redkitsune98

redkitsune98

Sep 2, 2024
I'm not really sure how to tackle the subject. I need to provide comfort for the people in my life and explain my reasons but I'm afraid I won't be able to properly express myself. Is there any strategies that could be used?

P

pokerkitty

Apr 17, 2024
As wrong as it may sound, I find it better to be somewhat disingenuous. Start by writing a "real" letter: The one that shows your real feelings and reasons for CTB. This one is for you, to make it feel like you've gotten all of the words out.

Now burn that one, delete the file, whatever. Now this is about your loved ones. When they find you, they're no doubt going to be incredibly distraught. What would be most comforting to them?

That's what I plan to do, at least.

• Love
Reactions: littleinsanity, themummyreturns and uglyugly
uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
I don't have any really good advice,, but if I was going to do that, I'd be myself and speak my mind in full.

The thing is, I won't be writing one. I figure if no one listens to me and gets it when I am alive, they sure aren't going to listen to my words or get me when I'm gone. Plus, I think it's nearly impossible to explain pain so intense that a person needs to ctb to alleviate it. Most people are never in that position, so they don't understand those who are. All the words I have to explain it are not going to make them understand.

But I am most certainly not trying to tell you not to write a letter. Whatever you need to do to bring you peace, which I hope you find no matter what road you take.

T

themummyreturns

Sep 2, 2024
As wrong as it may sound, I find it better to be somewhat disingenuous. Start by writing a "real" letter: The one that shows your real feelings and reasons for CTB. This one is for you, to make it feel like you've gotten all of the words out.

Now burn that one, delete the file, whatever. Now this is about your loved ones. When they find you, they're no doubt going to be incredibly distraught. What would be most comforting to them?

That's what I plan to do, at least.

This is so spot on!

I could blame so many people for using me then abandoning me, snatching away what I cared about the most, ruining my mental health etc.

But I think I'll just say words to the effect that no-one should be sad, rather be happy that I'm no longer a tortured soul within my own head, and that I'm at peace.