• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sindra

sindra

Feb 2, 2024
I would usually use my pocket knife to cut, I have to put a lot of pressure for it to make a cut and it's quite painful. However, recently I gave my friend my pocket knife so they can sharpen it, it's taking them a while and the only alternative I have is this razor blade, though whenever I try to use it I would usually stop, not sure what's stopping me but I guess I just fear extremely sharp objects. Is there any way to get rid of this "fear"

• Hugs
Reactions: Pathetic and Sad and set0553
AR3S_

AR3S_

Forceful bliss
May 22, 2024
I attempted CTB a couple years ago using a razor on my wrists. I found it very difficult to force myself to exert the amount of force necessary to actually get to the artery. It wouldn't be my personally preferred way of CTB after that experience, as I was found regardless.

Upvote 0
Tryingtofindaway

Tryingtofindaway

Need help sleeping.
May 8, 2024
As you have noticed, the duller a blade is the more pressure you need to make a cut and the more painful that cut is. So with that logic, if you take the sharpest object available to the average person and treat it like a blunt pocket knife, using loads of pressure and probably cutting quite fast, you're going to mutilate yourself. I'll attatch an old video of exactly that happening.
The point is, you have every reason to be afraid. How you overcome that fear, I'd say would just be by taking it very slow. Start with barely visible marks and work your way up to paper cuts. (That's probably the way everyone starts anyway).
In theory if they hadn't squeezed it shut like that, would that have been enough to ctb?

Upvote 0
L

LostSoul1965

Experienced
Apr 15, 2024
In theory if they hadn't squeezed it shut like that, would that have been enough to ctb?
Not even close. Not recommended at all. You will fail or end up crippled and worse off. Cutting is less than 5% fatal. Your blood will clot long before you pass. There is a resource thread why this is not a good idea.

Upvote 0
sindra

sindra

Feb 2, 2024
As you have noticed, the duller a blade is the more pressure you need to make a cut and the more painful that cut is. So with that logic, if you take the sharpest object available to the average person and treat it like a blunt pocket knife, using loads of pressure and probably cutting quite fast, you're going to mutilate yourself. I'll attatch an old video of exactly that happening.
The point is, you have every reason to be afraid. How you overcome that fear, I'd say would just be by taking it very slow. Start with barely visible marks and work your way up to paper cuts. (That's probably the way everyone starts anyway).
Appreciate the advice, life has been difficult recently.

Upvote 0
set0553

set0553

самоубийство
May 16, 2024
The first time I cut was with a piece of broken mirror chunk I found and gradually worked my way up to single edged razor blades, and carpet cutting blades. Stings terribly at first, especially if you're sweating, but afterwards the dull deep muscle pain feels good.. don't go too fast, just a little at a time is best, and work your way up, is my recommendation. Definitely not a good ctb method though due to clotting, which can happen pretty fast depending.

Upvote 0
set0553

set0553

самоубийство
May 16, 2024
DAAAMN.. 😂

Upvote 0
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
Razor blades are rlly rlly sharp so u dont reaaaalllllyyy need to use pressure, just pulling it over ur skin usually works to get a cut. Not a very deep one but u can look at that later. But in general if u dont do it its better… and please please, clean sanitize and bandage your wounds, dont be stupid.

Upvote 0
sindra

sindra

Feb 2, 2024
Razor blades are rlly rlly sharp so u dont reaaaalllllyyy need to use pressure, just pulling it over ur skin usually works to get a cut. Not a very deep one but u can look at that later. But in general if u dont do it its better… and please please, clean sanitize and bandage your wounds, dont be stupid.
I'll make sure I'll clean it

Upvote 0
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
Isn't cutting wrists notoriously unreliable for a suicide method?

Upvote 0
sindra

sindra

Feb 2, 2024
Yes definitely. Its an absolutely terrible idea and almost never works. I think this post is talking about sh though no?
Yuh, I have no intention of CTB right now, just coping

Reactions: angel31
Upvote 0
Ww42

Ww42

Student
Feb 24, 2024
It usually doesn't happen due to courage. It's when you hit such a deep depressive rock bottom that you don't care if you go too deep, or do too much, you just want the physical pain to help, thats when you use a razor. I hope you never get to that point

Upvote 0
sindra

sindra

Feb 2, 2024
It usually doesn't happen due to courage. It's when you hit such a deep depressive rock bottom that you don't care if you go too deep, or do too much, you just want the physical pain to help, thats when you use a razor. I hope you never get to that point
Hmm, I see. Currently I wish to start using razor blade because I believe it will bring me more satisfaction than any other item like pocket knife but I can't bring myself to use it.

Upvote 0