Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
We are gathered here today to witness the public shaming of the term "if you ever need someone to talk to/ if you feel overwhelmed you should talk to someone"

Ok genius, what are lay people supposed to tell me especially because my depression seems to be originless, what is the only friends I have supposed to say when I'm depressed for weeks and I become a burden or I isolate and it feels like I am actually alone.

What are my religious parents going to say? Please tell me throwing a bible to the dome works so I can strangle you with chicken wire.

What is anyone supposed to say to "objectively life sucks and I don't care to be here" .
  1. Do a backflip lol
  2. You are so special that you DESERVE to be here
  3. What about the people that love you, you only care about yourself. So selfish
  4. Just be positive, distract yourself/ You're choosing to dwell on negativity
  5. Yes there are bad but it's mostly good (after listening to me explain in detail that I feel the opposite)
  6. You're looking for attention
  7. It's that's damn metal shit you listen to, what are you feeding your spirit
  8. Go to therapy
  9. Did you take your meds?
  10. You're just lazy (.. bro yea I'm bored as fuck let me die)
First and last sounds good to be honest. However these don't convince me.
  1. Trying to source sn also I'm not athletic so sorry. Might hang if I can't get it soon.
  2. If everyone is special then the term means nothing.
  3. I'm selfish, yes. Do you want to live in my brain and in my skin? No? Then shut up. I'm the selfish one but I'm guilted or pressured into being and society. Everyone is replaceable and you will get over your own ego.
  4. I am being positive, I would like reduce the recourses I would take up by dying. I think you making children is incredibly self-serving and you should be ashamed of yourself. Feel guilt for that future rapist you got there.
  5. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Next question
  6. If it wasn't so taboo you'd have a point but from as far as I can see, you can eat my ahhh.
  7. Sure bud, whatever you say. I'm sure you're mental health is so pristine because you listen to the most derivative, repetitive, overdone topic, mid fucking production music.
  8. Oh thanks I really didn't think of that, right away big boss. Fucking retarded. Well meaning but retarded
  9. Yes I did and it's working well enough that I don't actively feel suicidal, just unenthused and anxious to be back in my room with the lights off.
  10. Thank you for acknowledging everything I've been saying, do lazy people deserve to have anything but their rights? No they don't. I am no different. (Maybe hyperbole I don't care about other lazy people so I just mean me)

Did we learn anything new? No
Are these legitimate questions to a person reaching out for help? Possibly
Are those reasonable answers ? No you keep those in your head. Grin and bare it until their monologue is over.
Have we all heard them all in different ways and it's like they don't care to understand. But it's that they can't understand, they don't have the capacity to just as many of us don't have the capacity to be pro life. It's frustrating. No, "talking to someone" doesn't do anything except have people who don't get it in your business.

For me, I'm keeping up with the suicide jokes just so nobody is surprised. I don't owe anyone anything. Everyone gets to be selfish except me?

If I wake up tomorrow there is no God lol.

• Love
Reactions: todiefor, rxseeyyy, IndyAna and 3 others
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
it shouldnt be like this. the mental health system is failing and has already failed in many places. i can only hope it will be different for the next generation but i strongly doubt it. im sending love your way <3

90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
this post is highly relatable! im sure we've all encountered these silly responses at some point.

i've gotten so sick and tired of hearing this sort of advice from everybody i've ever reached out to. the comments about suicide being selfish, especially, really aren't necessary - and is very aggressively pro-life :(

just last week, a colleague was telling some of us at work about how a friend had reached out to her for support, since he had been severely suicidal. as she told it, her response to him was "suicide is selfish. how could you do that to your children and your wife?". im sure that friend went away feeling absolutely horrible about himself for even considering suicide >:(

Reactions: Housefly
feels_like_rain

feels_like_rain

Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
Sep 29, 2021
We are gathered here today to witness the public shaming of the term "if you ever need someone to talk to/ if you feel overwhelmed you should talk to someone"
I fucking HATE that bullshit and never want to hear it again unless the person MEANS IT. People like to say that and promise they'll be there, until you actually DO talk to them and then they go away. Fuck off with that shit.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
"You're choosing to dwell on negativity" is the worst one for me. I've been depressed since I was 9/10. My brain is literally wired to think negatively. I've been this way from such a developmental age that positive thinking isn't something my brain is able to understand. So yes, I do dwell on the negativity. And I'm far too tired to try and change it anymore. So leave me here to dwell in peace and stop pretending to want to listen to me because we both know this is draining for you and you don't know what to say.

Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
funny. what kind metal do you listen to? doom? heavy? dsbm?
Death core, power metal, heavy, dsbm and good old grunge
this post is highly relatable! im sure we've all encountered these silly responses at some point.

i've gotten so sick and tired of hearing this sort of advice from everybody i've ever reached out to. the comments about suicide being selfish, especially, really aren't necessary - and is very aggressively pro-life :(

just last week, a colleague was telling some of us at work about how a friend had reached out to her for support, since he had been severely suicidal. as she told it, her response to him was "suicide is selfish. how could you do that to your children and your wife?". im sure that friend went away feeling absolutely horrible about himself for even considering suicide >:(
It's very sad that we have zero agency as soon as we want to ctb. Everything we are is attached to other people for their benefit. We HAVE to live for people who can never understand. I owe myself peace any way I can find it
I fucking HATE that bullshit and never want to hear it again unless the person MEANS IT. People like to say that and promise they'll be there, until you actually DO talk to them and then they go away. Fuck off with that shit.
And then when something drastic happens they blame you for not speaking up or trusting them enough to help. Pick your poison

Last edited:
Reactions: (¥) and feels_like_rain
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The reality is that so many people in this world are incredibly delusional and don't wish to accept the fact that wanting suicide is perfectly logical in this dreadful world. It's really absurd how so many people are anti-suicide when the reality is that we are all just destined to die anyway. But I would see it as being for the best not to talk to people like that in the first place, I cannot stand toxic positivity, it's incredibly invalidating and insensitive.

Reactions: Housefly and myusername890
feels_like_rain

feels_like_rain

Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
Sep 29, 2021
And then when something drastic happens they blame you for not speaking up or trusting them enough to help. Pick your poison
Right?! From now on i'm going to try not to even say anything that would even warrant the "you can talk to me" horseshit in the first place. Problem fuckin SOLVED.