• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Moonshinee

Moonshinee

Aug 26, 2023
They want me to start this year, saying im already an adult and should've started ages ago. They don't know that I'm not muslim nor will I ever wear the hijab, but I cannot tell them that unless I want to get kicked out. They've been lenient these past years and I have hope I can get past it this year too, but I need a convincing reason. The real reason is that I hate the idea of the hijab and what it stands for, but I cannot tell them that. Could anyone help me out?
Thank you so much in advance.

(**nothing against any woman wearing the hijab of course! i just personally am trying to avoid it.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Duality, HerculePoirot, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I mean, theres no way of telling them that you're against wearing a hijab and you'll never see yourself wearing one. But, what you could do is have the hijab on while leaving the house and when you arrive at the destination just take it off… I don't know, honestly. Its all I can think of. Sorry you're expected to wear that thing. If you want to give them a reason why you don't want to wear it just tell them why, if you think it would be safe to do so.

• Love
Reactions: Moonshinee
Moonshinee

Moonshinee

Aug 26, 2023
I mean, theres no way of telling them that you're against wearing a hijab and you'll never see yourself wearing one. But, what you could do is have the hijab on while leaving the house and when you arrive at the destination just take it off… I don't know, honestly. Its all I can think of. Sorry you're expected to wear that thing. If you want to give them a reason why you don't want to wear it just tell them why, if you think it would be safe to do so.
yes, i've been thinking of deciving them like that if they give me no choice. I'm meant to talk about it with them tomorrow or today, hopefully we can establish something. and if they try to force me, well, i only have to just take it off outside as you said. until the day i die. which is hopefully soon hahaha

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and アホペンギン
Degen

Degen

Aug 28, 2021
If you intend on ctb soon, you can wear it and take it off before leaving home, I wouldn't take the chance of telling them personally in case they react violently. Even if they don't I wouldn't feel like it's worth all the hassle.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, fedupwithlife and Moonshinee
Moonshinee

Moonshinee

Aug 26, 2023
If you intend on ctb soon, you can wear it and take it off before leaving home, I wouldn't take the chance of telling them personally in case they react violently.
i dont know when i will be able to acess what i need to ctb, so the date is a bit hazy. but hopefully i can figure out something up till the day i take myself out

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori

Dumb Dog
Jan 11, 2023
My friend had a deal with their parents that they'd wear the hijab for pictures being sent back to family, when family visited from parents home country and when it was special occasions like holidays or family meals but they didn't have to wear it otherwise.
It was the best compromise they could get but frankly their parents did things like drink and smoke cigarettes so they weren't strictly devout although they liked to pretend they were.
I hope your talk with them goes well!

• Hugs
Reactions: Moonshinee and Praestat_Mori
Moonshinee

Moonshinee

Aug 26, 2023
My friend had a deal with their parents that they'd wear the hijab for pictures being sent back to family, when family visited from parents home country and when it was special occasions like holidays or family meals but they didn't have to wear it otherwise.
It was the best compromise they could get but frankly their parents did things like drink and smoke cigarettes so they weren't strictly devout although they liked to pretend they were.
I hope your talk with them goes well!
my parents are very religious so its a bit hard to compremise. i did talk with them. unfourtently i now just have to deal with taking it off whenever i go outside. i think i can bear it, hopefully.

• Hugs
Reactions: 5417807
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
I am sorry you have to deal with this. I had a a lot of friends who had to deal with the same thing back in high school where they didn't want to wear a hijab, and couldn't really talk to their parents either.

The only thing that worked for most of them was moving away from their parents early to live their own life, and over time their parents eventually accepted it. One ran away from home to another friend's place as a form of protest, and didn't come back until their parents agreed to be more lax. In that particular situation, it seems like the parents didn't really know how much she hated being forced to wear one.

I know it's not comforting to hear these stories right now, seeing as how all of them took time, and your parents don't appear to be as compromising either.

For now I would agree that taking it off outside is the best way to go about it. But, please also be safe because I'm not sure what'll happen if they find out you're doing this. Make sure they're not following you, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Moonshinee
Moonshinee

Moonshinee

Aug 26, 2023
I am sorry you have to deal with this. I had a a lot of friends who had to deal with the same thing back in high school where they didn't want to wear a hijab, and couldn't really talk to their parents either.

The only thing that worked for most of them was moving away from their parents early to live their own life, and over time their parents eventually accepted it. One ran away from home to another friend's place as a form of protest, and didn't come back until their parents agreed to be more lax. In that particular situation, it seems like the parents didn't really know how much she hated being forced to wear one.

I know it's not comforting to hear these stories right now, seeing as how all of them took time, and your parents don't appear to be as compromising either.

For now I would agree that taking it off outside is the best way to go about it. But, please also be safe because I'm not sure what'll happen if they find out you're doing this. Make sure they're not following you, etc.
It's so sad that so many young girls go through this, but at the same time I feel a sense of comfort knowing I'm not on my own with this. Its true that my freedom is soemthing that I must achive with time, but I will do my best for now. I am planning to keep it this way, and take the hijab off outside. Thank you for your concern, I will be as careful as one can be! Hopefully I can manage this until I am able to move out or simply die, because for now, I need to milk them out of their money.
Thank you again for your advice and concern:heart:

Reactions: Touhou and Duality