Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
I gotta vent this out before I lose my fucking mind and this is the only place I really can that I know my boyfriend won't see.
My boyfriend and I have been together for one month shy of a year. In that time I've been really happy, haven't really thought about wanting to ctb which is new for me considering it used to occupy my every thought. But holy shit it's starting to hit me and being with him is so much more work than I'm able to do. I've always had a hard time keeping things organized and clean but I've been trying to make an effort and I was doing really good but more and more I don't even have time to my fucking self so I cant even clean my living space even if I wanted to.
He doesn't get it because he has time during the week and his classes are still online but during the week I wake up at 6 am, get ready, do the dishes, bus 2hrs to school, do my classes, bus 2 hrs back, go home, eat, sleep. When I don't have classes he's at my fucking house. He is literally coming to my house today the second I get off class. And I wouldn't care if he didn't spend the entire time I'm doing anything begging for my attention and crying that I'm not giving him attention.
Last week I was literally trying to figure out shit with my medication because my online pharmacy is doing some stupid shit and won't send my meds and I have none left. And he starts crying on my bed because he "doesn't know why" and then is begging for me to help him. What the fuck am I supposed to do if even you don't know why you're crying. Jesus Christ. And today he tells me it's because he's afraid of his life getting boring and doing the same thing every week so we gotta do new things so he doesn't get stressed. Like he's a fucking dog. How is making his life interesting my responsibility? Maybe he can spend the rest of the week he has free doing interesting shit? My weekends are my only time off I do not want to be going out adventuring sorry.
This stupid fucking rich silver spoon kid is privileged for this to be the only thing he has to be stressing and crying over. My dad is going in for surgery on Tuesday and he may be unable to work for up to a year and we'll be living off my mom's shitty underpaid careworker income. We already live in cheap subsidized housing and we may not even be able to keep that if my dad doesn't recover quickly. And I can't work because I spent all my time at school and my brother is still in high school. He knows this shit and he wants to spring on me that he's sad and crying in MY bed because he's BORED? Grow the fuck up. He doesn't realize how privileged he is.
His parents are home owners in BC. His parents home is like 1 mil minimum. And he has the audacity to come to my rented house in a low income complex and complain that the carpets are torn, it smells like dog (I have two big dogs so no shit buddy), our towels are old, etc. We cannot AFFORD to do anything about it. Instead of complaining to me, count your damn blessings.
I can't bring myself to leave him or break up with him tho. I can't do better. Despite everything he's (usually) very sweet and caring. He's also my only chance at financial stability because lol I'm an artist so I'm just asking to stay poor. But alas, I find myself back here because I'm going insane. I have no time to myself, I don't even have time to write my final essay or do my final painting for the semester. I have one again found myself contemplating ctb because I can't take it anymore and it feels easier to just end it all so I don't have to worry about anything anymore and just be free. But I know I won't because I'm lazy and chicken. Hence the reason why I'm still on this forum after 2 years. Lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venus13
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Sorry you're suffering ❤️ I've been here a while too. Never quite seem to CTB. sorry about your bf and circumstances.. I hope you can remind him that he's privileged!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your feelings are understandable. That does sound tiring what you are going through and in this life it can certainly be frustrating having to put up with other people, they can potentially just cause more problems for us. But I wish you the best.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Is he sympathetic to your problems? Or do you tend to bottle them up and keep them from him? Honestly, I'm the worst person to offer advice because I've never been in a relationship. Still, if the likelihood is you will stay with him, maybe you do need to sit down and have a chat about why your life is so hectic at the moment and why you can't be as supportive as you'd like to be until things calm down a bit- kind of a sugar coated- 'I can't cope with you being so needy while I have all this shit going on.'

It's not the same obviously but I felt like I had to do something similar with a close friend the other day. They tend to text me ranting about everything that's bothering them and while I feel bad because I know they are struggling too- I don't feel like I can always cope with it. I think sometimes we do have to draw boundaries when we can't cope with a behaviour- otherwise the annoyance only festers and they may have no idea until it explodes!

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and Venus13
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
I'm glad you got this out. It's so necessary to just lay it all out.

I was always poor and dated a wealthier guy when I was around your age. I had similar feelings about these kinds of misunderstandings. I think it's also about maturity on his end. As I got older I noticed more understanding between the classes.

Opening up communication might be needed to get some pressure off you. It sounds like he's really not hearing or understanding your side and that's needed for both of you to feel better. I hope he hears you.

And on the note of communication, consider telling your counselor or professors at school about your dad's surgery and some of the pressure you're under. You might get an extension on those assignments or at least some understanding if you have to hand it in on time.

Last edited:
L

Life is unfair

Mar 27, 2022
I'm ready to CTB because I'm Involuntary single. Be grateful.

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Was he really only crying because he was bored? I wonder if there is something deeper going on? I guess people can cry over all sorts of things no matter how inconsequential they might seem to us. Still…
I agree with what Forever Sleep posted above.

Reactions: Disappointered and PanickedMelancholia