Memento

Memento

I refuse to succumb
Apr 6, 2023
I struggle with my self-esteem and confidence. And as a result, I find it difficult it say no. I just let people use me and take advantage of me. I guilt-trip myself into justifying their requests and doing things for them, and my anxiety only makes these situations even worse. I hate letting it happen—knowing that they only come to me with a favor and I will always agree to do it.

I need to stop, but I lack so much selfworth I normalized it. Why am I like this? It's so fucking sad and pathetic.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: gh0sttx, numbda, pole and 4 others
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
I struggle with my self-esteem and confidence. And as a result, I find it difficult it say no. I just let people use me and take advantage of me. I guilt-trip myself into justifying their requests and doing things for them, and my anxiety only makes these situations even worse. I hate letting it happen—knowing that they only come to me with a favor and I will always agree to do it.

I need to stop, but I lack so much selfworth I normalized it. Why am I like this? It's so fucking sad and pathetic.
Start from going to gym, do some cardio, strong body gives strong mind, I know it is easy to say then do but someone have to say it

Start from saying no to your family members if you feel like they make you do things which you don't like Then you will slowly get courage to say no to randoms and strangers which is a process so take it slow

Don't think like if you say no it's gonna hurt others because sometimes you have to say stuffs which hurt their feelings nothing you can do about it, more you say no people will get the point that you don't take shit anymore!

• Love
Reactions: Das Nichts, Memento and Pancake
girlwitharose

girlwitharose

Take my soul back home
Apr 8, 2023
I can relate, it is a very hard thing to deal with and my self esteem is pretty hell-low , but it's higher than it used to be. I never had anxiety so i can't relate to that part, but i helped myself by forcing myself to believe it was wrong. I forced myself to believe i was worth more than what my brain was telling me. I know how you feel, pathetic, sad, etc. It is a very hard thing to do but you have to find some part of you deep down that believes you are more than just a tool and useless asset only used and spoken to for a favour . Just listen to this, and YOU will tell yourself what you need to believe to become a better, stronger version of yourself. I hope you find the courage and strength to say no. You will feel much better, i promise.

• Love
Reactions: Memento
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
Practice scenarios in your mind so that your dialogue is ready. What sort of things crop up frequently? Can you spot them unfolding and switch to your prepared dialogue?

Can you go back and say you e changed your mind?

• Love
Reactions: Memento and Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
I think you should try to fix this bei either going to therapy or read books about this. It's not going to
be easy because to a degree you have to change what makes you - you.
But it might be worthwile to give it a try.

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Start from going to gym, do some cardio, strong body gives strong mind, I know it is easy to say then do but someone have to say it
What the hell does that have to do with can't say No?
Start small, start saying no. Take it easy.

• Yay!
Reactions: Hollowman, numbda and Vizzy
pickajack

pickajack

Student
Jul 17, 2020
Start from going to gym, do some cardio, strong body gives strong mind,

What the hell does that have to do with can't say No?
For me, physical strength and fitness is closely tied with confidence. After being injured and barely being able to walk for a year, I felt so vulnerable, I couldn't stand up for myself at all. I avoided interaction because I couldn't say no to anything. Being stoned all the time to manage pain didn't help my confidence at all either.

But when I feel strong physically, I'm better able to assert myself. I think exercise is good advice. Plus, not sure if this applies to you, but sobriety is helpful if you can manage it.

Reactions: Vizzy