tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
i have an appointment with my psychiatrist on tuesday and i would really like some benzos to help with SI. i have been seeing this dr monthly for about 10 months so she probably trusts me. i have had a big uptick in anxiety and panic attacks lately as well as ptsd flashbacks. what should i say to get her to prescribe me something to ease my anxiety and SI? i dont want to come across as a drug seeker.

M

mia_qwerty

Student
Apr 13, 2023
You could say you have bad insomnia and or panic attacks. That's how I ended up getting benzos. I do use them for sleep.

Reactions: tinyghost
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
i have an appointment with my psychiatrist on tuesday and i would really like some benzos to help with SI. i have been seeing this dr monthly for about 10 months so she probably trusts me. i have had a big uptick in anxiety and panic attacks lately as well as ptsd flashbacks. what should i say to get her to prescribe me something to ease my anxiety and SI? i dont want to come across as a drug seeker.

I don't have any advice, but interested to hear what others say. I tried to do the same with my primary care provider, but she just gave me generic Vistaril, which may have application for CBT (I dunno). I wanted benzos though. I didn't push it, because like you I didn't want to come across wrong. I'm considering on next visit to say that they didn't work well for me - hoping for what I want.

In my case I said that I was interested for something to treat my anxiety. I recently started antidepressants and said those are working well for depression (not too sure about that) and would like something to treat my anxiety.

I feel the meds given work ok for that, but want something stronger.

Last edited:
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
I don't have any advice, but interested to hear what others say. I tried to do the same with my primary care provider, but she just gave me generic Vistaril, which may have application for CBT (I dunno). I wanted benzos though. I didn't push it, because like you I didn't want to come across wrong. I'm considering on next visit to say that they didn't work well for me - hoping for what I want.

In my case I said that I was interested for something to treat my anxiety. I recently started antidepressants and said those are working well for depression (not too sure about that) and would like something to treat my anxiety.

I feel the meds given work ok for that, but want something stronger.
i cant take antidepressants since they cause hallucinations/delusions/mania, ive tried heart meds and blood pressure meds and antihistamines but nothing works much for anxiety. they give me ativan at the hospital and it chills you out. im not looking for a long term prescription since they can be addictive i just want some to help with si when the time comes to cbt.

Reactions: AllCatsAreGrey