LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022
I see alot of threads exploring how or what to do with any property or estates you own before you go. However, given I own no land, and have no precious belongings, what should I do with assets like online accounts? How should I handle my online presence, especially if an investigation might occur and led the authorities to this?

How should I deal with my belongings so that my existence will fade as fast as possible?

Reactions: Meditation guide, Lostandlooking and fishlover
fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
really hope someone answers this cause id like to know too.

h78272

h78272

Oct 3, 2023
id say delete them, there are scripts/bots you can use to wipe all your messages on certain messaging programs
deleting your images and comments before deleting your whole page to avoid any tracks since comment and sometimes posts can still be viewed and you wont be able to scrape them after deletion
everything registered under an email, gone.
accounts tied to games, i guess either give them away or delete i duno
changing your usernames on websites before you delete them so that youre not tied to any other account helps too if youre avoiding any ties or tracks

something i think about alot too kinda brings me weird feelings that everything will just be gone on a surface level im not sure how to word my thoughts about it anyways

Reactions: fishlover
ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
I'd probably worry less about wiping your tracks off the internet. It's a futile effort, you'd only be able to remove so much.
Everything you've posted publicly will remain, it'd be practically impossible to prevent specifically investigators from looking at public content you've posted before if there is no option to delete it.
Me personally, I am not going to worry about trying to scrub my presence off the internet. I'm not concerned about whatever investigators can potentially find that I've done publicly.
Like, I cannot have my family know about this forum account and what I've posted right now. But, once I'm dead, if they somehow manage to identify me here after I'm gone, they can read all my posts for all I care. What are they gonna do about it anyway?

That said, I would be concerned about private stuff. Like the login credentials to your internet accounts and stuff on your computer already.
But you can do things to try to prevent your accounts from being broken into if you're concerned.

The first place investigators would most likely start with to get your private data is your physical devices. Those will simply contain all your accounts and lots more right there for the taking when they discover your belongings.
You can prevent this by factory resetting any device you are using now and the ones you've been using in the past before you go.
Better still, change your passwords on your important accounts like your emails and such to something complex and one you haven't used in the past as well.

I think that would make a significant difference (not necessarily 100% though) in obscuring your internet activities if you're worried about investigators/family looking at your stuff. If you did those two things above, they'd have to start from scratch when enumerating your presence online (provided you haven't just used the same username on every platform and such, that would make their job easier).
And, if you used a unique username here and your email account remains secured, they will most likely not discover your SaSu account.

• Informative
Reactions: iwkmlol, sensenmann and Lostandlooking