• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Apr 5, 2024
Anyone else experience this kind of Melancholy? I've lost all interest in all my hobbies, even the ones that I've had for years and I lose interest in my new hobbies after like 10 days, after the "new thing" feeling fades I find that I don't actually enjoy it, all forms of entertainment have become merely ways to fend off boredom or pass time.

I have no idea how to escape the boredom, I feel like if I try to live in the present 50% of the time I can't find anything to do, 40% of the time I'm doing something boring and tedious and 10% of the time I don't feel like getting out of bed or ask myself why I'm still alive.

If I try to live in the past I find that I've never really been happy and somehow I only have bad memories.

If I try to live for the future the only logical conclusion I can reach is that the future is going to be worse, it only makes sense considering my life has consistently gotten worse and world news isn't very comforting these days.

Now I can only try to escape reality completely and try to imagine myself in a world where I can make a difference, where I have the ability to inspire others or change the world for the better, or I immerse myself in a virtual world, I've always found video games with a good story to be a nice temporary escape from reality but lately I'm losing interest in gaming too.

How much longer will I have to keep looking for things to keep me sane? I can't take it anymore.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: youshallrideeternal, DeathOfKane, escape_from_hell and 9 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
Existing also feels so dreadful and futile to me, I really wish I never existed in my case, I'm tired of being conscious and aware, I just want nothingness. But anyway best wishes.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: youshallrideeternal, ijustwishtodie, iloverachel and 2 others
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I'm so sorry for your suffering...I can relate a lot to your first couple of paragraphs. I too feel that way, my time is spent either feeling useless at work, dreading house chores and then just watching videos to get seconds of a semblance of happiness.

I wish I knew what to tell you, I'm very stuck in the same boat and dreading every day. I wish we could all be free from this torture...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: youshallrideeternal, Mateira, iloverachel and 2 others
FrownyFace

FrownyFace

May 15, 2024
Anyone else experience this kind of Melancholy? I've lost all interest in all my hobbies, even the ones that I've had for years and I lose interest in my new hobbies after like 10 days, after the "new thing" feeling fades I find that I don't actually enjoy it, all forms of entertainment have become merely ways to fend off boredom or pass time.

I have no idea how to escape the boredom, I feel like if I try to live in the present 50% of the time I can't find anything to do, 40% of the time I'm doing something boring and tedious and 10% of the time I don't feel like getting out of bed or ask myself why I'm still alive.

If I try to live in the past I find that I've never really been happy and somehow I only have bad memories.

If I try to live for the future the only logical conclusion I can reach is that the future is going to be worse, it only makes sense considering my life has consistently gotten worse and world news isn't very comforting these days.

Now I can only try to escape reality completely and try to imagine myself in a world where I can make a difference, where I have the ability to inspire others or change the world for the better, or I immerse myself in a virtual world, I've always found video games with a good story to be a nice temporary escape from reality but lately I'm losing interest in gaming too.

How much longer will I have to keep looking for things to keep me sane? I can't take it anymore.
I also enjoy nothing anymore. I force myself to keep a hobby as a sort is escapism because I hate reality. Really I just like to sleep. I like to dream and keep forcing myself to go back to an imaginary world. I hate it here so much

• Hugs
Reactions: youshallrideeternal, iloverachel and AbusedInnocent
DeathWish3301

DeathWish3301

May 15, 2024
I definitely feel you. It was a slow burn for me. Similarly, gaming was one of the few activities I still enjoyed and used to cope and escape reality. Eventually, they didn't cut it anymore, either. I got no joy from them.

There's a scene in the old show "Louie" where the main character is talking to a friend that is planning on ending himself.

He said "it's when the want goes". Not wanting, desiring or enjoying anything anymore is when it's over. That hit hard when I rewatched it years later.

I have no advice or guidance to offer. All I can say is happened to me and it sucks. I'm sorry, stranger.

• Hugs
Reactions: youshallrideeternal, Mateira, AbusedInnocent and 2 others
set0553

set0553

самоубийство
May 16, 2024

I go through spurts of feeling OK in between the melancholy usually when I'm drunk, and kinda forget for awhile that I'm depressed.. I know alcohol is supposed to be a depressant, but for me, makes me feel better sometimes, more energized. Its weird.

escape_from_hell

escape_from_hell

Experienced
Feb 22, 2024
If you can still enjoy virtual worlds and video games I'd say go for it!
There is no shame in living vicariously.
It is still living a better quality of life than when you lose that ability too.
My anhedonia is bad enough I can't enjoy video games either, music, movies, no entertainment like that. So it can happen. I'd say get the video game time in while it's hot! You might be glad you did.

Reactions: anxiousalpaca and AbusedInnocent