StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I used to be able to remember things more easily but I just can't anymore.
It is painful when I have to study for exams and nothing is goes in my mind and stays for long.
Explaining to people who will never understand is just a waste of time.
Explaining to my psychiatrist and being told that I am just not focusing enough.
I don't know what will help me anymore.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, lv-gras, LivedTooLong and 4 others
blindstatue

blindstatue

Nov 16, 2018
I know how that feels. I'm with you, you are not alone.

I also have memory problems from malnutrition due to my condition. I'm 23 and over the last few years I've lost a lot of writing ability and I can't find the words when I need to speak. I also forget a lot of things and I sometimes have entire days wiped out from my memory.

Depression can affect memory a lot and it's something hard to overcome. I hope you feel better soon. Hit me up anytime if you need to talk. *Hugs*

Reactions: lv-gras, wiIIow, worldexploder and 1 other person
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I know how that feels. I'm with you, you are not alone.

I also have memory problems from malnutrition due to my condition. I'm 23 and over the last few years I've lost a lot of writing ability and I can't find the words when I need to speak. I also forget a lot of things and I sometimes have entire days wiped out from my memory.

Depression can affect memory a lot and it's something hard to overcome. I hope you feel better soon. Hit me up anytime if you need to talk. *Hugs*
Thanks for the hug. I thought there's a chance to get better after seeing a psychiatrist and taking antidepressant. But sadly none of it helped.
Feel so trapped.

Reactions: lv-gras
blindstatue

blindstatue

Nov 16, 2018
Thanks for the hug. I thought there's a chance to get better after seeing a psychiatrist and taking antidepressant. But sadly none of it helped.
Feel so trapped.
I'm sorry to hear that. SSRIs (regular antidepressants such as Lexapro, Paxil, etc) and TCAs can affect one's memory, so it's not the best solution if you're looking to improve your memory. Maybe you can try Adderall, Concerta (methylphenidate) or Vyvanse. Those meds are stimulants and can help your cognitive abilities (focus, memory, etc).

I would also take some fish oil supplements (omega-3 oil). That helps memory a lot in some people.

Reactions: lv-gras and LivedTooLong
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that. SSRIs (regular antidepressants such as Lexapro, Paxil, etc) and TCAs can affect one's memory, so it's not the best solution if you're looking to improve your memory. Maybe you can try Adderall, Concerta (methylphenidate) or Vyvanse. Those meds are stimulants and can help your cognitive abilities (focus, memory, etc).

I would also take some fish oil supplements (omega-3 oil). That helps memory a lot in some people.
Are Adderall, Concerta easily obtainable?
I would try to get some fish oil supplements. Hope it will help by a bit

Reactions: lv-gras
blindstatue

blindstatue

Nov 16, 2018
Are Adderall, Concerta easily obtainable?
I would try to get some fish oil supplements. Hope it will help by a bit
You will need a prescription from a psychiatrist.

Best of luck to you and I hope that fish oil helps a little bit :)

Reactions: lv-gras and StillWaiting
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses can definatly cause "brain fog". I get that a lot. For me, it's gecause there is so much stuff going on inside my head I can't focus very well.

EDIT: for me personally think alcoholism plays a part too.

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras, LivedTooLong, blindstatue and 1 other person
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Same. I used to have an excellent memory. Now it is crap.

Reactions: lv-gras, worldexploder, blindstatue and 1 other person
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
sorry to hear, i think many of us can relate. your psychiatrist should know better, memory issues are extremely common with depression and mental illness in general. it's not your fault

Reactions: worldexploder and StillWaiting
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Depression and anxiety really mess up my concentration, memory and ability to retain information. My thoughts are all over the place.

Reactions: skitliv and wiIIow
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I used to remember everything that I would talk about, read, do, and so on. Nowadays it's........ Wait, what are we talking about again?

Reactions: wiIIow
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I used to remember everything that I would talk about, read, do, and so on. Nowadays it's........ Wait, what are we talking about again?
same, I always used to retain information so well, down to every detail. Now it's like my brain is actively rotting

V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
How strange that we share the same experience. Nowadays I cant type as good as I used to. Sometimes I cant even speak properly.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
It is painful to see others being able to do things normally because they can remember things but I just cant.
Makes me wonder what I have done to deserve all these and makes me hate myself not having the courage to ctb