds like you had quite the experience! I didn't even get to see anything that good when I went storm chasing a few years ago. All my friend and I saw were some cool cloud formations, heavy, but not too extreme, rain, and some cool lightning, but that was it.

In the area where we were chasing the storms, there were 3 supercells that were kind of lined up and isolated from most other storms, but the one that produced the tornado was the farthest away from where we were and it got pretty strong I think (EF1 or 2, I don't remember). Hopefully one of us gets to see something amazing before the bus comes for us.
Oh, I ran into this absolutely accidentally. The storm was already leaving us and travelling further to the East with some lightning clouds, and somehow a heavy downburst was formed. I prefer downbursts myself. We have no tornados.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

I love extreme weather.

@Jean4, you amaze me yet again. How do you maintain your career in the music industry, your work as a therapist *and* being on an emergency-response team, all without ever leaving your apartment? Wonders!

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Halo13, BumperCrop and 2 others
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
@Jean4, you amaze me yet again. How do you maintain your career in the music industry, your work as a therapist *and* being on an emergency-response team, all without ever leaving your apartment? Wonders!
I'm no longer a therapist. I get calls from the city as an emergency... but that was my past life.

Music is all done from my house. I don't need to leave. Everything is done via computer these days.
As long as I have that, all necessary software to get things done are on the computer.

It's the way things are done these days.Gone are dats where people need studios. People can record on their iPhone. Remixers have their studio on their laptops..... To get your single distributed... upload the MP3 to the distributor...Everybody Skypes....people program radio stations through Centevocast which is computer software.

2020. One doesn't meed to leave.

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile and TimeToBiteTheDust
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I'm no longer a therapist.

Maybe not professionally, but to say that you aren't a therapist at all, I'm sure there are at least a few members here who would disagree... :hug:

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm no longer a therapist. I get calls from the city as an emergency... but that was my past life.

Music is all done from my house. I don't need to leave. Everything is done via computer these days.
As long as I have that, all necessary software to get things done are on the computer.

It's the way things are done these days.Gone are dats where people need studios. People can record on their iPhone. Remixers have their studio on their laptops..... To get your single distributed... upload the MP3 to the distributor...Everybody Skypes....people program radio stations through Centevocast which is computer software.

2020. One doesn't meed to leave.

Cool. (I've been married to a couple of musicians but they both prefer the old "handmade" way, with other musicians, in front of audiences, etc.) Do we get to hear some of your singles?

I wish I could find a doctor who does consultations by skype.

Reactions: Halo13
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
@Lost in a Dream One more storm is coming tomorrow :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
@Lost in a Dream One more storm is coming tomorrow :hug:

Ooh, good luck getting some vids or pics of this one. It sounds interesting! :hug:

Reactions: faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I haven't yet decided should I go to the west coast or maybe something interesting will be on the east :O
Update: I missed all the storm :smiling:
@Lost in a Dream