penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Hi all,

I consider myself mostly recovered--when I say mostly I mean that I don't feel miserable every day to the point that I can't do anything--and my life is moving, albeit with my chronic health conditions still occasionally getting in the way. I had depression with psychosis, PTSD from neglectful parents, abusive relationship, mild dissociation, 2.0 GPA and was on probation, and major dysfunction with friendships. (Reasoning being: people decided not to be my friend because I would experiment with harming and killing myself too much, without regard for their wellbeing.) Probably have autism, discovering that.

For the entirety of the time that I was on the forum, I had voices in my head that I didn't even realize were irregular. They would tell me terrible things about myself and my life, which made me feel as much worse. Looking back, if I had realized that my depression was causing psychosis I could've recovered so much faster. So I hope that anyone who relates to those symptoms will be able to get better more easily.

The biggest challenge for me was being able to accept that recovery would be difficult (ignoring the voices' complaints ab it) and not giving up and thinking of suicide whenever it got hard, because I made a self-commitment. Once I got past that, it got pretty easy. I'm not saying that this would be the case for everyone because I already had a small support circle to help me out, but I wanted to share a success story.

I'm happy to answer any questions too~

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Chronic21, kinderbueno, wCvML2 and 9 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Just so WONDERFUL to hear and read, thank you so much for sharing.

You are a beacon of light and love for so many and you helped me today, as it was a real bummer of a day.

CONGRATUALTIONS and so many hugs and well wishes to you, my good friend.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: kinderbueno, wCvML2, buyersremorse and 1 other person
Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
Great to hear. Congratulations on your recovery!

• Hugs
Reactions: kinderbueno, wCvML2 and whywere
thgilrats

thgilrats

kmsing while caramelldansen plays
May 29, 2023
So glad to hear that! Hope you'll have a good life 🤲🤍

• Hugs
Reactions: wCvML2 and whywere
JohnnySack

JohnnySack

Boss of the Lupertazzi crime family.
Sep 17, 2024
legitimately happy for you :) hopefully one day ill be able to do the same and recover.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and wCvML2
po1sentree

po1sentree

ᠭᠤᠨᠢᠭᠲᠠᠢ
Sep 14, 2024
Im happy for you🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere