E

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
I feel the strongest urge to not be alive when I get rejected. It's getting harder and harder to keep getting back up, as each rejection is a blow in the same tender spot in my soul.

For context- I finally got the courage to leave an abusive romantic relationship. And now I'm trying to date and find love again and every hope of love that doesn't work out because they either reject or ghost me is killing me.

Don't tell me not to put all my happiness in finding romantic love, because I don't. But know that this is really important to me because I really want a traditional family and children one day. So I have to keep putting myself out there to find that.

What do I do?

• Hugs
Reactions: eatantz, ChronicPainExistent and AvwJ
ChronicPainExistent

ChronicPainExistent

One day at a time
Jan 3, 2024
You don't have to keep putting yourself out there. How about taking a break from it for a little while? Give yourself time to recuperate.

It's not healthy for a rejection to hurt to the point of making you not want to live. Romantic love should be an addition to your life, not a necessity without which you wouldn't want to be alive.

Having a family of your own is really important to you, yes — but it's also important not to rush into having that family, right? You can take your time with this. It's better if you do.

• Love
Reactions: AvwJ, MarsProxy and Looking
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I feel the strongest urge to not be alive when I get rejected. It's getting harder and harder to keep getting back up, as each rejection is a blow in the same tender spot in my soul.

For context- I finally got the courage to leave an abusive romantic relationship. And now I'm trying to date and find love again and every hope of love that doesn't work out because they either reject or ghost me is killing me.

Don't tell me not to put all my happiness in finding romantic love, because I don't. But know that this is really important to me because I really want a traditional family and children one day. So I have to keep putting myself out there to find that.

What do I do?
Have you tried to figure out why people keep rejecting you? Have you tried to figure out how you managed to get yourself into that abusive relationship? If you can understand both of those, you will be better placed when it comes to looking for a good partner.

E

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
Have you tried to figure out why people keep rejecting you? Have you tried to figure out how you managed to get yourself into that abusive relationship? If you can understand both of those, you will be better placed when it comes to looking for a good partner.
Yes I have talked to a professional about that abusive relationship so I know what to do to make sure that happens again.

I don't know why I keep getting rejected though. We'll have good conversation and hen they will ghost and with no explanation. Or we'll have a fine dinner date and then they will say they don't want to see me anymore.

I get really sad when I'm rejected and usually just delete their number and cry, but I don't ask why they don't want to see me again. I know I should ask, and I'd like to think I will next time, I'm just scared of the wave of pain I'm sure their words will bring.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvwJ
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Yes I have talked to a professional about that abusive relationship so I know what to do to make sure that happens again.

I don't know why I keep getting rejected though. We'll have good conversation and hen they will ghost and with no explanation. Or we'll have a fine dinner date and then they will say they don't want to see me anymore.

I get really sad when I'm rejected and usually just delete their number and cry, but I don't ask why they don't want to see me again. I know I should ask, and I'd like to think I will next time, I'm just scared of the wave of pain I'm sure their words will bring.
You could try contacting the people who rejected you, and ask them why they didn't want to continue the relationship. Explain that you are looking for honest feedback for the sake of your own mental health; you are not trying to restart the relationship. Some people won't respond, some would probably lie to you "to spare your feelings" as they will see it, but others might give you some useful feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Looking and emptyenvelopes