• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
For my current project I'm posting/sharing a PDF which is related in both ways to recovery and ctb-ing. Now, I know a sum of members hare have justified concerns for unsecure PDFs, and I wanted to see if I could clear it by. My current plan is to use Firefox Send as a file holder. It is the best there seems to be, it is fully transparent with full legal documentation and privacy, only direct access, encryption, and they do not access it themselves at all. After that, I'll post along with it scan results from the Kasperky Threat Intelligent Portal (opentip.kasperky.com,) for safety confirmation. However, my current problem is with the conversion. Due to technical errors, I am unable to use any any software that is downloaded, only online based. The only current converter which is even remotely "secure" is easypdf. However, they do access it during conversion, which some may see as privacy flaw. The actual access they do seem to be insignificant, the only data they save is file name, file size, and other very mild details which are unrelated to the actual content. I've tried changing the extension of the file by renaming, but it came out corrupt. Does anyone have any alternatives for privacy converting .odt to .pdf, or Is the current plan alright? Thanks for any help!

Reactions: faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
For my current project I'm posting/sharing a PDF which is related in both ways to recovery and ctb-ing. Now, I know a sum of members hare have justified concerns for unsecure PDFs, and I wanted to see if I could clear it by. My current plan is to use Firefox Send as a file holder. It is the best there seems to be, it is fully transparent with full legal documentation and privacy, only direct access, encryption, and they do not access it themselves at all. After that, I'll post along with it scan results from the Kasperky Threat Intelligent Portal (opentip.kasperky.com,) for safety confirmation. However, my current problem is with the conversion. Due to technical errors, I am unable to use any any software that is downloaded, only online based. The only current converter which is even remotely "secure" is easypdf. However, they do access it during conversion, which some may see as privacy flaw. The actual access they do seem to be insignificant, the only data they save is file name, file size, and other very mild details which are unrelated to the actual content. I've tried changing the extension of the file by renaming, but it came out corrupt. Does anyone have any alternatives for privacy converting .odt to .pdf, or Is the current plan alright? Thanks for any help!
Hello, there is no need to convert anything, you may simply take the existing pdf file on your pc and edit the text if you care about privacy.
Or e.g. write everything in text editor, then copy and paste to pdf editor.
You can even create your own PDF and type everything there.

PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
Hello, there is no need to convert anything, you may simply take the existing pdf file on your pc and edit the text if you care about privacy.
Or e.g. write everything in text editor, then copy and paste to pdf editor.
You can even create your own PDF and type everything there.
There would be issues with the editor not recognizing citations, but that's a good idea. I've just had experience with people being very careful, rightfully so, with unsecure documents. I'd have to manually input all the citations, but I could probably circumvent that. Feeling like an idiot right now:)), thanks for the help.

RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
If you're concerned about privacy, download Openoffice Writer.

Open the odt file with Openoffice Writer, select File from the topbar menu, and then Export as PDF. Ta daaa, now you have your pdf and you don't have to worry about privacy concerns that come along with converting online through a website.

Reactions: autumnal
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
There would be issues with the editor not recognizing citations, but that's a good idea. I've just had experience with people being very careful, rightfully so, with unsecure documents. I'd have to manually input all the citations, but I could probably circumvent that. Feeling like an idiot right now:)), thanks for the help.
There is one more way - to make the text not recognized. PDF Freezer may help you, but if you do a research maybe you will find some more ways to make the text an image with unrecognized text :)

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Your IP address is kept for 90 days on Mozilla's servers. This may be a deal breaker for someone who is conscious on their anonymity, or suspect may be identified in some way.

Screen Shot 2020 03 30 at 93314 PM

Perhaps dumping the contents onto CryptPad would be a solution for you. The immediate problem about file conversion programs is that you're handing it to someone else. Those are insecure by nature. You seem conscious about your threat level, and for that reason, you may actually want to software on a machine if at all possible.

If you outline what exactly you are wanting I can direct a solution out for you. I was confused by the title alone ,and the contents of your post asking an entirely separate question too.

Reactions: autumnal
NotMeantForHere

NotMeantForHere

I want to go like Marilyn Monroe
Feb 6, 2020
Your IP address is kept for 90 days on Mozilla's servers. This may be a deal breaker for someone who is conscious on their anonymity, or suspect may be identified in some way.

View attachment 30559
Does this mean if you bought N with bitcoin using Tor and the police haven't visited you for 90 days they likely won't visit you at all?!:smiling:

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
You may want to read some of the points made here :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pph-dec-2019.30370/

anonfile or gofile.io seem to be reasonable upload sites.....

Last edited:
PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019

View attachment 30559

Perhaps dumping the contents onto CryptPad would be a solution for you. The immediate problem about file conversion programs is that you're handing it to someone else. Those are insecure by nature. You seem conscious about your threat level, and for that reason, you may actually want to software on a machine if at all possible.

If you outline what exactly you are wanting I can direct a solution out for you. I was confused by the title alone ,and the contents of your post asking an entirely separate question too.
From looking at their privacy policy (Cryptpad's, not Firefox's), I get this -
As an application that is hosted on the web, CryptPad has access to metadata exposed by the HTTP protocol. This includes your IP address, and various other HTTP headers that can be used to identify your particular browser. You can see what information your browser is sharing by visiting WhatIsMyBrowser.com.
Later on in the policy, it say's they collect your location. You can circumvent that via vpn or proxy, but you can do that with Firefox as well, presumably. Additionally, if you have no former registration with Mozilla, it wouldn't risk you. However, presuming you do have an account, perhaps I could find a reputable alternative. It doesn't log, but I think the principal is the primary thing being noted here, a lesser of two evil's, so to speak. I'll consider Cryptpad, thanks for the notice.

My question was if my plan was private enough for most users' purposes. And, what I could do to circumvent any flaws. There was an additional q for the conversion process, but I've found a solution to that. I was curious to see if some users were alright with the current plan, and if they had any concerns. However, I do see your concerns with Mozilla, as it does potentially give information to 3rd parties. I may use something like cryptpad or gofile, but I'd need to look for into it. Thanks for the help.
You may want to read some of the points made here :
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/pph-dec-2019.30370/

anonfile or gofile.io seem to be reasonable upload sites.....
My personal problem with anonfile is that it only has one terms of service, which both does not include any legal information, it does not explicitly share what information they may track, only they do not, "log files or downloads...." Additionally, they may be able to access the file due to them saying, "ban and/or terminate content we find inappropriate" Gofile seems like a pretty good candidate, I'd need to look for into it. Thanks for the notice.

Last edited: