• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I know this isn't the first thread on this exact topic but I am somewhat facing resistance because I have some fear in no longer being able to experience and no longer having thoughts, awareness, consciousness. In prior threads on this topic, users have said this may be a sign that you aren't ready to go, and to an extent, perhaps this is true for me. My reasons for wanting to leave are because I believe the future holds nothing for me due to excessive criminal prosecutions I faced for "crimes" I committed in high school. I know I can never amount to anything given my past. I'll never live the life I wanted. How can I take control back and overcome this fear?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: weepingfree, eternalappraiser, the-eternal and 12 others
Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
"Death is nothing to us. When we exist, death is not; and when death exists, we are not. All sensation and consciousness ends with death and therefore in death there is neither pleasure nor pain. The fear of death arises from the belief that in death, there is awareness." - Epicurus

• Love
Reactions: ksp, 0utsider, weepingfree and 21 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
My reasons for wanting to leave are because I believe the future holds nothing for me due to excessive criminal prosecutions I faced for "crimes" I committed in high school

Are those records not sealed due to you having been a minor? They should have no impact on you as an adult. Am I incorrect about this?

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
What were your crimes?

As for the nonexistence, watch this video.

• Love
Reactions: ERASED and virginiawoolf86
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Are those records not sealed due to you having been a minor? They should have no impact on you as an adult. Am I incorrect about this?
They waited to sentence me until after I completed high school and attained the age of 18.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I'm really sorry about your situation, it does suck that people's lives can be shaped by things they did when they were kids.

Have you looked into programs that help people in your situation, and/or as posters mentioned above, having the records sealed? I think there's more resources than ever before right now to help with this and more incentives for employers to hire people who have marks on their past.

Reactions: ERASED
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
thing is loads of people pro are not ready to go, but may go, I don't believe in if Survival instinct wins then you are not ready, our minds are strong bastards, they play games with us, I believe go with our heart and soul, those 2 things are natural and not twisted by society's perfections

Reactions: ERASED, ActualLesbian and iDieUDie80
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
I'm really sorry about your situation, it does suck that people's lives can be shaped by things they did when they were kids.

Have you looked into programs that help people in your situation, and/or as posters mentioned above, having the records sealed? I think there's more resources than ever before right now to help with this and more incentives for employers to hire people who have marks on their past.
Currently I'm on probation and have never ever been able to land a job. I have only managed to find employment due to a business operated by my family. Previously I sought work through a temp agency. And there are nonsensical restrictions as to where I can work.

Probation is temporary and in time my felony conviction will be expunged, but it's still all a joke to me (all other convictions will still remain). My judge told me himself that I "will never be accepted by society at-large". Am I really supposed to believe nobody will be able to discover this, or the public documents regarding my case which are equally terrible? I can do nothing with my name and my body because they are both tarnished.

Reactions: ActualLesbian
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
The fear of death has always bothered me too. I have it and I hate it. It makes no sense because:
1. Everybody dies whether suicidal or not. Why fear the inevitable? Yet the majority do.

2. Death is not something that we experience. It's merely the end of existence. After dying we remember nothing, know nothing and feel nothing.

Why do we fear it, really, even when life has become unbearable?

Last edited:
Reactions: weepingfree, Journeytoletgo, ActualLesbian and 3 others
lonelyhouse

lonelyhouse

Jun 30, 2020
It really depends on the jurisdiction. In the US, you can apply for youthful offender status until a certain age. If the crime is particularly heinous, or if the judge is just in a bad mood, then the judge doesn't have the grant YO status.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This resource is hands down the best I've read on this subject.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/ways-of-making-peace-with-dying.5212/

Reactions: eternalappraiser and Joey
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
The fear of death has always bothered me too. I have it and I hate it. It makes no sense because:
1. Everybody dies whether suicidal or not. Why fear the inevitable? Yet the majority do.

2. Death is not something that we experience. It's merely the end of existence. After dying we remember nothing, know nothing and feel nothing.

Existence and experience is all we know. To lose that is probably reasonably a frightening thing.

Reactions: PurpleVoid, Fml, Thinking and 2 others
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
But how is that possible? With the absence of existence and experience there is no fear.

Reactions: Stavrogin
T

Talokin

May 17, 2019

Ugh. I think I partially fear not being able to experience the relief of being dead.

Reactions: PurpleVoid, Crows, die2live and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
All those people who have died and come back seem to much prefer the other side to this one and they didn't want to come back.

When they were brought back to life it was a terrible disappointment to again enter the body. I've done a lot of reading on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: ithappens and iDieUDie80
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
When you are dead you will experience NOTHING. Even if reincarnation is possible you will remember nothing of your past life...

Reactions: Crows, parasytes_, Astral316 and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Even if reincarnation is possible you will remember nothing of your past life...
I think you do remember it until you are once again born into a new body. That's one reason babies cry, they have the terrible shock of being born again. Imagine their horror. How many thousands of times have we gone through this? The suffering.

A

andresantosfx

Jul 1, 2020
I think you do remember it until you are once again born into a new body. That's one reason babies cry, they have the terrible shock of being born again. Imagine their horror. How many thousands of times have we gone through this? The suffering.

