Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
We're all told how much pain it would cause those around us when we ctb, how selfish it is and whatever. We're guilted into feeling like we must just go on and endure a painful hopeless life for ourselves while it's also having stiff like "live your life to fullest" and "take control of our lives" but we are denied making the decision of when we feel we have lived life to fullest we could. When we say we have taken all that life has offered, and we are full. Why is can't someone choose to die when they are suffering, but keeping an animal alive so it doesn't suffer is seen as inhumane. They say it's temporary, or that it will pass, but also that no one knows the future. I'm aware of people that will hurt from me ctb. But what about all the people I could hurt if I stay. I don't mean physically or violently. I mean the toll getting help for mental illness can take on finances. I mean the how being around a person who'd depressed can affect someone else, their confidence, and how they go through life. There's the emotional harm of being in a relationship with someone like me. There's the emotional abuse and neglect that would happen if I told myself maybe starting a family will make life feel worth it. There so many ways I can fuck up someone else life if I'm forced to live a life that I don't want, just like how attending an event or going on a trip with someone that doesn't want to be there can ruin any enjoyment you could have gotten out of. I'm told to seek help, for things that they don't have a full-proof method of treating. While death can bring pain, people are aware there are places to seek help for grieving. I want to tell people instead of telling me to get help for something called treatment-resistant depression, why don't they just seek bereavement therapy for when I die. They've got a better chance at getting better than I do. Anyone that's been to therapy has heard or been told that they need to "do the work" and actively participate if they want to get better, so how can you expect someone to improve when they don't want to try. You a doctor might be able to force someone to receive treatment for physical illness, but you can't force someone to meditate, positive, and have hope.

• Love
Reactions: Eurus, ready 2 go, Dimension369963 and 3 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
It's the hope that's the point, people who love you will have hope that you'll get better, when you're dead that's gone for them

N

NotGonnaLast

Wizard
Mar 31, 2020
Yeah well they can keep hoping that it will bring me back but I honestly believe that most if not all of my adult family will actually feel varying degrees of relief that I am no longer here. I don't think they actually like me

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I want to tell people instead of telling me to get help for something called treatment-resistant depression, why don't they just seek bereavement therapy for when I die.

I love this.

And if the need comes up in conversation, I hope you'll use it. If that doesn't wake someone up to the fact their in an illusion and spouting myths, then I don't think anything will.

Reactions: PrettyMoose
ssaaahmo

ssaaahmo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
i'm staying for now because three of my siblings have died and I don't want my four siblings who are alive to wonder "why did she have to be number four?"