N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I don't know all their Methods. My roommate is a good guy and I am Glad I share the room with him. He started Smoking again in the clinic. He is sort of religious and thinks suicide is a sin. Yesterday He tried to cut his wrist with a dirty glass of a broken bottle. I think it was rather a harmless attempt but I certainly won't lecture him or them in what works.

Today an elderly woman rejected to drink water. The doctor came and talked to her. I think they were Kind of disrespectful to her. But I also wonder why they choose such methods. It is logical that they will force her to Drink when she in a clinic for suicidal people.

Tbh I suspect that some patients have brain damage already. There Was a really weird goth girl. She was very friendly to me I am so sorry for her.

Either she is an ECT Patient or she has brain damage was my first thought. Many here seem to get ECT.

Weird clinic.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Sannti, Unknown21, fleetingnight and 7 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Good luck and I hope they treat you well there! You don't deserve all this suffering you have to go through. đź«‚

• Love
Reactions: Unknown21, wren-briar, Tonkpils and 1 other person
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
But I also wonder why they choose such methods. It is logical that they will force her to Drink when she in a clinic for suicidal people.
Desperation causes people to do strange things. And not every suicidal person does things solely for the intent to die. Self harm and suicidality often go hand in hand, so what may seem like an attempt to die may only be self harm or a combination of the two. The mind is a funny thing.

• Informative
Reactions: willow115, wren-briar, pulleditnearlyoff and 2 others
K

Kali_Yuga13

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
Either she is an ECT Patient or she has brain damage was my first thought. Many here seem to get ECT.

Weird clinic.
The institutions are big on ECT these days. It's pretty much all they can offer if the pill cocktails don't work. Kind of scary.

• Informative
Reactions: cracklingroses, wren-briar and BlackEyedDog
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2024
ECT gave me a lot of memory loss. Fuck ECT

• Aww..
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: willow115, LostSoul1965, Kali_Yuga13 and 3 others
cracklingroses

cracklingroses

Sep 10, 2023
ECT gave me a lot of memory loss. Fuck ECT
Same. They put me through 10 rounds when I was just 16. I went with a girl who just barely turned 13. I think it is a horrible treatment for anyone and a crime but especially a crime to coerce children into it when they definitely are not allowed or able to make that decision for themselves. I have been really fucked up from ECT and years of psychiatric medical negligence. I hate the psychiatric industry. I've noticed the people in the hospital who "liked" the ECT were lonely older people who were addicted to the attention they got from hospital staff and the ECT allowed them to be frequent patients and stay for treatment longer. It was really sad. I especially remember talking to an older woman who lived alone but just gushed about ECT and her doctor. The extent of her cognitive impairment was damning. It reminded me of me when I was younger being abused by the system. She was either brainwashed or desperate to back those treatments up. I also think she was so far gone that she didn't really know what she was agreeing to.

• Aww..
Reactions: Tonkpils, willow115, wren-briar and 2 others
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
ect does have some benefits when it works for those recieving, it's one of the ways people can be helped through major benzo dependency and other pharmaceuticals/neurological issues. but we can't know ahead of time exactly how well it will work sadly.

i was put on a 72 hr hold at a psych ward when i specifically said i didn't want to die, i just read a book in the hall and listened to the staff discuss others cases to figure out wtf i was surrounded by. passively observing the desperation in some patients to try to do anything to escape despite it being an obvious fail method (screws from beds, sharpened plastic, stashing meds etc) i really think the clinics can worsen behavior for some due to feeling trapped but i also understand wanting to do anything in my power to stop some 16 yo kid whos barely experienced life from offing themselves in a fit of rage. treatment doesnt have to be pretty, just statistically effective.

Reactions: gardenfairy
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I hope everything goes well. Are you hoping to get anything out of iut, or to get out quickly? (If you want to say)

Those methods sound like they're out of desperation to me.

DeadNotSleeping

DeadNotSleeping

Just an absolute mess.
Oct 7, 2024
Also have to keep in mind that the average person gets introduced to suicide vie the media. Movie/tv and whatnot. If I hadn't come here when I did I'd had just assumed I could easily cut my wrist and things would be over. Knowing how futile some methods are is an absolute blessing.

Eole2.0

Eole2.0

Till I die
Aug 27, 2024
What kind of clinic let people use glass bottle ? 🙄
Suicidal people do what they think available when they feel trapped. If I will be trap in a psych ward maybe i'll try everything I Can Do to exit

willow115

willow115

Oct 9, 2024
It's self harm. It just gives you a moment to feel in control of the situation. Something to numb you out.

cracklingroses

cracklingroses

Sep 10, 2023
ect does have some benefits when it works for those recieving, it's one of the ways people can be helped through major benzo dependency and other pharmaceuticals/neurological issues. but we can't know ahead of time exactly how well it will work sadly.

i was put on a 72 hr hold at a psych ward when i specifically said i didn't want to die, i just read a book in the hall and listened to the staff discuss others cases to figure out wtf i was surrounded by. passively observing the desperation in some patients to try to do anything to escape despite it being an obvious fail method (screws from beds, sharpened plastic, stashing meds etc) i really think the clinics can worsen behavior for some due to feeling trapped but i also understand wanting to do anything in my power to stop some 16 yo kid whos barely experienced life from offing themselves in a fit of rage. treatment doesnt have to be pretty, just statistically effective.
Have you benefitted from ECT? I personally think the extent of cognitive impairment and memory loss it causes is not worth any sort of "benefit" people may perceive to experience. I think once we stop justifying the barbaric and ancient psychiatric treatments that continue to cause harm and keep patients for life, then we can actually find solutions that don't cause horrific physical and mental side effects.
Have you benefitted from ECT? I personally think the extent of cognitive impairment and memory loss it causes is not worth any sort of "benefit" people may perceive to experience. I think once we stop justifying the barbaric and ancient psychiatric treatments that continue to cause harm and keep patients for life, then we can actually find solutions that don't cause horrific physical and mental side effects.
The only thing that has changed through the decades of ECT treatment is how they finally use anesthesia. Did you know it is still not even FDA approved and even has a black box warning? Society thinks just because people don't thrash from the treatments anymore that they are now suddenly safe. I personally believe we can find safer solutions when we stop justifying these "treatments" that only hurt people