D

dogthebenzohunter

Jan 5, 2023
My job gives me so much anxiety and I can't get time off to interview for another job. I am always making mistakes and am always afraid I'll get fired. I have to self medicate with drugs just to get sleep and find any sense of peace but I can't keep doing that forever.

My supervisor micromanages me and questions me for every minute I am not active on the phone queue. Its just too much. I quit my last job because my new supervisor there was overbearing but this one is so much worse.

My contract expires end of January so I have to hold out to then. Never getting another call centre job again I refuse. Would rather go hungry and homeless.

• Hugs
Reactions: BoulderSoWhat and amnesia999
P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
My advice is to try and find some things to get excited about in this life. Excitement eats stress and anxiety for breakfast. There's a constant battle in our body between the natural chemicals that happiness and excitement create (endorphins), versus the ones stress and anxiety create, (the fight and flight chemicals). These are some of the most powerful natural chemicals that our body produces.

There are various others, that are also produced by our body, but they are mainly produced automatically to achieve and maintain homeostasis. The chemical/hormone production based on our emotions, varies dramatically. A good example of this, is how we achieve almost superhuman strength from adrenaline, when someone is in serious danger and needs help.

Call center jobs are notorious for being stressful, maybe once your contract is done you could try a driving job next, they seem much better for stress, and are relatively easy jobs to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoulderSoWhat