sorararara

sorararara

not much to look at
Feb 12, 2023
i'm still so mad at myself for trying to get better. i should have never ruined my plans to ctb and i'm stupid for believing that i could actually get better.
i'm so alone, can someone please give me advice or tips on how to deal with this? i've been completely alone for the past decade and it's just impossible to cope with it now. i can't stop crying, i'm so tired of going months without talking to someone other than the family members i'm living with. i've exhausted every coping mechanism that's been recommended and idk what to do, ctb isn't even an option anymore atm

• Hugs
Reactions: O_oreo., numbnesshuman, Valky and 8 others
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
i'm still so mad at myself for trying to get better. i should have never ruined my plans to ctb and i'm stupid for believing that i could actually get better.
i'm so alone, can someone please give me advice or tips on how to deal with this? i've been completely alone for the past decade and it's just impossible to cope with it now. i can't stop crying, i'm so tired of going months without talking to someone other than the family members i'm living with. i've exhausted every coping mechanism that's been recommended and idk what to do, ctb isn't even an option anymore atm
If you want someone to talk to you can pm me and add my discord im free most days.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
If you're trying to change your current state of loneliness, how about trying to see more people with similar interests? If not in real life, then online works too. There are several apps for similar-minded people to match with each other, or you could find people on here. I'm sure there must be someone out there that gets you, or at least, try to get you. My best friend is an online friend too. It will take some time definitely, but wouldn't hurt to at least try am I right?

Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and wanna-be-null
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
i've dealt with loneliness, i know it hurts. my tightest hugs.
the way i lived through that time of my life was immersing myself into distractions. my hobbies were reading and writing. though i spent hours upon hours for years talking to nobody but myself, my family, and occasionally my classmates for group projects, looking back, those distractions did alleviate some pain. that said, it didnt completely keep me from it, because there were still some nights i spent crying. however, the nights i did spend reading/writing are moments i treasure now. (i can't write anymore today.)

do you have any hobbies? games, literature, food, art?

also, what makes ctb "not an option anymore"? for me, having it as an option calms me down and makes it easier to focus on living because then, the dying has been taken care of, the idea of not having any way out would feel suffocating to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and catharspiral
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
sign up for something you like to do, maybe groups of people to meet up in your area, i don't know, i'm also lonely.

Reactions: Joarga and Praestat_Mori
EternalDaydreaming

EternalDaydreaming

May 27, 2023
One way I dealt with it is I adopted a dog if you have money and can take care of it, it might help a lot.

Reactions: š’ššš¤š® ā˜†, Praestat_Mori and WeepingWillow
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

šŸ“œ Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
From my experience, after a while of prolonged loneliness, you'll just lose the desire completely. It's like your mind knows no one is coming, so it becomes attuned to rejection. As a way of coping, I just became increasingly disconnected from people and felt an overall sense of numbness.

Unlike my situation though, You still show eagerness to overcome it. Online is a good place to start, but that only helps so much after awhile if it's through text. People need the actual, real-life stimulation that only communication can offer.

The next best thing to that are phone calls and video chats. I personally haven't been able to find anyone willing to give these a shot with, but I always thought that they would make for great practice for those who struggle with social skills.

You can also use the chat function here to type to various people at once who may also be in a similar situation. And it looks like you already have a few people in this thread willing to strike up a conversation with you.

If you want to try it outside of here, I recommend an app called Amino. Amino has various communities that you can join that interest you. These can be beneficial since you are already meeting people with a common interest in mind, which may make striking up a conversation easier.

Hopefully this helps as a good starting point...but I wish you luck in your quest to find a friend.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: foreverfalling and Praestat_Mori
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
What helped me lots during Corona was making friends online, in games. We talked on discord everyday and still do to this day :) met many awesome people that I love and cherish

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
By realising that the human species truly is so awful in general, you cannot trust and rely on other people, they very often just create more suffering making existence even more torturous. So therefore it's better to be alone.