snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
No matter what i do, I feel like everyone secretly hates me. All my life, I'm the one constantly asking people to hang out or do things and it's NEVER the other way around. Which makes me think do people even want to be around me? Every friendship feels one sided, so why are they friends with me? For pity? Am I just annoying af but nobody wants to say it? What am i doing wrong? I wish I could at least know so I can know I shouldn't be trying anymore or try to fix it. How do i remove this desire for social interaction? How many times do I need to lose friends and get hurt to realize I shouldn't make friends anymore? Is everyone just fake? The only real friends I had were when I first went to college and met my 2 now ex's who've become like everyone else, not giving a shit about me at all. I asked my friend from Ohio to lmk when they play my favorite game and they played it with another friend. They couldn't even tell me? I found out from a clip they showed me but didn't mention it. Eh...people are exhausting...I dont get it...why can't my stupid fucking brain realize I need to be alone? What part of the brain desires social interaction? I'll fucking stick a needle through it or something and destroy it, I don't want it anymore. I don't want to feel this emptiness anymore. It's with everyone, nobody is slightly interested in me and would rather move on without me, that's been a constant throughout my life, too consistent to be coincidence or something...I can tell now, even people I uber with dismiss things I say or try to end the conversation or don't try to continue it. I'm not fucking stupid. Everyone does it now. Like the weird kid nobody wants to hate but nobody wants to interact with. I hate myself so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Suicidebydeath and 9 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Same.
I've gone through the same thing ever since I was little. I'm a quiet and kind person, yet everyone treats me as though I'm some kind of weirdo. I just can't understand it. I feel like I'm an alien in society. I isolate myself nowadays and am happier for doing so.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LonelyKitten, IDoNotExist, Sannti and 1 other person
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
No matter what i do, I feel like everyone secretly hates me. All my life, I'm the one constantly asking people to hang out or do things and it's NEVER the other way around. Which makes me think do people even want to be around me? Every friendship feels one sided, so why are they friends with me? For pity? Am I just annoying af but nobody wants to say it? What am i doing wrong? I wish I could at least know so I can know I shouldn't be trying anymore or try to fix it. How do i remove this desire for social interaction? How many times do I need to lose friends and get hurt to realize I shouldn't make friends anymore? Is everyone just fake? The only real friends I had were when I first went to college and met my 2 now ex's who've become like everyone else, not giving a shit about me at all. I asked my friend from Ohio to lmk when they play my favorite game and they played it with another friend. They couldn't even tell me? I found out from a clip they showed me but didn't mention it. Eh...people are exhausting...I dont get it...why can't my stupid fucking brain realize I need to be alone? What part of the brain desires social interaction? I'll fucking stick a needle through it or something and destroy it, I don't want it anymore. I don't want to feel this emptiness anymore. It's with everyone, nobody is slightly interested in me and would rather move on without me, that's been a constant throughout my life, too consistent to be coincidence or something...I can tell now, even people I uber with dismiss things I say or try to end the conversation or don't try to continue it. I'm not fucking stupid. Everyone does it now. Like the weird kid nobody wants to hate but nobody wants to interact with. I hate myself so much.
Been there. I don't know what to say. People are awful. Unfortunately, you are unlikely to get rid of your desire for people. With one exception. If your only reason for human interaction is sexual... Then SSRIs will kill that and necessarily your need for human interaction. That said people need help in life. So you are creating a worse situation down the road. I wish I could help more but I'm kind of president ceo and all the cabinet members of this particular club.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and WAITING TO DIE
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
Its shitty when you have friends that treat you like trash.

I thought I got rid of the need for people a few years ago, but in reality I was using two distinct online communities as my social outlet. I didn't think that once I became less engaged in those communities I'd start feeling lonely (well that was one of the reasons I became lonely, there are few other reasons too). Online communities did help me with that.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
Imaginary friends maybe? Not the best idea, as i can't give you a tutorial. I've manifested some over a period of time and now I'm a lot more content with having no people in my life. I still get lonely. But I don't ever feel alone. Also, even though I can't make internet friends, it's satisfying having a conversation with a stranger even if it's once.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and WAITING TO DIE
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
We don't so the next best solution for myself at least is to just get rid of me! As it solves every other problem too and lord knows that's a large list

• Hugs
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
There're many neurodivergent people, including ones having autistic traits, and while there's nothing wrong with it, we come across as a bit "off", mildly weird. It puts people off. I would seek other ND people, who will have more tolerance and \re more likely to accept you the way you are. Don't think much into it.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Can you bring up how you feel? Sometimes people can be oblivious and wrapped up in their heads. If they're your real friends they should be receptive. If not then you were going to lose them at some point and you got to stand up for yourself.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
haibane

haibane

Reki
Sep 27, 2023
I definitely feel u, i always felt like i where annoying them even tho i considered them as friends. Its like an infinite circle of : no social interaction >so i try to make one but i always feel like im annoying them > so no social interaction. But now i just accepted that beings alone is not that bad

Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
I don't think it's entirely possible to completely remove your need for human interaction. This is something that I've intensely tried over the years. There is a reason that solitary confinement is considered a form of torture in the United Kingdom. Symptoms of psychosis start to develop as the weeks progress. For me it could be as early as five days or up to three weeks Eventually though I would start feeling incredibly unwell and paranoid. Reality itself would feel like it was starting to collapse on me and I couldn't trust what I was seeing.

Unfortunately in order for your brain and its chemistry to function correctly you need to consistently interact with other humans. This can maybe be slowed down a little bit by browsing the Internet a little bit and watching videos on Youtube but eventually even with all that it will start to affect humans adversely almost universally.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Have I died too soon or lived too long?
Oct 23, 2023
I don't think it's entirely possible to completely remove your need for human interaction. This is something that I've intensely tried over the years. There is a reason that solitary confinement is considered a form of torture in the United Kingdom. Symptoms of psychosis start to develop as the weeks progress. For me it could be as early as five days or up to three weeks Eventually though I would start feeling incredibly unwell and paranoid. Reality itself would feel like it was starting to collapse on me and I couldn't trust what I was seeing.

Unfortunately in order for your brain and its chemistry to function correctly you need to consistently interact with other humans. This can maybe be slowed down a little bit by browsing the Internet a little bit and watching videos on Youtube but eventually even with all that it will start to affect humans adversely almost universally.
True, you can't get rid of loneliness. It's like trying to get rid of hunger - it will keep coming back