LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Jul 11, 2024
As human beings, we like to think ourselves to be above all else, and often mistake ourselves for higher beings, when, in fact, we're nothing more than a questionably smart monkey.

If a human and animal were to both suffer a significant life-changing injury resulting in loss of autonomy, the animal would promptly be put out of its misery, whilst the human would be stabilized and have to endure a lifetime of agony (unless they were able to access euthanasia, which isn't easily accessible).

It's a shame that human life is held to such a high degree, mostly due to religious beliefs.

• Love
Reactions: Joarga, sserafim, betternever2havbeen and 11 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
It's ironic that we see ourselves as superior, yet we force humans to endure suffering that we'd never allow an animal to go through.

Reactions: Joarga, sserafim, betternever2havbeen and 12 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Personally I just see human existence as a mistake, one so tragic and terrible which just caused endless amounts of harm and suffering, to me it just feels so cruel how I cannot just have the option to painlessly die to escape from this futile existence that just leads to decay and death anyway, the absence of euthanasia even know there is literally no limit as to how much agony one can feel is horrific to me.

Reactions: Joarga, sserafim, Fall_Apart and 5 others
FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
Well, as a counter point: depends on how much the owner liked the animal, if it were a pet. Some pets are kept alive long past their deathday, and live miserable. So maybe god really does love us, his pets.

• Hmph!
Reactions: ihateearth, LifeQuitter and geogaddi_676
geogaddi_676

geogaddi_676

Jul 12, 2023
I agree, humans have always had an ego but today with social media and how spoiled we are relative to other animals and our ancestors, its grown to demi-God like proportions. The wisest and kindest humans are mostly quiet, humble and thoughtful, however its a shame that the loudest and most opinionated seem to get the most attention and gain the most influence (sorry to over-generalise). I love that death is the great leveller and soon we will all be dust and ashes, I really feel like humanity needs knocking down a few pegs given how we are treating the planet and each other, its coming whether we like it or not.

Reactions: sserafim, Trav1989, pthnrdnojvsc and 5 others
lawlietsph

lawlietsph

can we be done here
May 6, 2023
I agree. I was just thinking about this right now - I'm breathing, eating, sleeping, etc. and it all feels soooo wrong. Like I eat something and it's not like "ohno I'll be fat" but more like wtf, why, it doesn't make any sense, my existence is worthless, so why the hell am I eating?
I truly believe animals have more of a meaningful life than we humans do. I don't want to think, or do anything.
It's so fucked up, we are horrible creatures and we cause nothing but pain, misery and suffering. We do this to each other, and it seems like everyone is just accepting it.
I'm really confused now.

Reactions: sserafim, Trav1989, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree, humanity isn't valuable at all. I don't value human lives at all. At the end of the day, humans really are primitive and tribalistic. Humans are nothing but animals in terms of how they act and behave. It's so funny at how some people get offended at being called an animal yet that's all humans really are at the end of the day. Humans have never transcended animals and never will in terms of how we behave. Humans only transcend animals in terms of sapience and we don't even use that well since humans are psychopathic and use their sapience to generate as many wage slaves as possible

• Love
Reactions: Trav1989, pthnrdnojvsc, geogaddi_676 and 3 others
sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
i'd rather be one of those insects that don't feel any pain. or a little jellyfish. being human isn't the best of the best like humans claim. there are creatures out there that can't even feel pain. must be nice eh. being a fuckihn worm would be preferable šŸ› if i were to choose

Reactions: LifeQuitter and Trav1989
T

Trav1989

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Personally I just see human existence as a mistake, one so tragic and terrible which just caused endless amounts of harm and suffering, to me it just feels so cruel how I cannot just have the option to painlessly die to escape from this futile existence that just leads to decay and death anyway, the absence of euthanasia even know there is literally no limit as to how much agony one can feel is horrific to me.
Yep, a mistake of catastrophic proportions. We are a deeply flawed race ran by our egos and vying for control in a chaotic world and ironically creating more chaos in the process.

If a massive asteroid hit this planet we inhabit such would be the biggest blessing to occur in millions of years.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 3 others
sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
Yep, a mistake of catastrophic proportions. We are a deeply flawed race ran by our egos and vying for control in a chaotic world and ironically creating more chaos in the process.

If a massive asteroid hit this planet we inhabit such would be the biggest blessing to occur in millions of years.
it makes me laugh that all humans will go extinct one day. cus it's so unbelievable to imagine. so much ego and so much running around and we are still gonna get wiped. all of us. and there's also something calming about this thought. everyone i love/d, even from a distance will rest in peace and in heaven, in safety, and no good person will be harmed again. or will be created to be harmed again. this thought, calmed me down now. it all ends for the better regardless. what i'm doing isn't weird. we'll all be there, dead. i'm not sticking out like a sore thumb. we'll all be equal and the same one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter, sserafim, divinemistress36 and 3 others
Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
it makes me laugh that all humans will go extinct one day. cus it's so unbelievable to imagine. so much ego and so much running around and we are still gonna get wiped. all of us. and there's also something calming about this thought. everyone i love/d, even from a distance will rest in peace and in heaven, in safety, and no good person will be harmed again. or will be created to be harmed again. this thought, calmed me down now. it all ends for the better regardless. what i'm doing isn't weird. we'll all be there, dead. i'm not sticking out like a sore thumb. we'll all be equal and the same one day.

I have another expectation. Soon the improvement in medical science will cause life extension to start outpacing aging. And this will mean that effectively people will start to live forever. Only the people with power and money of course.

And once that happens, their grasp on money and power will be never ending. We will have a small group of immortal elites and a planet full of dying subjects.

Reactions: Jarni, LifeQuitter, sserafim and 1 other person
sevennn

sevennn

Experienced
Sep 11, 2024
I have another expectation. Soon the improvement in medical science will cause life extension to start outpacing aging. And this will mean that effectively people will start to live forever. Only the people with power and money of course.

And once that happens, their grasp on money and power will be never ending. We will have a small group of immortal elites and a planet full of dying subjects.
the sun will blow up and long before that the planet will be uninhabitable anyway. it's not possible for humans to be immortal in any scenario, no getting out of it