Exactly. I'm an atheist, but I like to read what religions says about the afterlife. Spiritualism says that when we suicide we go to a kind of hospital on the other side and apparently the kind of person that you were on earth counts a lot. If you are a bad person, Spiritualism says that you'll suffer a lot. But either way, on the other side, we'll remember about our lives on earth and about our ctb. And also we would have to wait the initial programmed time to reborn again.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
And also we would have to wait the initial programmed time to reborn again.
So if you've read about Buddhism you know that the goal is to stop being reborn and you do this by becoming enlightened. I take it that means in a sense having your eyes opened to what this life is really about which is suffering, and not craving or being attached to anything about it. So you see this for the ****hole trap that it is. And more than that, seeing it for just a hideous repeating nightmare, based on our thoughts and deeds.

I think we choose who to be born to and what our cross to bear will be also, based on what we are most attached to in our previous life, and we try to learn to do without that attachment.

Last edited:
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
So if you've read about Buddhism you know that the goal is to stop being reborn and you do this by becoming enlightened. I take it that means in a sense having your eyes opened to what this life is really about which is suffering, and not craving or being attached to anything about it. So you see this for the ****hole trap that it is. And more than that, seeing it for just a hideous repeating nightmare, based on our thoughts and deeds.

I think we choose who to be born to and what our cross to bear will be also, based on what we are most attached to in our previous life, and we try to learn to do without that attachment.
well put. I don't believe that faith in a god has anything to do with reincarnation. It is a fact of life. Life and death; death and life.

Yes, words of true wisdom, perhaps it is merely case of instinctual drive, yes? Perhaps cancel culture is needed for anyone fearing death. This post of yours asks the difficult questions, for which there appears no answer. This questioning reminds me of similar speculations by the French philosopher George Battaille. For me, at least I know that I will again, whether it be in another body, or as quantum physics suggests in another multiverse as myself. Trust me, death is not the end. I realized all of this when In Benares, India, where the dead set into river and set aflame. What struck Me more was that, a mere ten feet or so away, Children were playing in water carrying cinders in its wake. Laughing and joying good time. Life in death; death in life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung and CarbonMonoxide
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
Humbly stated, post consciousness, for me at least, doesn't exist. Your consciousness belongs to you forever, whether it be in a new body or new universe. You own "you" forever. This ultimately has nothing to do with gods or divine beings; this life, to me, is about dissolving attachment. At least "you" know that, in your next life, you will be letting go of attachments, no matter what they are. This is called "a life lived".

P

Paralyzed boy

May 7, 2020
To chime I think the more I have started to plot more throughly the more comfortable you can psychologically train yourself to accept death. In simplest of terms I think that death can be-reframed to make you less anxious about what happens after.

I guess wanting to CTB most primarily due to health problems, I view death not as something to fear and a total lost or lost conciousness but I view the end of my conciouness as something beautiful and something natural; as if you're rejoining the universe. For me I have been able to maintain composure And reduce anxiety in just reframing it in that way; and in most simplest terms think about it as just going to sleep and not waking up! Now that doesn't sound as bad does it? Because of my debilitating health conditions and deteriorating conditions I view death and the end of consciousness with open arms as a place to rest.

What's logical though I think the biggest comfort and most logical answers I have found using the forum is that I was fine before being born and therefore will be fine Wayy after.

• Love
Reactions: PurpleVoid, pthnrdnojvsc, Abgrundanziehung and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I view death and the end of consciousness with open arms as a place to rest.
I need a very long vacation from what I've been going through for years healthwise as I'm sure you do too. It's torture for me. No other way to put what I'm going through. Never ending torture.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PurpleVoid
P

Paralyzed boy

May 7, 2020
I need a very long vacation from what I've been going through for years healthwise as I'm sure you do too. It's torture for me. No other way to put what I'm going through. Never ending torture.

If you ever want to talk, I'm here

Reactions: Meditation guide
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
I truly don't have an answer to that question but I often think of something Mark Twain said:
I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.

• Love
Reactions: raindrops, Pan, roju and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well I just wrote about this in a recent thread. Of course I don't have the absolute truth but I don't think we have to be afraid of death's post-stuff because there are two options:

Either our consciousness leaves this world just like your body does too and never comes back (which will be really cool because we won't mind, just like before we were born) or there's something just like a real world (we're in a simulation), reincarnation (we do better and see the world more positively everytime), we're really eternal and wander around the universe finding out every single mystery, and so on.

What I'm 100% sure is that there's not such a place as hell because in any case, this is it. Just turn on the TV and watch the news: babies die, good people are killed by criminals, persons are raped, most (or every) politicians are disgusting, etc. Could hell really be worse? Don't think so and if it is, I'll probably do much better than those who did commit crimes.

• Love
Reactions: PurpleVoid and rhiino
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
My gradma used to interpret it pretty fine and simple. I dunno why but it speaks to me.
'Every time you fall asleep you are sort of dead. Recall the time between you fall asleep and start to dream. This is how it feels to be dead.'
She was an atheist till her last days. I loved her very much. Rest in peace.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, die2live, raindrops and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Could hell really be worse?
I was listening to a man who had covid talk about being in a coma for several months and it was all blackness and a black pit next to him and terror non stop, the blackness and the void. So yeh it could be worse. I've heard of others who describe something similar when they lose consciousness, just a blackness everywhere. Hope that doesn't happen to me.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My gradma used to interpret it pretty fine and simple. I dunno why but it speaks to me.
'Every time you fall asleep you are sort of dead. Recall the time between you fall asleep and start to dream. This is how it feels to be dead.'
She was an atheist till her last days. I loved her very much. Rest in peace.

Your grandma rocked!
I agree with her statement but I'm still curious because unlike when sleeping, by the time we die, our body is not asleep but completely dead, even our brain (which is the one that makes us dream.)

I wonder what the hell will happen in the afterlife lol