Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
Hey.
I'm just venting but if anyone else would like to share their experiences in the comments below then please do so.

The thing with regret is that you are always tormented by the belief that your life could have been so much better.
"If only I did that..." or "If only I didn't...".
If only I was more careful, if only I listened, if only I didn't lose my temper, if only got there in time, if only I didn't take drugs .... etc, etc, etc.
These are just a few examples of what people think to themselves every single day.

I am not saying my life was perfect (life never is) but there were a brief couple of years when I genuinely believed I would achieve my dreams.
It sounds stupid now but I miss those years so much!
There were people who believed in me and said I had potential and I genuinely believed it.

Its very frightening to think it only takes one wrong move for it all to come crashing down.

All those beautiful dreams are gone now, replaced by nightmares.
Hey, thats it.
Just wanted a chance to get some of this poison out of my system before I CTB.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: terry_a_davis, Broken Chimera, nerve and 5 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
"I coulda been a contender" . That famous line goes through my head every single day. 2004/5 trigger so much pain because I know it all hinges on the choices made. I believe it could have been very different if I'd had an email address and been on a forum then but I wasn't and I can't find a good reason why. My internet presence waited until 2010 where I joined a time travel forum hoping in desperation there was a way to change it. Another decades gone by and still all I think about is what I didn't do what's now fifteen years ago.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Sweet Release
Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
"I coulda been a contender" . That famous line goes through my head every single day. 2004/5 trigger so much pain because I know it all hinges on the choices made. I believe it could have been very different if I'd had an email address and been on a forum then but I wasn't and I can't find a good reason why. My internet presence waited until 2010 where I joined a time travel forum hoping in desperation there was a way to change it. Another decades gone by and still all I think about is what I didn't do what's now fifteen years ago.
That sounds terrible.
It hasn't been as long as fifteen years for me but I can relate.
Yeah its hard going.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Mr2005
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I don't know if it's a personal question, but what is your dream? Unless your dream is to become a professional athlete or a fighter pilot, chances are that you can still fulfil it. As for the past, there's no point looking back, because it can obviously not be changed. If I would start looking back, I'd kill myself immediately. I try to live here and now instead, although it's not always easy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Broken Chimera, GoodPersonEffed, randomz and 2 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Many people are thrown away by this society or never get a chance or much of one because this system is geared toward creating an outcome or getting most people to be mediocre not maximizing opportunities for everyone. Or you fail to make decisions based in reality and facts because u never had a proper education to be able to do so. The most important thing that people need to fully self actualize is to have accurate information about themselves and the society u have to navigate. So much of success depends on the choices u make accurately. The other portion depends on to some degree on a decent IQ level, consistently working towards your goals, also social intelligence is important. The rulers want most people to be mediocre because if most of us are fully self actualized and doing really great it threatens their feelings of superiority over the people they want to rule over.

Last edited:
Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
I don't know if it's a personal question, but what is your dream? Unless your dream is to become a professional athlete or a fighter pilot, chances are that you can still fulfil it. As for the past, there's no point looking back, because it can obviously not be changed. If I would start looking back, I'd kill myself immediately. I try to live here and now instead, although it's not always easy.
Its not always easy but I try.
Many people are thrown away by this society or never get a chance or much of one because this system is geared toward creating an outcome or getting most people to be mediocre not maximizing opportunities for everyone. Or you fail to make decisions based in reality and facts because u never had a proper education to be able to do so. The most important thing that people need to fully self actualize is to have accurate information about themselves and the society u have to navigate. So much of success depends on the choices u make accurately. The other portion depends on to some degree on a decent IQ level, consistently working towards your goals, also social intelligence is important. The rulers want most people to be mediocre because if most of us are fully self actualized and doing really great it threatens their feelings of superiority over the people they want to rule over.
I hadn't thought about it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
When I find myself regretting something in the past, I try to turn it around by thinking, "Well thank god that's over!"

Reactions: Broken Chimera, Sweet Release and Sensei
Sweet Release

Sweet Release

Experienced
Nov 24, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and GoodPersonEffed
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
"I coulda been a contender"
That is such a fantastic scene and a great example of Brando's talent. I think about that quote a lot. I deal with a lot of what ifs related to my past. I know that certain things were always out of my control, but I am also confident that I could have had a better life if I had made different choices at certain points. Despite that I also feel that to a certain extent I would have been unhappy no matter how I chose. It often feels like I'm just not capable of being content with life no matter what happens, but maybe that's just a case of sour grapes.

Reactions: Sweet Release and Mr2005