Moburin 29

Moburin 29

Just a random background character
Sep 17, 2023
Sorry guys, really needed to share it with somebody.

So most people with who I communicate are pretty normal and seemingly nice. And I can't get used to the fact how ignorant and not empathetic they are.

One person was telling story about guy drinking to the extent when it's clear he can die from overdose. You know what my acquaintance did? He just left poor fella, even seeing he is struggling at the corner and nobody is going to help him. I understand that they didn't know well each other, but come on, it's inhuman.

Other acquaintance was telling the story about his "weird" ex-classmate. Dialogue looked literary like this:
- Most of the classmates laughed at him.
- So you were bullying him?
- No no, of course not. We were laughing BEHIND his back.
- You know it doesn't make it okay, right? So what so strange did he do?
- He was cutting palms of his hands. We were joking about him having bloody paсts.
- You know that it looks like cry for help? How can this be funny?
- You don't understand, you weren't there. It was pretty funny.

We all do mistakes that we regret. I am anything but saint. But the guy, who told this, is in his mid twenties and he still doesn't think there was a problem with what he did.

And as a cherry on top, I heard a guy mocking suicidal people today. This entitled person, from good family, with lots of friends and good relationship with parents, thought it would be a good idea.

I am so tired from all of this. Somebody, please, give me at least some faith in humanity. The thought that most people can be like this scares the shit out off me.

• Hugs
Reactions: finalkarma, M.O.N, TheGoodGuy and 2 others
turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
this has to be 1 of the truest posts i hv seen in a while, ppl nowadays lack so much empathy to the point it is actually upsetting ppl sometimes even go out of their way to make fun of some1 who is clearly struggling just to gain some laughs

Reactions: Moburin 29
Moburin 29

Moburin 29

Sep 17, 2023
I know right? I would expect something like this from kids, who lack experience and understanding. But grown-ass adults? It's just sad.

rosegoldmoon

rosegoldmoon

fulltime nihilist
Sep 18, 2023
Ohh I know this feeling a little too well.
I literally can't comprehend how cruel and insensitive humans can be. Losing faith in humanity is a daily thing for me, too.

Sometimes I think, that I have too much empathy. Everything hurts me. Every little thing. I almost can't bear reading some of these threads on here. I can just feel all the pain of these lovely, hurting souls. My desire is to help as much people as possible on here. That's all I want to do. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: M.O.N and Moburin 29
Moburin 29

Moburin 29

Sep 17, 2023
Ohh I know this feeling a little too well.
I literally can't comprehend how cruel and insensitive humans can be. Losing faith in humanity is a daily thing for me, too.

Sometimes I think, that I have too much empathy. Everything hurts me. Every little thing. I almost can't bear reading some of these threads on here. I can just feel all the pain of these lovely, hurting souls. My desire is to help as much people as possible on here. That's all I want to do. :(

Well, I guess my prayers for at least some hope didn't go in nowhere. You seem like a really kind person šŸ˜Š

• Hugs
Reactions: rosegoldmoon
finalkarma

finalkarma

Aug 17, 2023
its sad to know people can act this way, especially with no remorse. im glad you pointed out that something like cutting isnt funny and is serious. i hope they can look back and see that what they did was wrong. even just a shred of empathy can go a long way...

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm not even surprised that people are acting in such a way, humans truly are the worst species and there is simply no limit as to how cruel they can be.

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too longā€¦
Jul 4, 2023
Sadly bullies and children don't change because they grow up. I worked in a prison where those type of people comprised of about 40% of the staff and 1/4 of them were supervisors and management. Bad staff would bully inmates to the point of pissing them off and walk away. The next staff, possibly a good person, to come by would be attacked. Rarely you'd hear of a staff being attacked and it was because they were a bully.

You have to look really hard to find good, but can find bad everywhere. Easily.

I used to look and find good people easily. Until people's dirty secrets came out. Like Mother Teresa and Gandi to name a couple.

People tend to do what's easiest instead of what's right.