DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
Basically my best friend broke up with me and I feel like I have no one left. He was my home and now I'm not sure what to do. According to a friend, he's changed a lot and I'm afraid I've probably lost him. Actually, I have. Does anyone have any advice or anything they do that helps with a tough break up? Last time this happened I almost tried to kill myself but I'm trying so hard to get better I'm not ready to go yet... please help.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ark, Moonicide, enigmática saudade and 5 others
OreoWellington

OreoWellington

Ready To Die
Sep 28, 2019
I am so sorry for you for what you are going through and considering the fact that you want to push through it despite it being so hard shows such a strength and courage within yourself. I admire that. :heart:
I'm trying so hard thinking so deep within myself what I would do during a rough breakup (because yeah, I do not handle those quite very well either). :aw::'(
Maybe try to look back in hindsight and think of all the red flags you have missed in this person. Think of all of his worst qualities. And also if possible, try as hard as you can to seperate yourself from him physically. Initiate no contact because continuing to speak and have anything to do with him is only going to keep those wounds fresh.
If you believe you have truly tried your best and hardest in this relationship from your end, then that is all the reason to be able to let go knowing that you tried your best. I know, much easier said than done. :'(
Write in a journal all your feelings, scream, cry, look deep within the mirror at yourself and remember the reasons why you are choosing to keep going. Nurture yourself. Take deep breaths. Take things moment by moment. Go out for walks. Make a list of all your best qualities. Maybe make art or poetry channeling your emotions in that fashion/regard. Make up a mini-funeral and create a eulogy mourning the ending of that relationship. Start a fire and burn the mementos/memories/photographs down. Write/compose an unsent letter to your ex expressing how you feel expressing your closure and speaking your peace (or lack of it)?
Talk to other people about the breakup so others can provide you some kind of special insight on the matter? There's an app I have used before called 7Cups. It's a free mental health chatting service to speak to trained non-judgmental, caring listeners.
FB IMG 1567956488529

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Moonicide, Final Escape and Woodnote
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
I am so sorry for you for what you are going through and considering the fact that you want to push through it despite it being so hard shows such a strength and courage within yourself. I admire that. :heart:
I'm trying so hard thinking so deep within myself what I would do during a rough breakup (because yeah, I do not handle those quite very well either). :aw::'(
Maybe try to look back in hindsight and think of all the red flags you have missed in this person. Think of all of his worst qualities. And also if possible, try as hard as you can to seperate yourself from him physically. Initiate no contact because continuing to speak and have anything to do with him is only going to keep those wounds fresh.
If you believe you have truly tried your best and hardest in this relationship from your end, then that is all the reason to be able to let go knowing that you tried your best. I know, much easier said than done. :'(
Write in a journal all your feelings, scream, cry, look deep within the mirror at yourself and remember the reasons why you are choosing to keep going. Nurture yourself. Take deep breaths. Take things moment by moment. Go out for walks. Make a list of all your best qualities. Maybe make art or poetry channeling your emotions in that fashion/regard. Make up a mini-funeral and create a eulogy mourning the ending of that relationship. Start a fire and burn the mementos/memories/photographs down. Write/compose an unsent letter to your ex expressing how you feel expressing your closure and speaking your peace (or lack of it)?
Talk to other people about the breakup so others can provide you some kind of special insight on the matter? There's an app I have used before called 7Cups. It's a free mental health chatting service to speak to trained non-judgmental, caring listeners.
View attachment 21313
oh my gosh thank you so much OreoWellington! That's so so sweet of you, I'm crying now.❤️ I will definitely try everything you said and I hope I it will work. I guess it just takes time :( Thank you again!❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape, OreoWellington and Woodnote
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I would journal and get the feelings and thoughts out regularly. It seems to help process it faster. Expect to cry and discomfort as u try to write about this painful event. That's good though if u start to cry because u are processing stuff. You're going to feel the heartache in waves throughout the day. I'm terribly disabled by heartbreak too. A heartbreak is all it takes to unravel my life in a hurry. I become unable to function for awhile.

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote and OreoWellington
X

xxlily

Dec 11, 2019
E52C18D0 C0B9 4F21 9787 6286451AD298
In the mean time, get better and know that he'll regret it one day;)

• Love
Reactions: Moonicide, Woodnote, nosirens and 1 other person
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
I would journal and get the feelings and thoughts out regularly. It seems to help process it faster. Expect to cry and discomfort as u try to write about this painful event. That's good though if u start to cry because u are processing stuff. You're going to feel the heartache in waves throughout the day. I'm terribly disabled by heartbreak too. A heartbreak is all it takes to unravel my life in a hurry. I become unable to function for awhile.
Yeah it sucks, I also feel heartbreak in waves throughout the day. It also doesn't help to randomly hear his name in conversations :/
View attachment 21327
In the mean time, get better and know that he'll regret it one day;)
aww that's so sweet❤️ Not sure that he'll regret it but thank you anyways lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Moonicide, Brick In The Wall and Woodnote
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Find someone better then rub it in their face. I think the other posters have covered the other aspects of the healing process fairly well. I'm just giving you options here!

DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
Find someone better then rub it in their face. I think the other posters have covered the other aspects of the healing process fairly well. I'm just giving you options here!
Haha that sounds like something I might do. I just care about him too much to actually do it Thank you though

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall