chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I was a member of this site last year and my life only got worse, so, I came back seeking the ss community, but I realized that I was really looking for was that moment from my life, when ss brought peace to my mind, but this moment will never come back, because time has passed and things have changes. The site isn't the same, neither the community, or the discussions. Even I am not the same anymore, but I wasn't anything good anyway. I hold many old users deep at my heart, but I doubt any of them would feel the same about me. Nothing will ever come back.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE, ithappens, DunnoWhyButYeah and 16 others
I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
I 100% understand where you are coming from. I was off the site for only a few weeks and whilst I like being on the site, it doesn't bring me the peace that it used to and I irrationally feel unseen and I heard when I know this isn't true.

• Hugs
Reactions: sweetbraid, not-2-b-the-answer, Goodbye710 and 6 others
T

tabletop

Student
Oct 8, 2019
What has changed about the discussions here? I'm super curious.

Reactions: overcomingfear and Bedrock48
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
May lead you into full fledged nihilism. Nothing lasts, fuck it all. haha

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Promortalist_, overcomingfear and 1 other person
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I could say many things like: The discussions were more insightful and more philosophical, more exchange of knowledge, more passionate users, etc. But the truth is that the site filled a gap in my life back then and nothing will bring that feeling again.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, not-2-b-the-answer, Goodbye710 and 4 others
T

tabletop

Student
Oct 8, 2019
I think it is possible in most humans to have a feeling that you liked again. Even a specific one. Maybe in a different way though.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and chocolatebar
T

time4sleep

Jul 18, 2021
I haven't been participating long but there is a little change in the dynamic. I see lots of posts that bring suspicion and there weren't that many before

Reactions: ithappens, sweetbraid, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I think once all the basic issues are covered, a lot of it gets repetitive.

Then the personal conversations are especially valuable.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, not-2-b-the-answer, overcomingfear and 2 others
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
I could say many things like: The discussions were more insightful and more philosophical, more exchange of knowledge, more passionate users, etc. But the truth is that the site filled a gap in my life back then and nothing will bring that feeling again.
I am sorry for your pain because I know exactly how you feel because I feel the same

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, chocolatebar and Ame
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I think in a site like this many members do not stay for that long, some ctb, some recover, or just leave so it is bound to change over time. I just think in life, naturally time passes and things change and we can never return to how things once were. Nothing ever lasts.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE, not-2-b-the-answer, cantseethelight and 5 others
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Yes, I think in a site like this many members do not stay for that long, some ctb, some recover, or just leave so it is bound to change over time. I just think in life, naturally time passes and things change and we can never return to how things once were. Nothing ever lasts.
Definitely, nothing ever lasts, and it's so sad to see things things fading away....

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, demuic and FuneralCry
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
Their is a large amount of very aggressive and rude people who are slowly turning the site into an echo chamber. Any difference of opinion isn't tolerated.

A lot of those who helped others and created insightful posts have left this year sadly.

In short, the compassion is mostly gone in my experience. Maybe it's because of covid but throughout society people are unloading their toxicity on others. This forum included. You have to very careful not to get affected.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, sweetbraid, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Indeed, for all things must pass.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
X

xaea13

Student
Jul 13, 2020
I 100% understand where you are coming from. I was off the site for only a few weeks and whilst I like being on the site, it doesn't bring me the peace that it used to and I irrationally feel unseen and I heard when I know this isn't true.
100% this. I guess after enough time, SS runs out of comfort to offer you.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, I-can-only-imagine and chocolatebar
binturong

binturong

shining of stars calls me home
Jul 4, 2019
I understand. I am afraid to communicate because I am afraid of bad memories, negative emotions, but I am no less afraid to communicate because I am afraid of good memories and emotions. Good memories almost always turn into frustration and melancholy. I am trying to return to a place and time where it was good and I feel as if I have returned to a long abandoned house or sold to someone and rebuilt house.
I don't know if I'll risk communicating, but I know for sure that I will come here again and again, because this is the only place that gives me a sense of belonging.

• Hugs
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I was a member of this site last year and my life only got worse, so, I came back seeking the ss community, but I realized that I was really looking for was that moment from my life, when ss brought peace to my mind, but this moment will never come back, because time has passed and things have changes. The site isn't the same, neither the community, or the discussions. Even I am not the same anymore, but I wasn't anything good anyway. I hold many old users deep at my heart, but I doubt any of them would feel the same about me. Nothing will ever come back.
I understand. S.S. is different than it was. I've been here over 3 years. So many people have come & gone. Some because they were successful at CTB others decided to leave and try again. Some were banned... Including members I liked.
3 years ago we weren't as well known and it was a smaller & friendlier community. Not to say there weren't any arguments. I try to stay out of those. If I'm wrong about something, I apologise.
I couldn't keep up with all the posts back then. Now I really can't. There are some that I check often like the music threads.
I try not to get too attached to members but it's difficult. Even if I don't PM with them I still read their posts and miss them when they go.
I still am grateful for this site. If it wasn't here I may have CTB long ago.

P.S.
Welcome back.:hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: chocolatebar, ithappens and Ame
sweetbraid

sweetbraid

Apr 15, 2018
Their is a large amount of very aggressive and rude people who are slowly turning the site into an echo chamber. Any difference of opinion isn't tolerated.

A lot of those who helped others and created insightful posts have left this year sadly.

In short, the compassion is mostly gone in my experience. Maybe it's because of covid but throughout society people are unloading their toxicity on others. This forum included. You have to very careful not to get affected.
agree

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
I wouldn't count it out. I've taken breaks from the forum and coming back is always a transition. You just meet new people. If you feel like everyone's new, you can just reintroduce yourself, or catch us up!

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
i think Google is ruining this site. back in 2018, 2019 when i searched for "suicide methods" i got this website in the results. since this is the only website for that then this website should be in search results for specific suicide methods especially sn and others. recently when i googled "suicide methods" this website is not in the results ( so it's delliberately hidden by those at Google), instead i get a lot of pro-life garbage websites and help lines . so these are censored manufactured results by those controlling monsters at google .they control the internet and what you think is real. that is not reality ,. in reality this website should come up in results. so they are creating a false reality and trying to brain wash us and control us and hiding info on methods and this website. the power of google is growing and already too much. they control youtube android and other crap. those at Google decided that suicide is no good and so that it should be hidden from people. i type for info looking to commit suicide on methods and they put a big "GET HELP!" in huge font saying your insane get help you don't want to commit suicide. well they don't know my life and they don't know or care how i or someone else can get into a trap where they will be in extreme torture and need to ctb not a phone number to a suicide help line and a whole bunch of pro-life cliche garbage. google is just one more reason to ctb.

Google has so much power that they can ruin any website and so are ruining many including this one and any website that deals with suicide from a pro-choice viewpoint.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: yive, not-2-b-the-answer, chocolatebar and 3 others