hippiepowers

hippiepowers

Jan 23, 2023
My parents are unfit to raise children and have neglected me my entire life- and now they are ruining any chance I have for a happy future.

they are so fucking horrible with money that they've managed to secure a $100,000 yearly income but somehow only have $2000 in their savings. They buy useless extravagant shit constantly. I am (or, would be) a first gen college student and because none of my siblings went to college and despite my years of begging they never thought to put a penny away for me to do anything with my life except for work an entry level job

I can't afford to go anywhere for school this fall and thus I am forced to live another year in this hell hole of a house they've forced to become my home

I can recognize my privilege in having a house and food and clothes and a family but Jesus Christ it's so irresponsible to have children without providing them any opportunities. They scream that they never wanted to go to college and therefore I shouldn't want to. But I have to wonder, shouldn't you want better for your children? I can't understand how having a 100,000 income, even with debt, even with bills, how the hell can you feel good dumping thousands of dollars into stupid shit (rv, golf carts, four wheelers, dirt bikes) while living with $2000 in savings and not being able to send your son to college. With their income being America's idea of middle class, I can't even get any good scholarships. I will never escape this. I have lost and always be

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it's so cruel forcing life into this horrible world, especially when the person is treat badly, it's so awful how humans create so much unnecessary suffering, it must be really dreadful feeling trapped in that situation.

Reactions: hippiepowers
sad_dude

sad_dude

PLS LET ME OUT LET ME OUT AAAAAAAH
Nov 25, 2022
Same, same, ://
Few more moments and preparations, and we could out of here.

Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I'm angry at your parents on your behalf. The behaviors you mentioned- screaming, irresponsible spending, and neglect are a lot for kids (of any age) to deal. with. Speaking from experience. It really sucks that you are stuck at home instead of going away to college like you want to.

As someone who has my own student debt to deal with, I hate recommending this, but have you talked to an advisor or college counselor about loans or other options to pay for school? You may qualify for grants or scholarship options despite your parents income. Idk but I hope there is someone with knowledge in this area that you can turn to. There may be ways to work around your parents selfishness and immaturity (I'm projecting, sorry). I hope you can find your way out of their grasp and make it to college.