Sheepgobaa

Sheepgobaa

Aug 23, 2023
I have tried multiple times to explain to my family the state I am in all throughout hs. They'd say theyd get me help if I really felt like I needed it then when I'd say I do need it they'd get mad or tell me to just talk to my aunt because she's a doctor.
I don't fully resent my family for this because I'm aware of the stigma any form of mental health issues carries, and I know people especially in my town and the rest of my family like to gossip a lot, so maybe even if I got some form of help I would have ended up worse then I am now.
But I can't help but be mad that they didn't even try, if they took me to a therapist when I first asked maybe I wouldn't feel as hopeless about it now

*I apologise if this doesn't make much sense, English isn't my first language

Reactions: SSamGarrison
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I know how you feel, I've had a non-existing parenting when I was younger and I would have needed therapy but didn't get it, and now I'm here.
All I can tell you tho is that it's ultimately your life the one you're putting on the line. So ctbing just to make others feel bad is not the way to go about the whole situation.

Reactions: Sheepgobaa
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
It's nearly always the parents.

Reactions: Sheepgobaa and MatrixPrisoner
F

Faith_No_more

Sep 30, 2023
My parents are pyschpaths. Made me glad to move thousands of miles out west. I'm sorry they don't understand your pain. Most people shouldn't bring kids into the world.

C

cookies

Jul 2, 2023
I can totally relate to that feeling.

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I have tried multiple times to explain to my family the state I am in all throughout hs. They'd say theyd get me help if I really felt like I needed it then when I'd say I do need it they'd get mad or tell me to just talk to my aunt because she's a doctor.
I don't fully resent my family for this because I'm aware of the stigma any form of mental health issues carries, and I know people especially in my town and the rest of my family like to gossip a lot, so maybe even if I got some form of help I would have ended up worse then I am now.
But I can't help but be mad that they didn't even try, if they took me to a therapist when I first asked maybe I wouldn't feel as hopeless about it now

*I apologise if this doesn't make much sense, English isn't my first language
I mean my family flat out abandoned me after being a victim of a crime whilst in medical school..... So.... They definitely deserve most of the blame because they put the less in useless. The governments at play and the lack of desire by society to help second most. And the people who did it third most only because people commit crimes all the time. It doesn't make it right. It is up to society to correct it and stop people from doing it and to make things right. I'm not sure what the opposite is.... But that's what happened.... That said blame really only matters if people care. They don't. My life means nothing. No person thinks of me as a person let alone someone of value.... I'm just seen as a piece of shit to the world....

For the record the biggest crock of shit is the old adage it takes strength to ask for help and you will get it. Yeah I did ask for help.... Society just said fuck you.