• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ryan.s

Ryan.s

Experienced
Nov 29, 2019
I'm going to hang myself soon. Obviously, if I'm going to do it, I just need to do it. But we all have a self preservation instinct. Does anyone have any serious tips on how to overcome this instinct? I will drink alcohol before I do it, but is there anything else I can do?

• Hugs
Reactions: Johanna94, LonelyLight, Moonicide and 4 others
A

AintNoWayOut

Student
Jan 6, 2020
the idea of hanging freaks me out. my most preferred method would be gunshot to the head, over in an instant. jumping would be good if the height was pretty much guaranteed to kill me, but still intimidating. overdosing would be nice if it was reliable and it happened in a way where i became weak then died in my sleep, but it usually doesnt go that way. blah blah blah yeah hanging kinda scares me ngl but if it was my only option i'd just suck it up. i'd imagine it'd help to get drunk/high, do it in such a way that you cant turn back, and just know that peace is on the other side after a few minutes of struggling.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust, mediocre, DevilInHell667 and 2 others
Xebsora29

Xebsora29

XebRubix
Nov 1, 2019
If someone could explain this for me as well, that would be great.

Reactions: DevilInHell667
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
I don't think there's anything specific, maybe alcohol or weed. Gotta have a real desire to do it and confidence that it'll work.

Racee

Racee

Jan 6, 2020
Over the years of gathering tons of information on forum sites that are not around anymore and just a culmination of people's own opinions some are gone and some still around.
some of the fear is possibility of survival, as to why many practice and gain knowledge first hand and to desensitize if any shortcomings arise to the method that is chosen. If what you choose is one of the more readily accessible options and scares you I have known people to as others say here alcohol or mild hypnotics to numb the anxiety. Might be a tad weird/off to say but a calmness does surge thru your body when you do find a right method for you. I believe the exit should be that final release of longing desire that one could not find here in this life.
hope something helped you here

Reactions: Ryan.s
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I ask a simple question —- is hanging feasible? If so, is partial or full suspension the way to go?

notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
here are some threads re survival instinct via the search function of the site. SI seems a very common issue. i probably don't have any helpful tips, but i'll share my experiences just in case.

although my SI was strong in the weeks/days before my previous suicide attempts, it went away immediately prior to those attempts. in the final moments before those attempts, i honestly wasn't scared of dying or death at all. it was far from peaceful: i was desperate to escape the most hopeless and painful moment of my life, but SI wasn't an issue and didn't enter my head. can anyone relate to their SI disappearing just prior to a previous attempt?

i think my next attempt will be different, because my compulsion to die is coming more from external pressures/future threats than the internal pressures (e.g. self-hatred) of previous attempts. i still hate myself, but i'm better (psychologically) than the times of my previous attempts. although the desire to die is just as strong, i think SI will be greater because external pressures are a bigger factor; i'm not begging to die like before. my large dose of benzos will help, and i'll try to focus on how inevitably prolonged and horrible my future is rather than the brief moments of pain in the process of dying... but i think i'll stilll be more scared this time. OTOH maybe it will go away again, just before drinking the SN and while waiting for unconsciousness. i hope so.

i think SI varies on lots of factors. one might be the combination of the individual + method, e.g. for me firearm is too gruesome, even though i know it would be instant and leaving a mess (so long as nobody has to clean it up) is irrelevant. my previous attempts were CO, hanging, jumping in front of a vehicle (psychosis; biggest regret), and OD (imipramine + quetiapine -- don't). i wonder if SI varies with reasons too, e.g. whether one wants to die of their own accord/for their own reasons vs external pressures leaving them no other choice?

not really any solid tips, sorry. but maybe your SI disappears just prior to your attempt like mine did. the alcohol should help; you'll be in good company (almost ⅓ of all suicides are legally intoxicated). possible suggestions: contrast the brief suffering of dying with the prolonged suffering of life and (hopefully) eternal peace. something else i try to keep in mind -- everyone is going to die, suicide or not. only difference is in the quality of dying... and most methods are an improvement over years/decades of slowly losing your health, chronic illness, falling apart, cancer, dementia, etc.

are you more scared of the process of dying or death itself? is your suicidality more from internal or external sources?

i hope you can find some peace.

Reactions: 27clubBRIAN, fizi22 and Backwood_tilt
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I'm going to hang myself soon. Obviously, if I'm going to do it, I just need to do it. But we all have a self preservation instinct. Does anyone have any serious tips on how to overcome this instinct? I will drink alcohol before I do it, but is there anything else I can do?
[/QU
Pretty terrifying, isn't it? I have long resigned myself to full suspension by hanging. It takes guts, after all; the guts I do not have. I wish I could comfort you and when I muster the courage, I willl get fienshly drunk before I swing.

P