PlathWannaBe

PlathWannaBe

Nov 15, 2019
Hi everyone- I have always accessed the website by just googling sanctioned suicide, but I've noticed that Google no longer displays SS in any of the search results.

At first I thought the website was down, and was only able to access it by going through my emails, and using a link that I had received from a conversation I've been having on SS with someone. I guess I'll have to bookmark the site now.

Has anyone else noticed that SS is no longer shown in Google search results? I hope they aren't trying to take this site down :( I also hope the servers are hosted in some country that won't mess with the site.

Reactions: hatelife
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
still shows up if i type it into google second link after suicide hotline

Maybe a country block? i'm USA

Reactions: enjoy and mesohappy
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I cant remember where but a few days ago I read something that explicitly stated google was intentionality removing sites like these from its indexing processes to make it harder for people to find.

I also have an android and I've been noticing funny behaviors around memorizing and recalling this site as one of my recommended words. I dont doubt the company would attempt to manipulate the OS on its devices either.

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
It still pulls up for me, but I am in the USA.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
  • Wow
Delia

Delia

Cerulean star
May 15, 2018
Still shows up on my end so yeah. Country ban much
Google out there like "Nooo don't kill yourself your so sexy aha"

• Love
Reactions: aramir, hatelife, UninformedLover and 7 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It still shows up for me, but yes I concur with @AlreadyGone, it's the 2nd result in the search engine. Oh and one more thing, the god awful suicide prevention hotline number in BIG text! :O:ohh::ehh: I hate it! :angry::hmph:;-;

Reactions: hatelife
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
It still shows for me. Second link (first is hotline).

Still shows up on my end so yeah. Country ban much
Google out there like "Nooo don't kill yourself your so sexy aha"
Last weekend I read a similar comment on a depressive group from Fb. "why do you want to ctb? You're so pretty". I also get angry when women tell me "Why are you depressive? You're so handsome". These people don't understand.

Reactions: Delia
OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I cant remember where but a few days ago I read something that explicitly stated google was intentionality removing sites like these from its indexing processes to make it harder for people to find.

I also have an android and I've been noticing funny behaviors around memorizing and recalling this site as one of my recommended words. I dont doubt the company would attempt to manipulate the OS on its devices either.

Google has always done this, it's actually part of my job and it's the reason why the suicide hotline number is always at the top of your search results if you search for anything related to self harm. That's why you use Tor browser.

Reactions: highlyvolatile and TimeToBiteTheDust
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Doesn't show up for me either (Germany)

• Aww..
PlathWannaBe

PlathWannaBe

Nov 15, 2019
Ah, ok, I'm based in Germany, and apparently either Google or the government here or both are blocking SS in Google searches. Thank God the site isn't down! Out of curiosity, does the site ever go down because some government has taken it down? Are the servers safe in a liberal country somewhere?

T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
use duckduckgo

Reactions: Maravillosa
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Sorry, I will just leave it there
Pmg