Meimi18

Meimi18

I/Me/Myself
Nov 1, 2023
For self-harm

Cutting makes me so panicky I almost pass out, but the immediate relief afterwards is what I'm after
Would it be possible to numb the area with ice first so I don't feel anything? Or should I just buy some numbing cream?
Also, any tips on clean up?

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten and Praestat_Mori
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
I don't think numbing cream would work, and it may be bad to have near a cut.

This is what I do to make sure everything is clean. It's important to prevent infection.
  1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. There are tutorials on YouTube showing how doctors wash their hands before surgery. Do not wear gloves unless they are marketed as sterile and individually packaged.
  2. Wash the area(s) you plan to cut thoroughly with soap and water.
  3. Make sure your blade is sterile. It is extremely hard to actually disinfect a blade, so I recommend using something that has never been used before.
  4. After cutting, let warm water run over the area and use sterile gauze sponges (non-woven gauze is best) until the cut stops bleeding. If the area won't stop bleeding heavily, call emergency services or have someone drive you to the emergency room. Use a gauze sponge to apply and hold pressure to the cut while you wait for help. Cutting is not safe—obviously. There are many things that can go wrong if you cut too deep or hit a vulnerable area on accident. It is best for you to get help if this happens.
  5. Once the cut has stopped bleeding, apply pure petroleum jelly (Vaseline). This keeps the cut moisturized to promote healing. You shouldn't need an antiseptic if you've made sure everything was kept sterile. Simplicity is best for this.
  6. Cover the entire area with a sterile gauze pad and secure it with surgical tape.
  7. Remove and replace the bandages (wash your hands before) no less than twice a day. Repeat the process of running water over the cut, drying with gauze sponges, applying Vaseline, covering with a gauze pad, and securing with surgical tape.
I have to tell you that cutting is harmful and can be counterproductive to helping you mentally. Just try to be safe. đź’™

• Love
Reactions: Meimi18